ULTIMATE OWNAGE !!!!!!!

Guest BengalBacker

Guest BengalBacker
Goldman Family Buys Rights to O.J. Book
By KELLI KENNEDY
Associated Press Writer

MIAMI — The family of Ron Goldman has purchased the rights to O.J. Simpson's canceled book, "If I Did It," from a court-appointed bankruptcy trustee in a settlement reached Monday.

The book rights will be held in the name of Ron Goldman LLC, Goldman family attorney David Cook said.

Goldman was slain along with Simpson's ex-wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, in 1994. The former football star has maintained his innocence. He was acquitted of murder, but Goldman's family won a civil wrongful death case against him now totaling more than $33 million.

"Ron Goldman LLC will own Simpson's name, likeness, signature and story and will hawk it to satisfy this terrible judgment. Justice has arrived in Miami," Cook said.

The Goldmans own the copyright, media rights and movie rights. They also acquired Simpson's name, likeness, life story and right of publicity in connection with the book, according to court documents.

The Goldmans want to rename the book "Confessions of a Double Murderer" and plan to shop it around, Cook said.

According to the settlement, the Goldmans must pay the bankruptcy trustee 10 percent of the first $4 million in gross proceeds and a percentage of all proceeds beyond that.

Simpson's lawyer, Yale L. Galanter, said the bankruptcy trustee doesn't have the right to sell anything on behalf of his client.

Last month, U.S. Bankruptcy Judge A. Jay Cristol paved the way for Monday's settlement by upholding the Goldmans' right to their claim. He also ruled that a company started by Simpson's daughter, Arnelle, was set up "to perpetuate fraud."

Lorraine Brooke Associates, which owned the rights to the book, can be considered as belonging to the former football star, Cristol said.

O.J. Simpson's book contract with HarperCollins, and a money trail showing $630,000 transferred from the publisher to Lorraine Brooke and then to Simpson for his expenses, confirm his connection to the company, Cristol said.

Telephone or e-mail messages left for Kendrick Whittle, the attorney for Simpson's daughter, and independent trustee, Drew Dillworth, were not immediately returned Monday night.

Guest ONYX
[color="#FF0000"][b]This is some bullshit !!!!!!!

Oh, the black man isn't allowed the make any money about a book that tells how he could
have committted the murders but......

it's perfectly OK for the white man to make money about a book that tells how the black man
could have committed the murders.

This is some yippie kayay friggle fraggle rockin' bullshit!!!!

Bullshit I tell ya.[/b][/color]

Guest Tigris
[quote name='sneaky' post='507282' date='Jul 3 2007, 11:33 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]This is some bullshit !!!!!!!

Oh, the black man isn't allowed the make any money about a book that tells how he could

it's perfectly OK for the white man to make money about a book that tells how the black man

Bullshit I tell ya.[/b][/color][/quote]

How would you feel if your son, daughter, or wife was murdered? The convicted felon, who you strongly feel did do the deed, gets off completely free and years later comes out with a story about "how I would have killed them if I did". Would that upset you? I'm sure the family was PISSED. I don't think it has anything to do with color at all.

[quote name='ONYX' post='507282' date='Jul 3 2007, 11:33 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]This is some bullshit !!!!!!!

Bullshit I tell ya.[/b][/color][/quote]

Wait is OJ black or white? I forgot which team he went to in the draft? :ninja:

Guest ONYX

[quote name='Tigris' post='507286' date='Jul 3 2007, 11:55 PM']How would you feel if your son, daughter, or wife was murdered? The [b]convicted felon[/b], who you strongly feel did do the deed, gets off completely free and years later comes out with a story about "how I would have killed them if I did". Would that upset you? I'm sure the family was PISSED. I don't think it has anything to do with color at all.[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]OJ was found not guilty. For over a decade now, he has been searching for the killer of his ex-wife and
Ron Goldman at various different golf courses. But because you are so damn racist, you can not see this. :contract: [/b][/color]
:ninja:

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='507287' date='Jul 3 2007, 11:57 PM']Wait is OJ black or white? I forgot which team he went to in the draft? :ninja:[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]OJ was drafted by the North Koreans in the 6th round. -_- [/b][/color]

Personally, I don't give a duck's cunt hair if he did it or not. He was acquitted. That is the end of that debate. As for the book, if they thought it was distasteful for him to put it out then it's equally distasteful for them to put it out. Face it, those greedy fuckers are just trying to make a dime.
MULLY
I would too

Guest ONYX

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='507308' date='Jul 4 2007, 01:35 AM']Personally, I don't give a duck's cunt hair if he did it or not. He was acquitted. That is the end of that debate. As for the book, if they thought it was distasteful for him to put it out then it's equally distasteful for them to put it out. Face it, those greedy fuckers are just trying to make a dime.
MULLY
I would too[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Tabernacle.[/b] [/color] :thumbsup:

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='507308' date='Jul 4 2007, 01:35 AM']Personally, I don't give a duck's cunt hair if he did it or not. He was acquitted. That is the end of that debate.[/quote]

If you were Ron Goldman's dad you probably wouldn't feel that way.

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='507308' date='Jul 4 2007, 01:35 AM']As for the book, if they thought it was distasteful for him to put it out then it's equally distasteful for them to put it out. Face it, those greedy fuckers are just trying to make a dime.
MULLY
I would too[/quote]

Changing the name of it to confessions of a double murderer is brilliant and fucking priceless.

I don't think he's doing this for the money. It wouldn't surprise me to see them donate the money.

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='507312' date='Jul 4 2007, 02:49 PM']If you were Ron Goldman's dad you probably wouldn't feel that way.[/quote]

Yeah, probably so, but I'm not Ron Goldman's dad so again, I don't give a fuck if he did it or not. Doesn't affect my life one bit. I still have to get up and go to work in the morning.

[quote]Changing the name of it to confessions of a double murderer is brilliant and fucking priceless.

I don't think he's doing this for the money. It wouldn't surprise me to see them donate the money.[/quote]

Yeah, we'll see about that one.
MULLY
I don't trust anyone when it comes to money, especially large coinage like that's going to make.

Guest BlackJesus
[font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b]OJ killed Nicole and Ron ....

and Mark Fuhrman was a racist asshole who probably tried to plant evidence.

The two are not mutually exclusive.

= if I was Rons parents I would have hired someone to kill OJ a long time ago. [/b][/size][/font]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='507325' date='Jul 4 2007, 08:38 PM'][font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b]OJ killed Nicole and Ron ....

and Mark Fuhrman was a racist asshole who probably tried to plant evidence.
The two are not mutually exclusive.
= if I was Rons parents I would have hired someone to kill OJ a long time ago. [/b][/size][/font][/quote]

Fair enough.
MULLY

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='507322' date='Jul 4 2007, 03:37 AM']Yeah, probably so, but I'm not Ron Goldman's dad so again, I don't give a fuck if he did it or not. Doesn't affect my life one bit. I still have to get up and go to work in the morning.
Yeah, we'll see about that one.
MULLY
[b]I don't trust anyone when it comes to money, especially large coinage like that's going to make.[/b][/quote]
But see, that's just it. He was found guilty in a wrongful death civil suit because the racist cops botched the criminal case, and because of whom OJ's attorney was.

He hasn't paid a dime to the Goldman's, for whatever reason, and I don't see any enforcement of the civil suit, which was in the millions of dollars. Suing OJ wouldn't bring their son back, but I suppose it was the only way the Goldman's felt like they could hurt OJ back for murdering their son.

This is why this decision to turn OJ's pitiful, despicable attempt to profit from his literally "getting away with murder tell-all book" into a source of income for the Goldmans is so sweet. And ironic.

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='507308' date='Jul 4 2007, 12:35 AM']Personally, I don't give a duck's cunt hair if he did it or not. He was acquitted. That is the end of that debate. As for the book, if they thought it was distasteful for him to put it out then it's equally distasteful for them to put it out. Face it, those greedy fuckers are just trying to make a dime.
MULLY
I would too[/quote]

They purchased the rights so that they can decide it will never be published. They did this to ensure it is dead in the water.

Never mind...I just now read the article.... :whistle:

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='507287' date='Jul 3 2007, 11:57 PM']Wait is OJ black or white? I forgot which team he went to in the draft? :ninja:[/quote]
OJ is Orange...
[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/5a/Oranges_and_orange_juice.jpg/180px-Oranges_and_orange_juice.jpg[/img]

[color="#FF0000"][size=3][b]NWS Coming up.....[/b][/size][/color]

[img]http://blog.fupps.com/wp-content/media/2006/fresh-orange-juice.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Actium' post='507421' date='Jul 5 2007, 01:46 AM']They purchased the rights so that they can decide it will never be published. They did this to ensure it is dead in the water.

Never mind...I just now read the article.... :whistle:[/quote]

Yeah, exactly. If they snatched the rights up to make sure it never got printed I could respect that. Not these fucking bastards though, boy. Bought the rights, the movie rights, rights to use OJ's image. Goldman..........
MULLY

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='507514' date='Jul 4 2007, 02:40 PM']Yeah, exactly. If they snatched the rights up to make sure it never got printed I could respect that. Not these fucking bastards though, boy. Bought the rights, the movie rights, rights to use OJ's image. Goldman..........
MULLY[/quote]
But see, that's just it. He was found guilty in a wrongful death civil suit because the racist cops botched the criminal case, and because of whom OJ's attorney was.

He hasn't paid a dime to the Goldman's, for whatever reason, and I don't see any enforcement of the civil suit, which was in the millions of dollars. Suing OJ wouldn't bring their son back, but I suppose it was the only way the Goldman's felt like they could hurt OJ back for murdering their son.

This is why this decision to turn OJ's pitiful, despicable attempt to profit from his literally "getting away with murder tell-all book" into a source of income for the Goldmans is so sweet. And ironic.

Guest BengalBacker

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='507514' date='Jul 4 2007, 04:40 PM']Not these fucking bastards though, boy.
MULLY[/quote]

The man's son was killed, and everyone in the world knows who did it, yet he got off.

To you he's the fucking bastard and since OJ wasn't found guilty, he's just fucking okey-dokey with you. <_<

Crazy fucking world.

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='507520' date='Jul 5 2007, 06:06 AM']The man's son was killed, and everyone in the world knows who did it, yet he got off.

To you he's the fucking bastard and since OJ wasn't found guilty, he's just fucking okey-dokey with you. <_<
Crazy fucking world.[/quote]

Not once did I say he's okey dokey with me. What I said was that the shit he did or didn't do doesn't affect me one bit so why should I get my panties in a bunch.

As for the families, sure, I have sympathy for them and if they were buying these rights to squash that book I would totally respect that. Bet your sweet ass Daddy Goldman will be driving a 7 series BMW here in no time.
MULLY
and to answer the question under your sig, It's better to be a has been than a never will be. :D

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='507529' date='Jul 4 2007, 03:34 PM']Not once did I say he's okey dokey with me. What I said was that the shit he did or didn't do doesn't affect me one bit so why should I get my panties in a bunch.

As for the families, sure, I have sympathy for them and if they were buying these rights to squash that book I would totally respect that. Bet your sweet ass Daddy Goldman will be driving a 7 series BMW here in no time.
MULLY
and to answer the question under your sig, It's better to be a has been than a never will be. :D[/quote]
If I'm not mistaken, the Goldmans are already pretty well-off, if not rich, already. If they can re-title the book and make money off it just so OJ doesn't, then that's cool.
But OJ needs to pay up for the civil suit he was found guilty of. As far as I can tell, he hasn't paid jack.

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='507529' date='Jul 4 2007, 05:34 PM']Not once did I say he's okey dokey with me. What I said was that the shit he did or didn't do doesn't affect me one bit so why should I get my panties in a bunch.[/quote]

No, what you said was:

[quote]Personally, I don't give a duck's cunt hair if he did it or not. He was acquitted. That is the end of that debate.[/quote]

Archived