Best Player in the NBA?

Who is it?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best player in the NBA?

• LeBron James
    • Tim Duncan
    • Kobe Bryant
    • Dirk Nowitzki
    • Dwayne Wade
    • Yao Ming
    • Steve Nash
    • Other - who?

my vote when to steve nash. We all saw in the spurs series when nash was out, the suns were a whole different team. If you had a pole that said best playoff player in the nba i would have to say robert horry, that guy always shows up in the big games.

[quote name='ScarletKnight' post='497586' date='Jun 8 2007, 07:13 AM']Definately Steve Nash, not only can he put up some serious points, but hes also a team player with some if the sickest assists. I may be partial though because the Suns are my favorite team.....[b]DOWN WITH THE SPURS!!![/quote][/b]
Amen to that :thumbsup:

I voted for Kobe, but I'm not sure why. I wish he was more capable of making his teammates better around him, but other than that, I love to watch him play. Nash has certainly seemed to come on strong the past few years, but I haven't really had the chance to see him play much, so I'm having a hard time picking him. LeBron is the guy I'd choose if I could pick one person to start a team with, though. If he's not the best now, it sure looks like he will be soon.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
LBJ, there is no doubt. he just carried a HORRID team to the NBA finals and he is only 22. If you pick anyone else then you are nuts. Steve Nash cant play good defense. Dirk is a joke and Kobe is just a ball hog scorer. LBJ can do it all, has his head in the right place and has shown his ability. Give lebron Odom/Bynum or Jhoward/Jterry/Dampier/Harris and co or Amare and Marion and those teams are MUCH deadlier than having Kobe or Dirk or Nash.

Ive lived in San Antonio during the David Robinson years so Im a casual fan of the NBA at large and the Spurs as well (Robinson went to one of the 4 high schools I attended, before my time however)

You all need to stop the hate, let it go it will be good for you.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='ScarletKnight' post='497586' date='Jun 8 2007, 02:13 AM']Definately Steve Nash, not only can he put up some serious points, but hes also a team player with some if the sickest assists. I may be partial though because the Suns are my favorite team.....DOWN WITH THE SPURS!!![/quote]
Replace Nash with James and Suns wouldnt be early exits every year. Nash cant defend either.

Guest Master Shake
[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='497764' date='Jun 8 2007, 02:06 PM']LBJ, there is no doubt. he just carried a HORRID team to the NBA finals and he is only 22. If you pick anyone else then you are nuts. Steve Nash cant play good defense. Dirk is a joke and Kobe is just a ball hog scorer. LBJ can do it all, has his head in the right place and has shown his ability. Give lebron Odom/Bynum or Jhoward/Jterry/Dampier/Harris and co or Amare and Marion and those teams are MUCH deadlier than having Kobe or Dirk or Nash.[/quote]

Co-sign... if this thread is bumped in 3 years anyone who said anything other than James will look ridiculous (sorry)

[quote name='Master Shake' post='497771' date='Jun 8 2007, 02:13 PM']Co-sign... if this thread is bumped in 3 years anyone who said anything other than James will look ridiculous (sorry)[/quote]

But my question wasn't "who will be the best player in the NBA in 3 years", so that doesn't matter.

[quote name='ScarletKnight' post='497789' date='Jun 8 2007, 02:51 PM']What was Lebron's shooting line last night? Especially in the first half? [color="#FF0000"]If it weren't for David Stern stepping in the Suns wouldn't have had an early exit. [/color]Oh and Dan just told me, don't be sad that the magic got swept in the first round. :1violin:[/quote]

Let it go. The better team won. The Spurs play what a good number of NBA teams know nothing about (espessally the damned Wizards), Defence.

you guys are nuts. Lebron James and steve nash arent even the closest thing to the best player in the NBA. It's a tossup between Kobe Bryant and Tim Duncan and then there are a bunch of guys on the next level...James, Nash, Dirk, McGrady, Wade, etc.

Kobe could score 50 a game if he wanted to on a regular basis and is a good defender. Duncan is the most boring consistant player ever but is constantly 30 pts 15 rebounds.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='497795' date='Jun 8 2007, 02:58 PM']Let it go. The better team won. The Spurs play what a good number of NBA teams know nothing about (espessally the damned Wizards), Defence.[/quote]

If by [b]defense[/b] ( :whistle: ) you mean having Bruce Bowen hack Steve Nash until his calf his completely black and blue, having Robert Horry step in to slam him to the ground, when the Suns turn the tide in the series, or having Manu Ginobili flop on every opposing team's offensive possession to the point where the league is already designing rule changes for next season, before this one is even over, then yes the Spurs play the best "defense" in the NBA.

By the way anyone who thinks LBJ is the best in the NBA is silly. Granted he will be one of the greatest, but he is not there yet. He did carry his team, but in the East. Even Kobe, Mr. Ballhog himself, would have an equal chance at carrying his team to the Finals in the East.

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' post='497802' date='Jun 8 2007, 03:13 PM']If by [b]defense[/b] ( :whistle: ) you mean having Bruce Bowen hack Steve Nash until his calf his completely black and blue, having Robert Horry step in to slam him to the ground, when the Suns turn the tide in the series, or having Manu Ginobili flop on every opposing team's offensive possession to the point where the league is already designing rule changes for next season, before this one is even over, then yes the Spurs play the best "defense" in the NBA.
By the way anyone who thinks LBJ is the best in the NBA is silly. Granted he will be one of the greatest, but he is not there yet. He did carry his team, but in the East. Even Kobe, Mr. Ballhog himself, would have an equal chance at carrying his team to the Finals in the East.[/quote]

[img]http://puffmatic.homestead.com/files/haterade.gif[/img]

:whistle:

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain

[quote name='ScarletKnight' post='497789' date='Jun 8 2007, 02:51 PM']What was Lebron's shooting line last night? Especially in the first half? If it weren't for David Stern stepping in the Suns wouldn't have had an early exit. Oh and Dan just told me, don't be sad that the magic got swept in the first round. :1violin:[/quote]
:rolleyes: im not a magic fan.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' post='497922' date='Jun 8 2007, 09:32 PM']Not after they got swept. :pointlaff:[/quote]
i still cant believe they made the playoffs. i dont have a real team. i just like players. hill, brand, dflight, roy, and others.

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='497973' date='Jun 8 2007, 11:45 PM']i still cant believe they made the playoffs. i dont have a real team. i just like players. hill, brand, dflight, roy, and others.[/quote]

There is talk of Grant Hill coming to the Suns. It better not happen. I don't think his broken down ass could last at the Suns pace for more than five minutes.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' post='498099' date='Jun 9 2007, 03:26 PM']There is talk of Grant Hill coming to the Suns. It better not happen. I don't think his broken down ass could last at the Suns pace for more than five minutes.[/quote]
i wouldnt want to have to see steve nash's ugly ass when trying to see my favorite player grace phx with his presence.

Tonight's game came very close to being the worse in NBA history (point total wise, in my opinion it was the worst). Anyway here are the records:

NBA Finals - fewest points, both teams, game - 145 (SYR vs FTW, 1955)
NBA Finals - fewest points, both teams, 1st half - 63 (NJN vs SAS, 2003)
NBA Finals - fewest points, both teams, 2nd half - 63 (HOU vs NYK, 1994)

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' post='499468' date='Jun 13 2007, 12:22 AM']Tonight's game came very close to being the worse in NBA history (point total wise, in my opinion it was the worst). Anyway here are the records:

NBA Finals - fewest points, both teams, game - 145 (SYR vs FTW, 1955)
NBA Finals - fewest points, both teams, 1st half - 63 (NJN vs SAS, 2003)
NBA Finals - fewest points, both teams, 2nd half - 63 (HOU vs NYK, 1994)[/quote]

I didn't watch the game. Was it good defense or poor shooting?

I can live with a low scoring game if it's because of good defense. I actually like good defense in basketball. If it's poor shooting, that's another story.

Archived