Bioshock demo out on XBox Live

mongo

[quote name='mongo' post='531438' date='Aug 21 2007, 06:20 PM']Okay. Unlocked the game and played for a few minutes. It's absolutely gorgeous!!! I'm going to wait until after dinner before playing any more though. Playing this kind of creepy game in daylight feels like cheating to me. I need to wait til dark, turn off the lights, crank up the surround sound, and let the game raise the hairs on the back of my neck. :D[/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol:

and i thought i was a nerd :ninja:

[quote name='Tigris' post='531506' date='Aug 21 2007, 09:58 PM']im the complete opposite. i remember playing resident evil 2 for one of the playstations and i COULDNT play it at night because i used to get so freaked out. i STILL dont play games that are scary at night... bioshock didnt scare me though when i played the demo.[/quote]

I just want to start the experience the way the designers intended. :)

[quote]by the way, i got the redeye two days ago and am awaiting a box to send it in. shit. im bored.[/quote]

OUCH! I have the not bored issue. Right now, I'm testing a mod for Source, playing Bioshock, and trying to win Resident Evil 4 before next Tuesday, when the new Metroid comes out.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='531510' date='Aug 21 2007, 10:28 PM']:lol: :lol: :lol:

and i thought i was a nerd :ninja:[/quote]

I'll kick your ass with my sliderule!

Question for those that played the demo: Does the demo let you get far enough into the game to hack anything? I am really impressed with the creativity they put behind the hacking system. I love it. I don't even use all of the machines I hack, but just love the endeavor.

[quote name='mongo' post='531777' date='Aug 22 2007, 03:21 PM']Question for those that played the demo: Does the demo let you get far enough into the game to hack anything? I am really impressed with the creativity they put behind the hacking system. I love it. I don't even use all of the machines I hack, but just love the endeavor.[/quote]
yes, you can hack... though i didnt do it. i just killed everyone in sight

[quote name='Tigris' post='531813' date='Aug 22 2007, 04:11 PM']yes, you can hack... though i didnt do it. i just killed everyone in sight[/quote]

lol. I'm having fun hacking security bots, and getting badguys to chase me back to them. It's a slaughter when the bots cut loose.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='530526' date='Aug 20 2007, 02:26 AM']buy a US one and use power adapter i assume they use component and HDMI there? should be fine eh? order games from here, etc..[/quote]

The video is also different, unfortunately. US = NTSC. UK = PAL. It sucks. Plus I'll be outta here in a few months. Hopefully there will be a price drop or two in the meantime.

My TV has no HDMI. Got a cheapo 32" widescreeen. A good stopgap till I get out of the land of fish and chips.

[quote name='Bengals Fan #9' post='531041' date='Aug 21 2007, 04:17 AM']The Xbox 360 is getting a price cut in Europe this Friday I believe.[/quote]

Thanks for the tip.

• 4 weeks later...
Beat it. Good game. Might have to rent it for a couple weeks to beat it... I seriously played my ass off the past couple of days. Not worth buying... one of those game where you beat it once and it's done. It would be awesome to have an onling version of the game, though.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='532473' date='Aug 23 2007, 04:38 PM']I went out and bought the game today.

It is great.

Madden won't be played for a while...[/quote]

Still playing it? The game us surprisingly longer than I thought. Well, if you explore every room you can it is.

[quote name='staticx682000' post='532513' date='Aug 23 2007, 06:22 PM']Just got it, so far worth the money..[/quote]

Great, isn't it?

[quote name='Jeb' post='559221' date='Sep 29 2007, 06:32 AM']Welcome to the Mr. Bubbles club like the rest of us!

Btw, ...get STALKER if you don't already have it.[/quote]

Stalker? Please elaborate.

[quote name='Tigris' post='559311' date='Sep 29 2007, 01:00 PM']Stalker? Please elaborate.[/quote]

IMO, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is better than Farcry. Bioshock is a really good game and I liked it a lot, especially the graphics, but I don't have that drive to replay it. Even to replay it just to find out what the ending is if you kill the little sisters (I let them all live). I've played STALKER 9-10 times now because the AI offers new things and game twists to you each time you play. That is because with each kill and you inspect the body it gives up a secret (as well as gift items). Not every body but most do. I think I've finally played it out and seen everything the AI could offer. Its a huge AI with a lot of twists and the game offers 3 possible endings. Oh, and I forgot to mention. I played the unpatched original extreme bugged-out version and still wanted to play it more (I heard horror stories about the earlier patches before they finally got it right with the latest patches).

Here's a link to a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. review ...
[url="http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/stalker/review.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=gssummary&tag=summary;review"]http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/stalker/...=summary;review[/url]

[quote name='Tigris' post='559311' date='Sep 29 2007, 01:00 PM']Still playing it? The game us surprisingly longer than I thought. Well, if you explore every room you can it is.[/quote]

Yeah we're playing through again, this time saving all of the little girls. It's been put on the backburner for a while though, since I now have Medal of Honor to play, SKATE, and Halo 3.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='559615' date='Sep 30 2007, 01:40 PM']Yeah we're playing through again, this time saving all of the little girls. It's been put on the backburner for a while though, since I now have Medal of Honor to play, SKATE, and Halo 3.[/quote]
I saved them all the only time through... gives you that achievement for it. One of the better games I have played in a while. I really enjoyed it.

Archived