Terry Schiavo

Guest bengalrick

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='Ben' date='Mar 30 2005, 10:51 AM']Hmm...  Apparently the taxpayers are paying for her diapers to be changed then.

Why the hell didnt he just take the $1m that one chick was offering him to hand over rights to the parents. 

Another question:  Maybe this has been answered.  How would the divorce process work in a case like this?  Its not like Terri can sign off any documents.  Since he is her guardian, would he sign for both?
[right][post="69500"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

He has ALL of her rights....why take a measily $1 million
whe he will get at least that much for just the book ?

[quote name='oldschooler' date='Mar 30 2005, 01:05 PM']He has ALL of her rights....why take a measily $1 million
whe he will get at least that much for just the book ?
[right][post="69511"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

And you know that book will be on shelves quickly and off of them just as quickly once she passes.

All I know is that the 3 ring circus has nothing to do with Terri and more to do with agendas. You have medical opinions coming from questionable sources [url="http://mediamatters.org/items/200503220002"]Dr. William Hammesfahr[/url], who is closely linked to the extreme Christian Right. Then there is [url="http://mediamatters.org/items/200503220001"]Randall Terry[/url], an anti-abortion activist who has been linked to people who have killed doctors at abortion clinics. Lastly, Rev. Jesse Jackson who is an opportunist if there has ever been one. He has never been one to turn down a photo-op. If Jerry Falwell wasn't in the hospital I'm sure he'd be more involved.

You know, it is kind of funny how many liberals are arguing that the federal government should stay out of the Terri Schiavo situation. Liberals tend to favor big government, federal government run health care, among others.

I wonder how many of the liberals who think the feds should not get involved would be screaming if the federal government decided to leave abortion up to each individual state?

Also, constitutionally, Congress DOES have the right to intercede on the courts.

Look it up.

[quote]You know, it is kind of funny how many liberals([b]Conservatives[/b]) are arguing that the federal government should ([b]Not[/b])stay out of the Terri Schiavo situation.  Liberals([b]Conservatives[/b] tend to favor big([b]State[/b]) government, federal([b]State[/b]) government run health care, among others.

I wonder how many of the liberals([b]Conservatives[/b]) who think the feds should  get involved would be screaming if the federal government decided to leave abortion([b]Gay Marriage[/b]) up to each individual state?
[right][post="69613"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Its not just Liberals arguing against federal involvment.

Guest bengalrick
what i don't get is why doesn't the congress have the right to step in... our gov't is based on the seperation of powers, but more importantly, checks and balances...

if congress can't step in when they feel they must, or overrule rulings, how is that checking anything? hell, the way they jumped in didn't even put power into the congresses hand's... it just allowed the supreme court to hear the case (which they declined to do)

the people that make the most important decisions that we face, are not elected but appointed, and have an endless term... they are there until they die or step down... i would be alot more comfortable if they had a cap of say 8 years as a supreme court official..

[quote name='Ben' date='Mar 30 2005, 03:07 PM']Its not just Liberals arguing against federal involvment.
[right][post="69616"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

True, there are conservatives arguing against federal involvement, but that IS a conservative viewpoint. It is NOT typically a liberal viewpoint. So it is more unusual that liberals want the federal government out than it is the conservatives. That was my point.

[quote name='Ben' date='Mar 30 2005, 03:07 PM']Its not just Liberals arguing against federal involvment.
[right][post="69616"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/41.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/41.gif[/img]

Guest bengalrick
its not a political issue imo... if Jesse Jackson and Sean Hannity agree on ANYTHING, its obviously not a political issue...

it breaks all those lines down, b/c its a moral issue...

[quote name='jza10304' date='Mar 30 2005, 04:10 PM'] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/41.gif[/img]   [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/41.gif[/img]
[right][post="69653"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

See above. It is a conservative view normally for minimal federal government involvement. It is NOT typically a liberal viewpoint.

Funny how libs dodge the point when their hypocrisy is pointed out.

[quote name='Jason' date='Mar 30 2005, 04:42 PM']See above.  It is a conservative view normally for minimal federal government involvement.  It is NOT typically a liberal viewpoint.

[right][post="69665"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I think it is just as bad to label people and dismiss their opinions based on that.

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' date='Mar 30 2005, 03:47 PM']I think it is just as bad to label people and dismiss their opinions based on that.
[right][post="69670"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

But its so much easier that way!

[quote name='Jason' date='Mar 30 2005, 03:42 PM']See above.  It is a conservative view normally for minimal federal government involvement.  It is NOT typically a liberal viewpoint.

[right][post="69665"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

In that train of thought, The necon's are being a bunch of hypocrits by trying to impose the federal government here.

[img]http://www.christian-teachers.org.uk/digest/images/How-not-to-be-a-hypocrite.jpg[/img]
*no idea what this book is about, came up in image search.

[quote name='Ben' date='Mar 30 2005, 04:57 PM']But its so much easier that way!
[right][post="69675"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

Yeah it is, but I like when people stick to the issues as opposed to pointing out whether the person is a liberal or conservative. I think that is one of the major problems with politicians in the two-party system (meaning I think more parties that are all about equally effective would be better).

BTW Ben how is WoW going.

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' date='Mar 30 2005, 04:47 PM']I think it is just as bad to label people and dismiss their opinions based on that.
[right][post="69670"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I'm not dismissing anyones views. I just find it ironic that "Big Government" Liberals are suddenly calling the feds to stay out of it, and when it's pointed out, they dodge the question.

I would just like for one liberal to tell me why it is ok for the Federal government to be in charge of so much, but when it comes to saving an innocent life, they think it is interference.

But I doubt any of them will come out and tell me.

Although, I will give credit to a few liberals who have come out for Terri.

[quote name='Jason' date='Mar 30 2005, 10:17 PM']I'm not dismissing anyones views.  I just find it ironic that "Big Government" Liberals are suddenly calling the feds to stay out of it, and when it's pointed out, they dodge the question.

I would just like for one liberal to tell me why it is ok for the Federal government to be in charge of so much, but when it comes to saving an innocent life, they think it is interference.

But I doubt any of them will come out and tell me.

Although, I will give credit to a few liberals who have come out for Terri.
[right][post="69793"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I would ask the same of "Non Interferance" Republicans that are defending the state's right to get involved.

I really dont see this as a Republican vs Democrat issue.

Maybee a right to life vs. rights of individual/caretaker choice.... almost a adult abortion if you will...

I do see the states right to get involved as they have been paying for the care of her and her conditon hasnt really improved in 15 years so there is a burdan on the state. IE: No state can take care of every citizen for 15 years if every citizen however unlikely would be in the same state she is in. However as I said before, if her cognitative part of her brain is functional and her parents are willing to foot the bill, then by all means let them.

Guest BengalsOwn
[quote name='Ben' date='Mar 30 2005, 11:23 PM']Anyone see southpark tonight?
[right][post="69813"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Not yet, but I will here in a few hours when I get home from work.

Was it good?

[quote name='Ben' date='Mar 31 2005, 12:23 AM']Anyone see southpark tonight?
[right][post="69813"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I watched it ..... damn those guys have some balls. Very funny episode. The thing that I was most amazed with is how they incorporated Terry Schiavo with the PSP all in one episode. That takes talent to effectively incorporate both of those topics together.

Guest oldschooler
Terri Schiavo Has Died
March 31, 2005, 08:55 AM CST

PINELLAS PARK, Fla. (AP) - An adviser to the parents of Terri Schiavo says she has died. The death is confirmed by an attorney for her husband, Michael Schiavo.

Word of the death came shortly after the parents, through their adviser, asked that they be allowed to be at her bedside when she died.

It was nearly two weeks ago that the brain-damaged woman was disconnected from the feeding tube that had kept her alive for years. Even after that, her parents continued their desperate legal battle to have the tube re-attached.

[url="http://www.wric.com/Global/story.asp?S=3148709&nav=0RcxY7Rl"]http://www.wric.com/Global/story.asp?S=3148709&nav=0RcxY7Rl[/url]

Guest bengalrick
:(

she's in a better place... but this case was and will be much more than about one person... if you are disabled, beware.

i'm not joking either... anyone hear the audio tape last night and this morning on fox... she knew what we were doing to her...

Archived