Where to watch?

Hey all,
I just moved to Colorado for business. I was hoping to run into someone here that is from CO and knows where to watch Bengals games. If there isn't, is anyone from CO? Can we start a CO Bengal club and go to a bar somewhere here (Denver area) to watch the games. I'm hoping I don't have to get desperate here. Life would suck if I had to sit at home by myself and watch the games from afar. I am retaining my season tickets and will make it to half of this year's games (sorry folks, brother gets the rest) and hoping to be able to fly to the San Fran game.

Anyone out there?

Thanks,
Tim
WHO-DEY!!!!

[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='504639' date='Jun 26 2007, 04:42 PM']welcome aboard. not sure about the denver thing, but we could party in San Fran. cause thats going to be my road trip game this year, or you could come and tailgate with me and my friends or even a bunch of the guys on this board while your in town :D :headbang:[/quote]

Here is a listing from the official Bengals web site:

[font="verdana"][size=1][color="#000000 size1"][b]DENVER[/b][/color][/size][/font][font="verdana"][size=1][color="#000000 size1"][b]Wyman's #5
2037 E 13th Ave.[/b][/color][/size][/font][font="verdana"][size=1][color="#000000 size1"]Great bar where fans from all over get together to watch their teams on Sunday. Bengals usually get the most fans and the TV volume. [b](submitted by Matt Witulski of Denver)[/b][/color][/size][/font] [font="verdana"][size=1][color="#000000 size1"][b] [/b][/color][/size][/font][font="verdana"][size=1][color="#000000 size1"][b]
Jacksons Sports Bar
1520 20th Street[/b][/color][/size][/font][font="verdana"][size=1][color="#000000 size1"]Lots of Bengals fans and a great deal on food and drinks! [b](submitted by Mike Downey of Denver)[/b][/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='504639' date='Jun 26 2007, 05:42 PM']welcome aboard. not sure about the denver thing, but we could party in San Fran. cause thats going to be my road trip game this year, or you could come and tailgate with me and my friends or even a bunch of the guys on this board while your in town :D :headbang:[/quote]

We'll have to keep in touch on the San Fran thing. I'm pretty certain I'll be going whether it be with one of my agents or with the wife, I want to be there. A quick Southwest flight and I'm there. If I lose touch, try to find me. I'm totally in for some tailgating on the opponents turf. I still feel the pain from OUR Super Bowls.

[quote name='Arkansas Bengal' post='504643' date='Jun 26 2007, 05:57 PM']Here is a listing from the official Bengals web site:

[font="verdana"][size=1][color="#000000 size1"][b]DENVER[/b][/color][/size][/font][font="verdana"][size=1][color="#000000 size1"][b]Wyman's #5
2037 E 13th Ave.[/b][/color][/size][/font][font="verdana"][size=1][color="#000000 size1"]Great bar where fans from all over get together to watch their teams on Sunday. Bengals usually get the most fans and the TV volume. [b](submitted by Matt Witulski of Denver)[/b][/color][/size][/font] [font="verdana"][size=1][color="#000000 size1"][b] [/b][/color][/size][/font][font="verdana"][size=1][color="#000000 size1"][b]
Jacksons Sports Bar
1520 20th Street[/b][/color][/size][/font][font="verdana"][size=1][color="#000000 size1"]Lots of Bengals fans and a great deal on food and drinks! [b](submitted by Mike Downey of Denver)[/b][/color][/size][/font][/quote]

Tremendous help Arkansas, you rock.

Thanks.

[quote name='Brew Crew Grrl' post='504653' date='Jun 26 2007, 06:21 PM']Hope you don't catch Bronco-itis while your out there like a friend of mine did. That some hard crap to get rid of [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/3.gif[/img][/quote]

Hell no. I nearly got a divorce when the Begnals played the Broncos last Christmas Eve. My wife wore a Broncos tee (snuck it under a sweater) during the game as a joke. I nearly left the Christmas gathering because she wouldn't take it off. We weren't really talking too well after Shayne's missed XP. I still contend that it's her fault...

I usually watch the games at Jackson's in Lakewood (6th & Kipling). The food is good, their drink specials aren't bad, and they've got tons of tv's, so finding one with the Bengals game is never a problem. There are usually a few other Bengals fans there as well.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='504749' date='Jun 26 2007, 11:11 PM']near parker at all?[/quote]

Yes actually. I'm in Highlands Ranch. Once our house in KY sells we may be moving to Parker if we can find a house far enough North so as to avoid the stupid tollway.

[quote name='MileHighClub' post='504990' date='Jun 27 2007, 02:11 PM']I usually watch the games at Jackson's in Lakewood (6th & Kipling). The food is good, their drink specials aren't bad, and they've got tons of tv's, so finding one with the Bengals game is never a problem. There are usually a few other Bengals fans there as well.[/quote]

Man, is there anyone I can keep this post in a personal folder so that I can refer to it later when football season is here. No matter where I write this information down, I know I will misplace it at some point and then be asking the same questions again.

[quote name='CO Bengal' post='505600' date='Jun 29 2007, 02:49 AM']Yes actually. I'm in Highlands Ranch. Once our house in KY sells we may be moving to Parker if we can find a house far enough North so as to avoid the stupid tollway.[/quote]
How long have you been there? Do you like it at all so far? There is a one in four chance we could be neighbors in 6 months time....

[quote name='CO Bengal' post='505600' date='Jun 28 2007, 09:49 PM']Yes actually. I'm in Highlands Ranch. Once our house in KY sells we may be moving to Parker if we can find a house far enough North so as to avoid the stupid tollway.[/quote]

i vist there often, my sister lives there, does mortgage work with many of the new subdivision, i love parker, highlands ranch as well, i wish i could move there, actually i wish the bengals would move there so i could, i may be coming out there during the san fran or seattle games, if your looking for a home in a specific area i can have my sister pass along some new developments maybe point you in the right direction.

she lives off lincoln near that animal habitat museum like place... not sure what they do there.

anywho, i love denver, nuggets, the city, the food, the weather, beautiful place!

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='505667' date='Jun 28 2007, 11:46 PM']How long have you been there? Do you like it at all so far? There is a one in four chance we could be neighbors in 6 months time....[/quote]

I might have to try and be your neighbor as I also bleed blue. C-A-T-S CATS CATS CATS.

I do like it. We're looking at Highlands Ranch and Paker the most so far. It's hard to find a house for just two people in CO. I've never seen so many houses built just for families. The two of us don't need 7,000 square foot $600,000 house. Do they build normal sized homes in CO??? I want to live in a nice neighborhood but don't need a mansion.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='505674' date='Jun 28 2007, 11:55 PM']i vist there often, my sister lives there, does mortgage work with many of the new subdivision, i love parker, highlands ranch as well, i wish i could move there, actually i wish the bengals would move there so i could, i may be coming out there during the san fran or seattle games, if your looking for a home in a specific area i can have my sister pass along some new developments maybe point you in the right direction.

she lives off lincoln near that animal habitat museum like place... not sure what they do there.

anywho, i love denver, nuggets, the city, the food, the weather, beautiful place![/quote]

Don't forget the beer. Tons of microbreweries...oh yeah, and a Coyote Ugly...

[quote name='CO Bengal' post='506658' date='Jul 2 2007, 02:22 PM']I might have to try and be your neighbor as I also bleed blue. C-A-T-S CATS CATS CATS.

I do like it. We're looking at Highlands Ranch and Paker the most so far. It's hard to find a house for just two people in CO. I've never seen so many houses built just for families. The two of us don't need 7,000 square foot $600,000 house. Do they build normal sized homes in CO??? I want to live in a nice neighborhood but don't need a mansion.[/quote]
As long as you don't bleed maize and blue :D (hate to break it to you, the UK is my name is b/c I'm living outside of London at the moment, though I have no feelings on the university either way...)

I've been looking at the Stapleton area. It seems to be a really nice community, with shopping, etc within walking distance. After not having a car the last two years, and walking everywhere, I'm hoping to find someplace that would offer a bit of that. I miss my car, but I don't miss sitting in traffic one bit. The only thing I wonder about Stapleton, would be the drive to Highlands Ranch (my wife's co. has an office there). I'm guessing the traffic would be pretty rough @ rush hour.

Anywho, I should have a destination settled on in a few months. If it looks like we're headed your way, I'll be sure to hit you up for some more info.

Don't drink all of the Fat Tire, please. I'd like there to be a few pints left when I get there ;)

[quote name='Arkansas Bengal' post='504643' date='Jun 26 2007, 04:57 PM']Here is a listing from the official Bengals web site:

Jacksons Sports Bar
1520 20th Street[/b][/color][/size][/font][font="verdana"][size=1][color="#000000 size1"]Lots of Bengals fans and a great deal on food and drinks! [b](submitted by Mike Downey of Denver)[/b][/color][/size][/font][/quote]

Are there other cities listed for Bengals' bars? Where do I find that info?

[quote name='Actium' post='506689' date='Jul 2 2007, 12:24 PM']Are there other cities listed for Bengals' bars? Where do I find that info?[/quote]

[url="http://www.bengals.com/fans/bengalsnation.asp"]http://www.bengals.com/fans/bengalsnation.asp[/url]

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='506662' date='Jul 2 2007, 09:48 AM']Don't drink all of the Fat Tire, please. I'd like there to be a few pints left when I get there ;)[/quote]

I was introduced to this by my cousin and her husband the last time I was skiing at Copper Mountain.

Great Stuff.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='506692' date='Jul 2 2007, 11:25 AM'][url="http://www.bengals.com/fans/bengalsnation.asp"]http://www.bengals.com/fans/bengalsnation.asp[/url][/quote]

Thanks. I'll probably submit Griff's--best bar ever

Guest Tigris
[quote name='CO Bengal' post='505602' date='Jun 28 2007, 09:50 PM']Man, is there anyone I can keep this post in a personal folder so that I can refer to it later when football season is here. No matter where I write this information down, I know I will misplace it at some point and then be asking the same questions again.[/quote]
You can add this thread to your favorites... just like you can for any other page. Unless you get a new computer or delete everything, it should always be up there for you to find easily

[quote name='Tigris' post='507109' date='Jul 3 2007, 12:50 PM']You can add this thread to your favorites... just like you can for any other page. Unless you get a new computer or delete everything, it should always be up there for you to find easily[/quote]

Thanks Tigris. I have added it to my favorites. Hopefully I'll meet some folks from here at one of the bars. Don't know anyone in CO yet. I'm in Cincy for the holiday. Any other newbies to CO, hit me up. I hope to have some "hot spots" picked out in due time.

• 2 months later...

Archived