Stay Classy Penn State

Ben

[quote name='Ben' post='582185' date='Oct 31 2007, 10:18 AM']

Wow... real easy to be a tough guy when you outnumber the guy 300-1.[/quote]
That was classless, I'll agree.

But, I have to ask. What the hell is an OSU fan doing walking into what looked to me like a Penn State frat party before the game... He's just freakin asking for it. College students in those numbers and drinking beer... what did he expect?

Honestly, I'd expect the same if I walked down fraternity row down in Gainesville, or Athens, with my UT stuff on. Athens was very nice though. Even had 15-20 fans come up to us after the game and congratulate us after we beat them. Gainesville on the other hand, is a shit hole. I've even seen, and heard from extremely reliable sources, Florida fans pissing in cups and dropping them down on visiting fans...

Now, that is classless.

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='582221' date='Oct 31 2007, 11:17 AM']That was classless, I'll agree.

But, I have to ask. What the hell is an OSU fan doing walking into what looked to me like a Penn State frat party before the game... He's just freakin asking for it. College students in those numbers and drinking beer... what did he expect?

Honestly, I'd expect the same if I walked down fraternity row down in Gainesville, or Athens, with my UT stuff on. Athens was very nice though. Even had 15-20 fans come up to us after the game and congratulate us after we beat them. Gainesville on the other hand, is a shit hole. I've even seen, and heard from extremely reliable sources, Florida fans pissing in cups and dropping them down on visiting fans...

Now, that is classless.[/quote]

Probably walking from their car/bus to the stadium

SCOREBOARD!!!!

I give that guy credit, I would have fought back on that bitch that ran up on him and then would have gotten my ass kicked by about 50 frat boy douchebags. That was shitty, If I saw ohio state fans doing that I would be ashamed, big time.

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='582221' date='Oct 31 2007, 10:17 AM']That was classless, I'll agree.

Honestly, I'd expect the same if I walked down fraternity row down in Gainesville, or Athens, with my UT stuff on. Athens was very nice though. Even had 15-20 fans come up to us after the game and congratulate us after we beat them. [b]Gainesville on the other hand, is a shit hole. I've even seen, and heard from extremely reliable sources, Florida fans pissing in cups and dropping them down on visiting fans...

Now, that is classless.[/b][/quote]

Wow, usually I have to pay High Priestess Persephone Pain extra for that sort of thing.

:ninja:

[quote][size=5][b]OSU Fan Attacked In YouTube Video Talks To NBC 4[/b][/size]

Thursday, Nov 01, 2007 - 07:30 AM Updated: 08:48 AM

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Video of an Ohio State University student being pelted with beer bottles before the Buckeyes' matchup against Penn State was first blasted across YouTube.com and then pulled from the Web site.

OSU fans might expect to catch a little hassle from the opposition's rowdy fans when traveling to away games, but Ohio State senior Wylie Stemple never expected he would have to dodge verbal threats and airborne beer cans -- more than 8 hours before kickoff, NBC 4's Mike Jackson reported.

There is still a buzz at the Pi Kappa Alpha house after one of its members was at the center of hundreds of Penn State fans at Happy Valley. Stemple and a few friends were invited to a tailgate party at a fraternity house in State College, but didn't stay very long.

"We hadn't really said anything to anybody. We walked in and everyone started booing at us and yelling stuff at us, so we walked over to a couple of guys in charge and when we looked up, that's when the first beer can flew and after that it started raining beer cans everywhere," Stemple said.

Stemple said a few Penn State supporters tried to help the trio escape. He said he was shocked that the incident occurred at a fellow fraternity house, and scary moments returned once the video hit the Internet.

"It brought back a lot of what actually happened. That's my roommate that got hit with the can. We got hurt by it. (It) was kind of upsetting to see that over again," Stemple said.

The video clip has been removed from the Web site because of potential legal action.[/quote]

[url="http://www.nbc4i.com/midwest/cmh/news.apx.-content-articles-CMH-2007-11-01-0004.html"]http://www.nbc4i.com/midwest/cmh/news.apx....11-01-0004.html[/url]

[quote][size=5][b]PSU spokesman: Fan in video was a Pitt student[/b][/size]
BY DANIEL VICTOR / Of The Patriot-News, 10/31/07 4:25 PM EDT
UPDATED: 10/31/07 11:13 PM EDT

It wasn’t the first time a college student has done something stupid, illegal and embarrassing.

Most of the time, however, students don’t choose to post those moments online for the world to see.

After a video showing Ohio State fans being physically and verbally harassed at a Penn State party made the rounds on the Internet, Penn State fans and officials have had to play defense to protect their image.

The incident also has led to the possibility of criminal charges and the suspension of a fraternity.

The 48-second YouTube video opens with booing and shouts of “We Are,” then turns to show two men in Ohio State jerseys and another person walking away from an outdoor fraternity party. More than a dozen objects that appear to be beer cans fly in their direction, a few hitting their targets.

“Get out of here! This is Penn State, [obscenity]!” one person yells.

One person appears to push the two fans toward the exit and throws something at one of them after getting closer, leading the camera operator to gleefully celebrate and tell the pushing person, “You are the man!”

A crowd stands by, joining in a two-word chant that includes “Ohio” and another four-letter word.

It’s a disturbing scene, enough to get other teams’ fans ripping Penn State fans. Meanwhile, Penn State officials and fans widely denounced the actions and expressed shame.

The only thing that would make it more interesting to Penn State fans is if it somehow involved the University of pissburgh, right?

Turns out the star of the video — the person who was “the man” — was a visiting student from Pitt, according to Penn State spokesman Bill Mahon.

And the two Ohio State fans in the video were members of the Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity who had stayed at the frat house in State College the night before without incident, Mahon said.

Both the university and police were inundated with requests to follow up on the matter.

“The public response has been quite tremendous,” said Lt. Dana Leonard of the State College Police Department.

At a minimum, the video shows an example of disorderly conduct, Leonard said. For assault charges to be filed, police would have to contact the victims, which he said had not happened by Wednesday afternoon.

Several anonymous tips about the perpetrators have come in, and “the leads are promising,” he said.

Penn State’s Office of Judicial Affairs has been in contact with the University of pissburgh, according to a Penn State statement last night.

Also, Penn State’s Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life temporarily suspended Pi Kappa Alpha chapter activities until the investigation is complete, the statement said.

The Pi Kappa Alpha International Fraternity said it does not condone the activities in the video and reiterated that with chapter leadership. It has administratively suspended the chapter.

The video was initially posted by someone whose YouTube username matched the AOL Instant Messenger screen name used by Pi Kappa Alpha Vice President Gaetano Sacco, The Daily Collegian reported.

That YouTube account was deleted and the video taken down Tuesday, but someone claiming to be a Penn State fan posted it again.

E-mails to Sacco and fraternity chapter President Brendan Wilson were not returned Wednesday.

At Deadspin.com, a popular sports blog, editor Will Leitch posted the video under the headline: “Penn State fans aren’t particularly sportsmanlike.”

In a phone interview yesterday, Leitch said he hears countless stories from fans of all colleges about bad behavior, but the video was “unusually extreme.”

“It doesn’t show Penn State fans are jerks,” he said. “It just shows every fan base has some real jerks.”[/quote]

[url="http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/centre/article261997.ece"][url="http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/centre/article261997.ece"]http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/centre/article261997.ece[/url][/url]

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='582221' date='Oct 31 2007, 11:17 AM']That was classless, I'll agree.

Now, that is classless.[/quote]
the kids from psu were in the same fraternity as the osu guys and apparently invited guests... so, yea

Archived