Best way for season to end

[quote name='Hint of Snow' post='609006' date='Dec 15 2007, 10:08 AM']3 - 100 yd games for Chad
18 more catches for TJ
Chinny decapitates 3 QB's
Patriots lose to the Giants
Bengals shutout the Browns
Rudi sits
[b]Marvin explains football to us[/b]
Free beer at PBS for last game[/quote]

Marvin siad

"[b]You[/b] wouldn't understand anyway"

[b]YOU[/b]

Was he talking to you personally? Was it in some fan chat room??

No.. He was answering a question from a dipshit reporter. He didn't say "The fans wouldn't understand".. Or "Nobody would understand".. he said "YOU woudn't understand".

Pretty direct if you ask me. The only reason you think he insulted you is because the media spun it that way in order to use you to get back at Marvin for insulting THEM. You should try harder not to swallow the spin from the media.. It makes you a tool.

[quote name='Lucid' post='609014' date='Dec 15 2007, 10:36 AM']Marvin siad

"[b]You[/b] wouldn't understand anyway"

YOU

Was he talking to you personally? Was it in some fan chat room??

No.. He was ansering a question from a dipshit reporter. He didn't say "The fans wouldn't understand".. Or "Nobody would understand".. he said "YOU woudn't understand".

Pretty direct if you ask me. The only reason you think he insulted you is because the media spun it that way in order to use you to get back at Marvin for insulting THEM. You should try harder not to swallow the spin from the media.. It makes you a tool.[/quote]
A little heavy on the insults this morning aren't we? Did I say Marvin insulted me?

I suppose I could reply in kind but I just don't think you are worth it. I hope you get help with your issues (acne, virginity) whatever it may be.

[quote name='Hint of Snow' post='609016' date='Dec 15 2007, 10:41 AM']A little heavy on the insults this morning aren't we? Did I say Marvin insulted me?

I suppose I could reply in kind but I just don't think you are worth it. I hope you get help with your issues (acne, virginity) whatever it may be.[/quote]

How exactly did I insult you? It's not my fault you keep repeating something totally false.

And then you say you won't insult me and the proceed to do so..

Ok.

[b]tool [/b] –noun
1. an implement, esp. one held in the hand, as a hammer, saw, or file, for performing or facilitating mechanical operations.
2. any instrument of manual operation.
3. the cutting or machining part of a lathe, planer, drill, or similar machine.
4. the machine itself; a machine tool.
5. anything used as a means of accomplishing a task or purpose: Education is a tool for success.
[b]6. a person manipulated by another for the latter's own ends; cat's-paw. [/b]
7. the design or ornament impressed upon the cover of a book.

[quote name='Hint of Snow' post='609046' date='Dec 15 2007, 11:33 AM']Please buy a life or a clue[/quote]

Great response.

Sorry you took offense, but It's not my fault you didn't know what the word meant.

And how do I need a clue? What I said was absolutely correct and you know it.

It was you that took offense to my post that was in jest.
Then added insult.
Would you like me post the online dictionary defintion of "jest"?
Would that prove anything other than I can use the internet?

It's your fault that you get so emotionally involved with a message board.

Bored now.

[quote name='Hint of Snow' post='609049' date='Dec 15 2007, 11:45 AM']It was you that took offense to my post that was in jest.
Then added insult.
Would you like me post the online dictionary defintion of "jest"?
Would that prove anything other than I can use the internet?

It's your fault that you get so emotionally involved with a message board.

Bored now.[/quote]

You keep saying I insulted you.. I don't understand how.

All I said is swallowing media spin allows someone to be used for the ends of others. What's so offensive about that?

I tried to ecplain it to you, and then you insult me more.

Oh and by the way.. I have a great life... That's why you only see me on here when I am at work..

Because I have a great job too....

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/3.gif[/img]

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='608653' date='Dec 14 2007, 05:24 PM']No serious Bengals injuries that would hurt next season.[/quote]

I'm with you on that one.. Put Willie on IR let him heal... I'm glad they put Chris Perry on IR... Keep working on the young D-linemen, give Fananae as much PT as possible. Beat the Browns and knock them out of playoff contention (it's only right since they did it to us two years in a row)... But I do hope our team really looks at the way players are being professional and handling their business in the mist of playoff runs... Keep your head, take each team serious and go out and handle your business...

[quote name='Lucid' post='609050' date='Dec 15 2007, 11:47 AM']You keep saying I insulted you.. I don't understand how.

All I said is swallowing media spin allows someone to be used for the ends of others. What's so offensive about that?

I tried to ecplain it to you, and then you insult me more.

Oh and by the way.. I have a great life... That's why you only see me on here when I am at work..

Because I have a great job too....

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/3.gif[/img][/quote]

you just dont get it, his life is perfect, he can bitch about things he doesnt understand, use quotes and situations that never actually happened, and then pretend it was a joke when called out on it.

its a utopia.

PS: i wish marvin would explain football to about 99.9999999999876% of the fans i come in contact with in general in the real world.

as they dont understand any aspect of the game in any fashion, the cap, the roster, the organization, the coaches coordinators and their jobs, players roles, offensive and defensive schemes, the rules of the game, reality vs fiction/tv.

it hurts.

[quote name='dacow' post='609096' date='Dec 15 2007, 02:10 PM']Mikey strokes out and Katie hires a real front office with real scouts. That way we wouldn't have to wait for fairy godmother dust to make us good. :lol:[/quote]

can you list the group os scouts who knew pollack would break his neck, thurman would get PWNED by the not even invented yet rules the new commish made up, as well as henry, and that perry would be hurt for 3 years?

that'd be great.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='609098' date='Dec 15 2007, 02:15 PM']you just dont get it, his life is perfect, he can bitch about things he doesnt understand, use quotes and situations that never actually happened, and then pretend it was a joke when called out on it.

its a utopia.[/quote]

No not Utopia but clearly mores satisfying than the two cranks who blew this out of proportion. I quoted no one, was pretending nothing and created no situations.

I think the joke may be on you.

BTW Go you just wished for the same thing I did (sort of) -_-

[quote name='Hint of Snow' post='609106' date='Dec 15 2007, 02:42 PM']No not Utopia but clearly mores satisfying than the two cranks who blew this out of proportion. I quoted no one, was pretending nothing and created no situations.

I think the joke may be on you.

BTW Go you just wished for the same thing I did (sort of) -_-[/quote]

I'm pretty sure I've read other posts by you referencing Marvins comment, in a way that suggests it was offensive to you. Perhaps I have confused you with someone else.

And I'm not cranky... My freinds would say I'm intense I guess.. It's often unintentional (often not). Sometimes I read my own posts and go. "Whoah, that was a bit sterner than I intended". I think if you were speaking to me in person there would be more of an understanding.

Nevermind... I was right.

[quote]Posted on: Oct 14 2007, 02:31 PM
Now I am completely baffled. Field goal does nothing. It's still a two posession game. You go for it on 4th from your own 35 but not on their 20? [b]You are right Marvin, the fans will never understand.[/b][/quote]

And just an example of how your dislike for Marvin obviously clouds your judgement.

[quote]Posted on: Dec 8 2007, 07:31 AM
I don't think Marvin is smarter than a fitfh grader[/quote]

[quote name='Lucid' post='609113' date='Dec 15 2007, 02:54 PM']I'm pretty sure I've read other posts by you referencing Marvins comment, in a way that suggests it was offensive to you. Perhaps I have confused you with someone else.

And I'm not cranky... My freinds would say I'm intense I guess.. It's often unintentional (often not). Sometimes I read my own posts and go. "Whoah, that was a bit sterner than I intended". I think if you were speaking to me in person there would be more of an understanding.[/quote]
Fair enough and probably right

[quote name='GoBengals' post='609099' date='Dec 15 2007, 02:16 PM']can you list the group os scouts who knew pollack would break his neck, thurman would get PWNED by the not even invented yet rules the new commish made up, as well as henry, and that perry would be hurt for 3 years?

that'd be great.[/quote]

I can name the scout (as in singular) that they have had for 17 years and one winning season. Other teams have 12-20 souts and we have one. Those other teams must just want to throw money around to these scouts for no good reason. Of course those other teams are just lucky, they go to the playoffs all the time. Check this article out from a few years ago:

The chain of command - on just the football side - essentially runs like this, although duties are often shared:

Mike Brown is the president, general manager and grand poobah. His is the last word on every major franchise decision, just as his father's was. He has done a little bit of everything with ero scouting department.

Paul H.s vice president. He assists Pete with scouting and handles contract negotiations for middle and late-round draft picks and works with Katie on higher-round picks.

Troy Blackburn, Katie's husband, is director of stadium development. His responsibilities are mainly tied to the new Paul Brown Stadium, but he was a part of the Smith negotiations and has represented the club in talks with undrafted college free agents.

Jim Lippincott is director of pro/college personnel. He scouts other NFL clubs and colleges and handles contract negotiations. He reports to Pete and Mike.

Duke Tobin works in the scouting department with Lippincott and is the only full-time scout.

Frank Smouse, who had Lippincott's job, is retired, but still has a desk at Spinney Field and consults for the scouting department.

Earl Biederman is a part-time scout based near Cleveland. He reports to Lippincott or Pete.

The assistant coaches scout players from season's end to the NFL draft in April.

The Bengals' scouting department - not counting the coaches - is the NFL's smallest. The pissburgh Steelers, a team with a similar market size and family ownership (the Rooneys), have a non-family voice running the football side, director of football operations Tom Donahoe. The Steelers have supervisors for pro and college personnel and five scouts who report to Donahoe.

''I know there are people in pro football, people in scouting, who hope we lose,'' said Lippincott. ''Because if we start winning, other clubs are going to do things just like us (with a smaller scouting department).''

The lack of numbers and use of the coaching staff are the biggest differences between Cincinnati and the rest of the league. So the Bengals are an easy target when the likes of David Klingler, Ki-Jana Carter and Freddie Childress become draft busts.

''A team such as the Steelers, they've got the pro personnel staff and a college scouting staff,'' says an NFL agent who asked not to be identified. ''There's a pro personnel guy scouting the preseason preparing for free agency, preparing for guys who are released. So they know what's on the market. If Club A has been scouting the preseason games and they need a punter, they've seen a bunch of guys in person who've punted.

''Other teams have the college scouting guys on the road now, and they're in there watching films and watching practices, talking to trainers about injury issues. Bengals coaches don't start out on the road until after the season's over. They're four, six months behind.''

But Mike Brown insists the brain trust is quick to catch up.

''I don't know that we have so much less than all teams. We have fewer than most,'' he says. ''I don't know that that's bad. We know who the players are. We know who the players are at the time of the draft.''

The Bengals can just as easily point to some of their successful picks, such as Carl Pickens, Corey Dillon and Darnay Scott, who fell to the second round but became impact performers.

''I think, considering the amount of money they spend on scouting, they've done a remarkable job,'' says Joel Buchsbaum, the draft guru with Pro Football Weekly magazine, claiming the Bengals' scouting department is the most poorly funded in the NFL. ''But I still think it hurts them because I don't think they have the inner knowledge of all the players they draft that other teams have.''

GOT THAT??? THEY DON'T HAVE THE INNER KNOWLEDGE OTHER TEAMS HAVE. THURMANS AND HENRYS ARE THE RESULT. THIS TEAM IS ROTTEN FROM THE TOP DOWN. ITS REALLY NOT EVEN DEBATEABLE.

[quote name='dacow' post='609133' date='Dec 15 2007, 03:12 PM']I can name the scout (as in singular) that they have had for 17 years and one winning season. Other teams have 12-20 souts and we have one. Those other teams must just want to throw money around to these scouts for no good reason. Of course those other teams are just lucky, they go to the playoffs all the time.[/quote]

and there are several teams with many more scouts who have had worse seasons.

its a worthless point, the team went 11-5 and won the division with the same scouting department.

you gota list of how many scouts each team has?

id like to see the rams, dolphins, ravens, chiefs, raiders, eagles, bears, 49ers, and falcons teams have....

must be 0-1 by looking at their records?

afterall scouts cant predict the future of injuries and prison sentences of players. its what scouts do.

rams, dolphins, ravens, chiefs, raiders, eagles, bears, 49ers, and falcons teams have....

These teams have all sucked the last 19 years, haven't they?? How many Super Bowl appearances for them the last 19? As far as prison sentences, I beg to differ. That was the point of the article. If you scout really well, you know these ticking timebombs. Many teams leave em alone. We say, what the hell?

[quote name='dacow' post='609150' date='Dec 15 2007, 03:49 PM']rams, dolphins, ravens, chiefs, raiders, eagles, bears, 49ers, and falcons teams have....

These teams have all sucked the last 19 years, haven't they?? How many Super Bowl appearances for them the last 19? As far as prison sentences, I beg to differ. That was the point of the article. If you scout really well, you know these ticking timebombs. Many teams leave em alone. We say, what the hell?[/quote]

yes, but those timebombs got a few $20,000 fines and pats on the ass under paul Tags, no one could know goodell would be giving 2 year suspensions for a single DUI. or 8 games for shit thats laready been punished, etc.

i guess the chargers scouts suck cause they had more arrests than we did that year. tho they werent made an example of.

this is all common sense. why is it so confusing to you?

[quote name='GoBengals' post='609153' date='Dec 15 2007, 03:53 PM']yes, but those timebombs got a few $20,000 fines and pats on the ass under paul Tags, no one could know goodell would be giving 2 year suspensions for a single DUI. or 8 games for shit thats laready been punished, etc.

i guess the chargers scouts suck cause they had more arrests than we did that year. tho they werent made an example of.

this is all common sense. why is it so confusing to you?[/quote]

Common sense tells me that an organization that hasn't won a playoff game in 17 years in the NFL is doing something wrong. The only constant has been the front office. Common sense tells me thats the problem. Why is this so confusing to you?

[quote name='dacow' post='609185' date='Dec 15 2007, 04:45 PM']Common sense tells me that an organization that hasn't won a playoff game in 17 years in the NFL is doing something wrong. The only constant has been the front office. Common sense tells me thats the problem. Why is this so confusing to you?[/quote]

Maybe it had something to do with the fact that none of the coaches we have had since Wyche is employed in the NFL anymore (except Lebeau).

We HAVE made many changes since that record you are speaking of. How can you keep including that past in the scenario when the organization pretty much overhauled itself when ML took over.

Give them some time to continue to improve and make changes before you jump to any conclusions. As bad as this season has been, it has still been nothing like the 90's.

If we are still teh suck next year, then maybe it will be time to start clamoring for major change again.

"We HAVE made many changes since that record you are speaking of. How can you keep including that past in the scenario when the organization pretty much overhauled itself when ML took over."

Mikey says we have a three headed GM, Him, katie and Troy and that Marvin "has a say" in personnel decisions. Its the same talent evaluators on board and the same guy who ultimately has final say. The others who also have "a say" have changed, with the same results. In order to build a franchise that can make a decade kind of run, the real talent evaluators and the one who has final say simply has to change. How could anyone really think otherwise? Its only been 17 years. How much time to you want to give him?? 40?

[quote name='dacow' post='609212' date='Dec 15 2007, 05:46 PM']"We HAVE made many changes since that record you are speaking of. How can you keep including that past in the scenario when the organization pretty much overhauled itself when ML took over."

[b]Mikey says we have a three headed GM, Him, katie and Troy and that Marvin "has a say"[/b] in personnel decisions. Its the same talent evaluators on board and the same guy who ultimately has final say. The others who also have "a say" have changed, with the same results. In order to build a franchise that can make a decade kind of run, the real talent evaluators and the one who has final say simply has to change. How could anyone really think otherwise? Its only been 17 years. How much time to you want to give him?? 40?[/quote]

Could you please show me that quote..

Methinks you talk out your ass.

And I dispute your notion we have a deficit in talent.. I see a much more talented team than I did during the dark ages... If ONLY we had the excuse of injuries then.

[quote name='Lucid' post='609238' date='Dec 15 2007, 08:29 PM']Could you please show me that quote..

Methinks you talk out your ass.

And I dispute your notion we have a deficit in talent.. I see a much more talented team than I did during the dark ages... If ONLY we had the excuse of injuries then.[/quote]

I'm not so sure the team is much more talented now than then. Carson is obviously better and Levi is better than any LTs we had then. I like our current CBs better too. On the other hand the defense was generally better then than now so maybe they were just better coached then. The running game was pretty strong then, moreso than this season at least. Pickens, Scott, and McGee don't have to take a back seat to Chad and TJ. Holman was a better TE than Kelley. Graham is miles better than the kickers of 10 years ago.

Archived