Jersey Number Changes

Guest LeakyBengal
[quote name='spicoli' post='485848' date='May 12 2007, 06:41 PM']lol, he sucks because he didn't come in here and set the world on fire in his 1st year? He got drafted a week before the start of training camp. He was also out of shape. How much were you realistically expecting? Lets see what he does with a full off-season under his belt. I have a feeling he's gonna be the best player on the field for us on defense this year. Impact player.[/quote]

no he sucks because people on here hyping him up and he hasnt done shit. stop hyping him. he hasnt done anything yet.

[quote name='LeakyBengal' post='485828' date='May 12 2007, 04:45 PM']He still did more in his first year than Brooks did.[/quote]

Yes and Brooks did more than Odell did last year riding the bench. Oh wait he wasnt even allowed in the stadium.

I agree there is a bit of hype surrounding him, but saying he sucks is a bit absurd, he didnt get time because of immaturity and the fact that he came into the fold late. Im not sure I would say he "sucks".

[quote name='GoBengals' post='485844' date='May 12 2007, 06:32 PM']koch sports in cinci can fix it, www.kochsports.com i emailed them about it as dan NJ got one too, i will let everyone know of their reply. i think someone mentioned youll have to take off the old number yourself, and they can add the 5's, it wont leave holes, and it wont be hard to make look right. the mesh is fucking mesh it already has holes and the shoulders are ultrasheen material and no holes will stay as its semi elastic. i would be surprised if it costs more than $20-25 to fix.[/quote]

I can testify to that. The year before the jersey change, I took my authentic to Koch and asked them to change the name bar and one number.

It turned out perfect--can't tell anything was done. It cost $25 to change. Of course, because they changed the jerseys, I don't wear the fucking thing anymore...but it does look good.

[quote name='LeakyBengal' post='485853' date='May 12 2007, 05:57 PM']no he sucks because people on here hyping him up and he hasnt done shit. stop hyping him. he hasnt done anything yet.[/quote]
Maybe you should stop hyping Odell. Thurman provided plenty of flashes of brilliance in 2005, and he would certainly stand out to a casual fan. Down the stretch, when Odell was needed the most, he was absolutely horrendous. He was never ever where he was supposed to be. The play of a rookie is supposed to get better as the season goes on, Odell's play got much worse.

Guest LeakyBengal
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='485855' date='May 12 2007, 07:26 PM']Yes and Brooks did more than Odell did last year riding the bench. Oh wait he wasnt even allowed in the stadium.
I agree there is a bit of hype surrounding him, but saying he sucks is a bit absurd, he didnt get time because of immaturity and the fact that he came into the fold late. Im not sure I would say he "sucks".[/quote]

who cares. odell proved hes worthy of the hype. thats all i care about. brooks hasnt doesnt deserve te hype he gets.

[quote name='LeakyBengal' post='485859' date='May 12 2007, 07:56 PM']who cares. odell proved hes worthy of the hype. thats all i care about. brooks hasnt doesnt deserve te hype he gets.[/quote]

I agree that Brooks doesnt nessasarly deserve they hype till he does something.

However odell is not worthy of anything if he isnt playing is he?

[quote name='LeakyBengal' post='485853' date='May 12 2007, 06:57 PM']no he sucks because people on here hyping him up and he hasnt done shit. stop hyping him. he hasnt done anything yet.[/quote]

says the guy with leon hall and kenny irons in his sig.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='485870' date='May 12 2007, 08:49 PM']says the guy with leon hall and kenny irons in his sig.[/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

[img]http://www.mcfragsalot.com/lib/images/pwned.gif[/img]

Guest LeakyBengal
[quote name='GoBengals' post='485870' date='May 12 2007, 08:49 PM']says the guy with leon hall and kenny irons in his sig.[/quote]

Kenny Irons is number 22? Who knew?! Here I thought it was Johnathan Joseph.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='485882' date='May 12 2007, 09:47 PM']touche johhny avoid the point, "says the guy with leon hall in his sig" then..
:shakesfist:[/quote]

+ the same guy who said he wanted to buy an Irons Jersey. :whistle:

Guest LeakyBengal

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='485884' date='May 12 2007, 09:55 PM']+ the same guy who said he wanted to buy an Irons Jersey. :whistle:[/quote]

OK? I wasn't aware that wanting to buy a players jersey was hype. Although I have hyped Irons... not to the extent that Brooks has. Myself and another poster hyped Benny last year but not to the magnitude that Brooks is being hyped. Besides. Irons has earned the hype. At least he was a somebody coming out of college.

[quote name='LeakyBengal' post='485901' date='May 12 2007, 10:21 PM']OK? [color="#FF0000"]I wasn't aware that wanting to buy a players jersey was hype.[/color] Although I have hyped Irons... not to the extent that Brooks has. Myself and another poster hyped Benny last year but not to the magnitude that Brooks is being hyped. Besides. Irons has earned the hype. At least he was a somebody coming out of college.[/quote]

Said in a thread about Brooks' jersey.

Iiiiiiirrrrooonnnnnyyyyyy

[quote name='LeakyBengal' post='485901' date='May 12 2007, 10:21 PM']OK? I wasn't aware that wanting to buy a players jersey was hype. Although I have hyped Irons... not to the extent that Brooks has. Myself and another poster hyped Benny last year but not to the magnitude that Brooks is being hyped. Besides. Irons has earned the hype. At least he was a somebody coming out of college.[/quote]
:meatwad:

no one really cares who you hyped or didnt hype, they just want you to not care who they hype. brooks was about the only flash of any talent on the d last real in the LB area, he didnt show much, but he showed SOME skill, many expect a lot more after a year of learning and molding to his role. being excited about a players potential is nothing new around here. they could show tons of promise the year before, (odell, pollack) then get nothing the next, they could show nothing the year before (geathers) then have 10+ sacks.

what they did or didnt do last year and what they did or didnt do in college means nothing today, for any player. what they do tomorrow is all that matters now

Guest LeakyBengal
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='485903' date='May 12 2007, 10:23 PM']Said in a thread about Brooks' jersey.
Iiiiiiirrrrooonnnnnyyyyyy[/quote]

I fail to see the connection.

Guest LeakyBengal

[quote name='GoBengals' post='485904' date='May 12 2007, 10:25 PM']:meatwad:

no one really cares who you hyped or didnt hype, they just want you to not care who they hype. brooks was about the only flash of any talent on the d last real in the LB area, he didnt show much, but he showed SOME skill, many expect a lot more after a year of learning and molding to his role. being excited about a players potential is nothing new around here. they could show tons of promise the year before, (odell, pollack) then get nothing the next, they could show nothing the year before (geathers) then have 10+ sacks.

what they did or didnt do last year and what they did or didnt do in college means nothing today, for any player. what they do tomorrow is all that matters now[/quote]

Rashad Jeanty played one more game than Brooks and doubled his stats. Yet he gets no mention on these forums. I think that is what pisses me off the most. I might buy a number 93 jersey....

[quote name='LeakyBengal' post='485910' date='May 12 2007, 10:30 PM']Rashad Jeanty played one more game than Brooks and doubled his stats. Yet he gets no mention on these forums. I think that is what pisses me off the most. I might buy a number 93 jersey....[/quote]

people mention jeanty pretty often, jeanty was also playing football the previous year and spent more time before the season started, where as brooks was eating cheetos and showed up at camp time and thats it.

its clear you have some personal beef with brooks for some reason. whatever that may be...

[quote name='GoBengals' post='485913' date='May 12 2007, 10:32 PM']people mention jeanty pretty often, jeanty was also playing football the previous year and spent more time before the season started, where as brooks was eating cheetos and showed up at camp time and thats it.

its clear you have some personal beef with brooks for some reason. whatever that may be...[/quote]

Naw I get leaky.

Leaky is the guy who hates on players everyone likes just because everyone likes them.

Guest LeakyBengal
[quote name='GoBengals' post='485913' date='May 12 2007, 10:32 PM']people mention jeanty pretty often, jeanty was also playing football the previous year and spent more time before the season started, where as brooks was eating cheetos and showed up at camp time and thats it.

its clear you have some personal beef with brooks for some reason. whatever that may be...[/quote]

I don't like over hyped vagina's.

I perfer TJ to Chad.
Jeanty to Brooks.
Odell to Pollack.
KK to Williams

and so on and so on.

[quote name='LeakyBengal' post='485916' date='May 12 2007, 10:34 PM']I don't like over hyped vagina's.

I perfer TJ to Chad.
Jeanty to Brooks.
Odell to Pollack.
KK to Williams

and so on and so on.[/quote]

so you drink a lot?

chad > tj
jeaty = brooks
odell > pollack easy
kk < madieu

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='485915' date='May 12 2007, 10:34 PM']Naw I get leaky.

Leaky is the guy who hates on players everyone likes just because everyone likes them.[/quote]

haters,

Guest Tigris
[quote name='LeakyBengal' post='485916' date='May 12 2007, 10:34 PM']I don't like over hyped vagina's.

I perfer TJ to Chad.
Jeanty to Brooks.
Odell to Pollack.
KK to Williams

and so on and so on.[/quote]
boys to girls???

just playing.

brooks hasnt done much in the nfl, true... but has the guy really been given the chance to show everything he has? not quite, i'd say. i think a lot of us are just excited AND opimistic going into the season with brooks (and why not, there's a ton of potential). im forseeing a good season. the guy cant be that bad if marvin has named him the starting mlb already (i know it hasnt been said publicly, but ill take ahmed's word for it - didnt he say that in an interview or something?).

[quote name='rudi32' post='485830' date='May 12 2007, 03:56 PM']mother f^%%$#$%%

go back,..its christmas 2006. I open my gift, its the jersey ive wanted ..brooks, 50, authentic.....nice
now what do i do????

can someone please tell me

the jersey cost $$$$$$ and i checked with one dry cleaners who does alterations in my city, and they said to take off a 0 and add a 5 would ruin the jersy, she said you would see small holes and its really hard to make look correct.
what do I do????[/quote]

Go get a seam stitch remover and take the name off. I have done it many times. Take it to Koch's and put another name on it ------- or put your name on it or better yet----- put NO NAME on it so you can wear it for years to come.

Archived