[quote name='Lucid' post='526215' date='Aug 11 2007, 12:54 PM']You sound so confident.. How do you know this?[/quote]

I don't see Henry going to church. Since he is still real young and the league won't allow him to chase skirt then the league will pay. It doesn't matter what team but someone will pay and there is a team out there willing to pay.

[quote name='Jeb' post='526217' date='Aug 11 2007, 12:58 PM']I don't see Henry going to church. Since he is still real young and the league won't allow him to chase skirt then the league will pay. It doesn't matter what team but someone will pay and there is a team out there willing to pay.[/quote]

I guess we will have to disgree as to his value on the market as of right now. Part of it will depend how much his agent believes in his ability to keep himself clean.. He has to think of his pockets as well, and a contract in hand is worth 2 in the bush (sorta speak).

His agent has to feed his family you know :ninja:

[quote name='Jeb' post='526201' date='Aug 11 2007, 12:32 PM']We're still going to pay a lot for him. he's going for the big bucks. [b] Its a selling point his agent has been stressing all this time to keep him in line. [/b] His agent knows his worth and with all that has been done to him by the anal league and fanatical judge. His lightbulb is finally on. Its the millions upon millions he can earn. [b]Its the only thing that makes this hermit lifestyle worth it. [/b]
No, we will pay a lot for him even early now. If we wait it will be even more but we will never get him cheap. The league has seen to that with all the crap that has been heaped on him (deserved or not, Tagliabue wouldn't have done this since its not good for the league).

This new sanitary lifestyle the league demands costs serious jack. Players don't put up with it unless they get paid more. I mean all players and even journeymen. Even misfits will get paid more because a rising tide raises all boats but when Henry's payday comes he won't be classified as a misfit but as an elite who turned it around.

Here's an idea. With all the money coming his way, he can buy a police force to work for him part time for good pay. He'll never have another problem again in that chosen city.[/quote]

so you hang out with Henry on the weekends and he tells you this shit right? Don't assume you know what Henry and his agent are thinking.

[quote]This new sanitary lifestyle the league demands costs serious jack. Players don't put up with it unless they get paid more.[/quote]

That's just some stupid shit right there. Yea, players only put up with not breaking the law if teams pay them more. What a fucking crock.

[quote name='Lucid' post='526220' date='Aug 11 2007, 01:05 PM']I guess we will have to disgree as to his value on the market as of right now. Part of it will depend how much his agent believes in his ability to keep himself clean.. He has to think of his pockets as well, and a contract in hand is worth 2 in the bush (sorta speak).

His agent has to feed his family you know :ninja:[/quote]

Its the law of supply and demand. The No Fun League weeds out undesirables and there is less of a pool of available talent. The price goes up. The joke of it is the price goes up for misfits too.

[quote name='Jeb' post='526222' date='Aug 11 2007, 01:06 PM']Its the law of supply and demand. The No Fun League weeds out undesirables and there is less of a pool of available talent. The price goes up. [b]The joke of it is the price goes up for misfits too.[/b][/quote]

I believe this is flawed logic. The price goes up for clean players who are also talented. At the [b]best[/b] the price for miscreants are not affected. I'm going to bet that the value of someone like Pacman or Henry, who have already been part of the disciplinary program will decrease in [b]guaranteed[/b] money. Why give someone millions of dollars out of pocket who has an elevated chance of being out of the league at any time?

That doesn't make good business sense.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='526221' date='Aug 11 2007, 01:05 PM']so you hang out with Henry on the weekends and he tells you this shit right? Don't assume you know what Henry and his agent are thinking.
That's just some stupid shit right there. Yea, players only put up with not breaking the law if teams pay them more. What a fucking crock.[/quote]

Its not about breaking the law. Its about being young and single and missing time in the nightlife. Its about choosing football over your personal life. It appears he's made the choice and any team that wants him will pay for having to make that choice but that's true of many players in the NFL. Its not just him.

[quote name='Lucid' post='526226' date='Aug 11 2007, 01:11 PM']I believe this is flawed logic. The price goes up for clean players who are also talented. At the [b]best[/b] the price for miscreants are not affected. I'm going to bet that the value of someone like Pacman or Henry, who have already been part of the disciplinary program will decrease in [b]guaranteed[/b] money. Why give someone millions of dollars out of pocket who has an elevated chance of being out of the league at any time?

That doesn't make good business sense.[/quote]

That comment makes sense today but if he stays clean this whole time then your comment no longer applies to Henry when his payday finally rolls around.

[quote name='Jeb' post='526227' date='Aug 11 2007, 01:12 PM']Its not about breaking the law. Its about being young and single and missing time in the nightlife. Its about choosing football over your personal life. It appears he's made the choice and any team that wants him will pay for having to make that choice but that's true of many players in the NFL. Its not just him.[/quote]

Sorry, that's just stupid.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='526232' date='Aug 11 2007, 01:15 PM']Sorry, that's just stupid.[/quote]

Are you married?

Do you remember the picture of Henry with two girls kissing him on either cheek and those "big ol" red eyes and huge grin? Do you want to rethink your comment?

[quote name='Jeb' post='526231' date='Aug 11 2007, 01:14 PM']That comment makes sense today but if he stays clean this whole time then your comment no longer applies to Henry.[/quote]

Not true. He will be 1 strike away form banishment for the rest of his NFL career. There is no statute of limitations. I think he will need to show he can keep his nose clean for more than this season before he will be considered a reasonable risk... I would still bet that any contract he gets will be heavily incentivbe laden for the rest of his career.

It't not that I don't think he can see good money.. But owners are going to be carefull with how much they give up front.

[quote name='Jeb' post='526235' date='Aug 11 2007, 01:19 PM']Are you married?[/quote]

yes, and that's besides the point (I know where you're going to attempt to go with this so don't bother, its flawed).

You're making the assumption that every you male adult is a fuck-up that wants to go out and party every night. That's just stupid logic. Ethan Kilmer, Tab Perry, Keiwan Ratliff, Kenny Irons, and Robert Geathers are all young, single players who manage to stay out of trouble. And none of them run around saying "shit, the Bengals better reward me for being an upstanding citizen".

Chris Henry isn't some single guy obsessed with partying. He made some mistakes and hopefully he's growing up. You honestly think he's expecting to be rewarded for behaving????

You're "logic" is horribly flawed, but I won't expect you to admit that. You never do.

After all, Scott Kooistra is our center of the future right?

[quote name='Lucid' post='526237' date='Aug 11 2007, 01:21 PM']Not true. He will be 1 strike away form banishment for the rest of his NFL career. There is no statute of limitations. I think he will need to show he can keep his nose clean for more than this season before he will be considered a reasonable risk... I would still bet that any contract he gets will be heavily incentivbe laden for the rest of his career.

It't not that I don't think he can see good money.. But owners are going to be carefull with how much they give up front.[/quote]

Yeah, other than maybe Al Davis, I don't see anyone giving Henry a lot of guaranteed money. A lot of teams would pay him a ton in incentives though.

[quote name='Lucid' post='526237' date='Aug 11 2007, 01:21 PM']Not true. He will be 1 strike away form banishment for the rest of his NFL career. There is no statute of limitations. I think he will need to show he can keep his nose clean for more than this season before he will be considered a reasonable risk... I would still bet that any contract he gets will be heavily incentivbe laden for the rest of his career.

It't not that I don't think he can see good money.. But owners are going to be carefull with how much they give up front.[/quote]

The Dolpins would pay good money for him and put up a contract with very favorable terms. If he gets kicked out of the league then they pay nothing on an existing contract but the upfront money is lost.

[quote name='Jeb' post='526241' date='Aug 11 2007, 01:30 PM']The Dolpins would pay good money for him and put up a contract with very favorable terms. [b]If he gets kicked out of the league then they pay nothing on an existing contract but the upfront money is lost.[/b][/quote]

It's precisely this up-front money that is the issue. It's what is most important to owners AND players. It's guaranteed regardless of performance, and becomes dead money if the player is out of the league before the contract is over.

[quote name='Jeb' post='526241' date='Aug 11 2007, 01:30 PM']The Dolpins would pay good money for him and put up a contract with very favorable terms. If he gets kicked out of the league then they pay nothing on an existing contract but the upfront money is lost.[/quote]

and Wayne Huizenga told you this personally right?? :lol:

I disagree with you but is has been a good academic conversation, ...thanks! ;)

I believe the guy with red eyes, big grin, and well loved cheeks will win out in the end!

[quote name='Jeb' post='526250' date='Aug 11 2007, 01:42 PM']Nope nobody told me anything Mrs. Bluto.[/quote]

yep I'm Mrs. Bluto. Ignore the fact that he came on strong at the end of last season and that the coaches say he has had an incredible offseason and is the most improved lineman.

Jeb is still concerned. We surely must be screwed. :mellow:

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='526262' date='Aug 11 2007, 01:54 PM']yep I'm Mrs. Bluto. Ignore the fact that he came on strong at the end of last season and that the coaches say he has had an incredible offseason and is the most improved lineman.
Jeb is still concerned. We surely must be screwed. :mellow:[/quote]

:lol:

Btw, ...lets not talk Kooistra.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='526262' date='Aug 11 2007, 01:54 PM']yep I'm Mrs. Bluto. Ignore the fact that he came on strong at the end of last season and that the coaches say he has had an incredible offseason and is the most improved lineman.
Jeb is still concerned. We surely must be screwed. :mellow:[/quote]

Whats this Mrs. Bluto stuff?? Who's the culprit? They better be ready to back up any negativity they have towards him..... :00000056:

Archived