Cincinnati #5 in tailgating

[quote][size=5][b]National Tailgating Index [/b][/size]
After analyzing a host of criteria, including stadium parking lots, overall tailgating environment, tailgating-fan enthusiasm and the sales of tailgating accessories like in-car live TV systems and mobile programming, an alliance of tailgating experts has released for the first time the America's Best Football Tailgating Cities Index, a ranking of the “tailgating-friendliness” of the 31 U.S. cities with an NFL team plus NFL-hopeful Los Angeles. And the winners are...

1. Baltimore
2. Denver
3. Houston
4. San Diego
5. Cincinnati

The Index is a joint effort of KVH Industries, the leading manufacturer of live mobile TV systems for cars, RVs and boats; DIRECTV, Inc., the nation's largest digital multichannel television provider and a leading sports and mobile programmer; and a group of tailgating experts who have personally visited and ranked every NFL stadium, including Joe Cahn, a nationally recognized authority on tailgating, and the creators of the “Ultimate Sports Road Trip.”[/quote]

[url="http://www.hightechtailgating.com/NewsFactsFigures/NationalTailgatingIndex/tabid/143/Default.aspx"]http://www.hightechtailgating.com/NewsFact...43/Default.aspx[/url]

They have a map on their site that has cities listed. You move your mouse on them and it
tells you their ranking. The Stealers and Clowns are tied for 18th . . .

I went up there and it is completely crazy. There is a huge parking lot across the tracks (so to speak) that have tons of RVs and stuff. I thought I was at an SEC football game. This was our first Marvin Lewis year, and it was so cold up there I thought that I was going to freeze to death.

Kansas City and New Orleans have basically no tailgating, btw.

Last year when I was at Longworth Hall and I saw 4 of Cincy's finest (aka cops) come through the parking lot on horseback and then one of the officers feed his horse a beer then I knew it was a cool place to tailgate.

The energy at longworth's parking lot is electric. Nothing better imo.

Kind of a strange ranking. Notice they are not ranking the best places to tailgate...this is more of a marketing campaign for a company that sells TV's, etc. Not sure what this has to do with tailgating. Perhaps they could do this with other industries... Like the fast food restaurant with the best sound system. Or maybe the best television monitor found at an airport to list flight schedules.

I suppose the hi-tech nature may contribute to the tailgating experience, although I generally could care less how nice of a television the guy next to me has in the parking lot. I rarely watch the thing anyway.

As much as I love my tailgating experience at the Bengals game, I must admit that any list like this that fails to include Green Bay near the top should automatically be thrown out as laughable. And no...I am not a Packers fan. Just calling them as I see them.

Archived