BENGALS 2007 2ND ROUND PICK KENNY IRONS

Guest oldschooler

Guest Tigris
[quote name='WD40' post='478501' date='Apr 28 2007, 11:40 PM']Which Mac? Big Mac? If you can find a McDonalds open right now, I'll buy if you fly.

If you're talking about the little albino, fuck him. I could never coerce his little ass to beat Soda Popinski. How fucked up is that? I could cheat my way straight to Tyson and whup his ass, but that Russian sumbitch pwned my ass like Richard Simmons every time.[/quote]
mike tyson's punch out

[img]http://static.flickr.com/21/97943458_47ea3f62f8.jpg[/img]

nice finger...

[quote name='Tigris' post='478499' date='Apr 28 2007, 11:40 PM'][img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]
that just caught me as real funny for some reason. i immediately thought of ron burgundy for some reason.[/quote]

Stay classy San Diego. San Diego is Spanish for a whale's vagina, donchano?

[quote name='Tigris' post='478504' date='Apr 28 2007, 11:44 PM']mike tyson's punch out

[img]http://static.flickr.com/21/97943458_47ea3f62f8.jpg[/img]

nice finger...[/quote]

Yeah, I realized the Mac you were talking about and snuck an edit in on you there. Watch out, I'm shifty like Kenny Irons. Can't catch a crackhead.

[quote name='The Scales' post='478210' date='Apr 28 2007, 08:11 PM']Not suprised. I guess having two chris henry's would have been one too much.
I wonder what flavor he is?

Cast iron?

Gray?

Ductile?

Ferrous?[/quote]

Nodular

Guest Tigris
[quote name='WD40' post='478507' date='Apr 28 2007, 11:45 PM']Yeah, I realized the Mac you were talking about and snuck an edit in on you there. Watch out, I'm shifty like Kenny Irons. Can't catch a crackhead.[/quote]
hopefully irons plays with your intensity. we'd have a good one

[quote name='SKTiger' post='478520' date='Apr 29 2007, 12:06 AM']This could all be a mute point if the bengals would've drafted Steven Jackson (like everyone said was the best RB) instead of Mr. Glass. Can you imagine?[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Lets not go there about past draft's "what if's", because this thread could get real depressing if we did.[/b][/color]

[quote name='sneaky' post='478522' date='Apr 29 2007, 12:10 AM'][color="#FF0000"][b]Lets not go there about past draft's "what if's", because this thread could get real depressing if we did.[/b][/color][/quote]

Yeah, remeber when we could have drafted Akili Smith and passed on him for... oh wait. That did happen. Shit.

[quote name='BATTLECAT' post='478388' date='Apr 29 2007, 02:01 AM']I'm not gonna lie, I wasn't expecting this pick, as were none of the rest of you.

I was definitely heartbroken when David Harris (ILB) and Justin Durant (LB from Hampton) were taken right in front of our faces!!! :shakesfist:

But I got the thinking though. What about Buster Davis (LB from Florida State?) Yeah, he's a bit undersized but plays LARGE!!! :thumbsup:

Then this goes down!

Maybe the reason that they didn't go that direction, is because they have something up their sleeves with a potential signing of someone named Edgerton Hartwell next week :rolleyes:

This was a definite curveball, that's for sure!!!

:afropic: :afropic: :afropic:[/quote]

This tells us a couple things are possible: 1 We are happy with our D-line 2. We have an excellent chance at getting Hartwell, and @ the LB position we are straight 3. Oh yeah, the Chris Perry thing :thumbsdown:

[quote name='sparky151' post='478541' date='Apr 29 2007, 12:39 AM']I don't care much for this pick. We could have had Garrett Wolfe on Sunday and made better use of the 2nd rounder. Irons won't get the level of blocking in the NFL he had in college with Grubbs and McNeil in front of him.[/quote]

Yeaaaaahhhhh. So, the Bengals don't have one of the best offensive lines in the NFL? Are you from Cleveland, Sparky?

[quote name='WD40' post='478545' date='Apr 29 2007, 12:43 AM']Yeaaaaahhhhh. So, the Bengals don't have one of the best offensive lines in the NFL? Are you from Cleveland, Sparky?[/quote]

The NFL has much more parity than college football. The Bengals have a fine offensive line when everyone is healthy. The Bengal's fine offensive line won't be blowing out opponents the same way the Auburn line did however. If you watch his highlight video, he's getting way past the line of scrimmage untouched. That doesn't happen much in the NFL.

[quote name='sparky151' post='478548' date='Apr 28 2007, 11:48 PM']The NFL has much more parity than college football. The Bengals have a fine offensive line when everyone is healthy. The Bengal's fine offensive line won't be blowing out opponents the same way the Auburn line did however. If you watch his highlight video, he's getting way past the line of scrimmage untouched. That doesn't happen much in the NFL.[/quote]

I might agree with you if Auburn didn't put so many good RB's into the NFL. They do though however. Irons is just another in a long line of Auburn RB's that will go on to be very productive NFL backs.

[quote name='sparky151' post='478548' date='Apr 29 2007, 12:48 AM']The NFL has much more parity than college football. The Bengals have a fine offensive line when everyone is healthy. The Bengal's fine offensive line won't be blowing out opponents the same way the Auburn line did however. If you watch his highlight video, he's getting way past the line of scrimmage untouched. That doesn't happen much in the NFL.[/quote]

I don't care about video. Mel Kiper tells me he's shifty like Barry Sanders. That's all I need to hear. He is the next Barry Sanders. Man law.

[quote name='globetrotter' post='478224' date='Apr 28 2007, 07:19 PM']He is an excellent receiver. Which one of his ten catches last year showed you that?

We did not need a RB. if you wanted an insurance policy for Perry in case he is not healthy by the beginning of the year then we justhave a very expensive insurance policy...we spent a 2nd round pick. What if Perry is healthy.

This was a horrible pick when we have a horrible defense. i could have been talked into beleiving in any DT or S.[/quote]

co-sign

[quote name='sneaky' post='478392' date='Apr 28 2007, 09:03 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]People want to hate now, but these are the same people that have never seen a Bengal running back break
off a 60+ yard touchdown, the last few years. As i said earlier, the haters will be on Iron's nutsack after he
takes one to the house.[/b][/color][/quote]

I think he can be a very good RB, and certainly better than Chris Perry who is never able to play. I just hope he doesn't make a habit of taking it to the house frequently--I'd almost rather keep our O on the field as long as possible rather than trust our D to do their part.

Awwww. come on, now, actium. Where's the faith? We now have two shut down corners, a decent LB corps and a D line that can only get better than last year. Next season, it will be an internal struggle to see which unit gets off the field quicker, the O or the D.

[quote name='WD40' post='478572' date='Apr 29 2007, 12:37 AM']Awwww. come on, now, actium. Where's the faith? We now have two shut down corners, a decent LB corps and a D line that can only get better than last year. Next season, it will be an internal struggle to see which unit gets off the field quicker, the O or the D.[/quote]

I will remain concerned about our D until it proves it can live up to its potential (actually, the same goes for the offense). I don't really like the pick, not because I don't think Irons will help out, but because I don't think a RB was a wise way to spend our 2nd rounder. But then I'm just a random guy who doesn't really know that much about the game. I hope this pick works out. We got ourselves a couple of Auburn alums in the backfield now.

[quote name='Actium' post='478573' date='Apr 29 2007, 01:40 AM']I will remain concerned about our D until it proves it can live up to its potential (actually, the same goes for the offense). I don't really like the pick, not because I don't think Irons will help out, but because I don't think a RB was a wise way to spend our 2nd rounder. [i][b]But then I'm just a random guy who doesn't really know that much about the game. I hope this pick works out[/b].[/i] We got ourselves a couple of Auburn alums in the backfield now.[/quote]

Well then, take my lead. Peruse post #139.

[quote name='sparky151' post='478541' date='Apr 29 2007, 12:39 AM']I don't care much for this pick. We could have had Garrett Wolfe on Sunday and made better use of the 2nd rounder. Irons won't get the level of blocking in the NFL he had in college with Grubbs and McNeil in front of him.[/quote]

Garrett Wolfe can't be drafted on sunday since he was drafted by Chicago in the 3rd round on saturday.

[quote name='Actium' post='478579' date='Apr 29 2007, 01:54 AM']I am happy to join forces in this matter[/quote]

Amen, brother. Now we just need a catchy jingle for our new club. And a recruiter to help in the drinking of the Marv-aid.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain

[quote name='WD40' post='478562' date='Apr 29 2007, 01:19 AM']I don't care about video. Mel Kiper tells me he's shifty like Barry Sanders. That's all I need to hear. He is the next Barry Sanders. Man law.[/quote]
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

this post is GREAT.

[quote name='sparky151' post='478548' date='Apr 29 2007, 12:48 AM']The NFL has much more parity than college football. The Bengals have a fine offensive line when everyone is healthy. The Bengal's fine offensive line won't be blowing out opponents the same way the Auburn line did however. If you watch his highlight video, he's getting way past the line of scrimmage untouched. That doesn't happen much in the NFL.[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Dude, what are you talking about? You can say that for every running back coming out of a big name school if you
wanted to. Dont you think Adrian Peterson or Marshawn Lynch also rolled up big stats on weaker opponents?

Your agrument has no weight.[/b][/color]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Better use of a 2nd rounder?

Explain how please.

Because the Bengals were able to grab the 3rd best RB in the draft at a position that has no depth. Perry is injury
prone and looks like he will not even be ready when the season begins. Behind Rudi, we have virtually nobody.

So you'd rather the Bengals, to pass up on the 3rd best RB and select the 6th or 7th best LB or the 5th or 6th
best DE in round 2?[/b][/color]

Archived