Josh Hamilton placed on the DL

CTA513

From John Fays blog:

[quote][b]Hamilton on the DL [/b]

The Reds placed Josh Hamilton on the DL with a sprained right wrist. He's returning to Cincinnati to have an MRI. The cast was removed, and Dr. Tim Kremchek examined the wrist. The move to the DL is retroactive to Saturday.

Hamilton hurt the wrist swinging a bat in the on-deck circle.

"That's it," manager Pete Mackanin said, "no swinging the bat to warm up. It's too dangerous. Just go up there cold."

A player will be added to the roster before the game.[/quote]

[url="http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/redsinsider/2007/07/hamilton-on-dl.asp"]http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/redsi...ilton-on-dl.asp[/url]

Guest WhoDeyForever

That really hurts the team. Hopefully he can return soon. I love Mackanin's quote though :lol:

I'm really starting to like Mackanin.

Guest WhoDeyForever
[quote name='CTA513' post='510113' date='Jul 12 2007, 04:53 PM']According to C. Trent Rosecrans its going to be Chad Moeller that takes Hamiltons spot on the roster.[/quote]
Not surprised. Krivsky thinks its a great idea to have 3 catchers on the roster <_<

[quote name='WhoDeyForever' post='510117' date='Jul 12 2007, 05:01 PM']Not surprised. Krivsky thinks its a great idea to have 3 catchers on the roster <_<[/quote]

As bad a defensive catcher as Valentin is, I don't blame him. Javier is here for his pinch hitting and little else.

I think it was the 15 day DL....he needs more reps as essentially he is a rookie..........
And if you look at him, he came out of the gate hot and cooled off some before the injury at the bat...but his defense, especially his ARM will be noticeably absent in the OF......

[quote name='schotzee' post='513380' date='Jul 20 2007, 09:37 PM']So how long is he out?No sense rushing him back from a standings standpoint,but the pressure less experience for the rest of the year could prove to be invaluable for next year.[/quote]

Reds.com said he was placed on the DL the Saturday before the All-Star game- so he should be eligible to come off of it tomorrow.

Archived