I dont know. At this point any QB is not going to come in and surplant doug johnson, they would be fighing rowe for his spot, and I dont want to let rowe go. Yes johnson sucks, but at this point he is entrenched as the #2 and any new guy would be way behind the curve coming to be the #2 and wouldnt get the job thus fighting for the #3.

And yes I repeated myself. :lol:

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='537522' date='Aug 31 2007, 06:34 PM']hmm didn't realize he wasn't healthy. Is he still out from his spleen injury?[/quote]
I tried to find the article I'd read the other day, but the headline has been moved...

What I read was that he's got little strength in his throwing arm/side because of the spleen removal surgery. Which sucks, because I actually like the kid, and think he could be a decent QB.

According to NFLN, Atlanta has their eyes on him should he hit the waiver wire...

[url="http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story?id=09000d5d801edb28&template=with-video&confirm=true"]http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story?id=090...mp;confirm=true[/url]

[quote]ATLANTA’S QB IN TAMPA?

As Atlanta prepares to scour the waiver wire for another quarterback, it’s possible the Falcons next quarterback could be on the division-rival Buccaneers roster.

Tampa Bay is well aware of Atlanta’s intentions, too. But it is trying to figure out what is best for its franchise.

Buccaneers quarterbacks Jeff Garcia, Bruce Gradkowski and Luke McCown have roster spots all but locked up. Chris Simms does not.

Simms would be the type of quarterback that would greatly appeal to Atlanta -– if he were a free agent, which Tampa Bay could decide to make him this weekend.

Tampa’s roster decisions this weekend could have a lot to do with what other players it wants to keep at other positions. But Simms will get one more chance Thursday night to prove he is worth keeping. It will be an extended look.

Tampa Bay is planning to play Simms at least a quarter in the preseason finale against the Houston Texans. Simms needs to give the Buccaneers –- or maybe the Falcons –- a reason to believe. This will be his chance.[/quote]

[quote name='turningpoint' post='537536' date='Aug 31 2007, 01:48 PM']Why the fuck don't they IR him?

Shit we IR'd Pollack and pollack is probably in better condition then Simms.[/quote]

We PUPed Pollack (for now) but yeah I agree, I'd IR him too.

[quote name='turningpoint' post='537536' date='Aug 31 2007, 06:48 PM']Why the fuck don't they IR him?

Shit we IR'd Pollack and pollack is probably in better condition then Simms.[/quote]
Damn good question. Where's our resident expert Phatcat with the salary cap implications of such a move [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/39.gif[/img]

[quote]12/23/2006: Signed a two-year, $14.5 million contract extension through 2008. The deal included a $3 million signing bonus and contains $4.5 million in playing-time incentives ($1.5 million-per-season). 2007: $2 million, 2008: $2 million (+ $1 million roster bonus), 2009: Free Agent[/quote]

Archived