1st Mock for 2008

[quote name='Quaker' post='640883' date='Mar 6 2008, 11:48 AM'][i]Round 1:[/i] [b]Kenny Philips[/b] - Safety - Miami

[i]Round 2:[/i] [b]Pat Sims[/b] - Defensive Tackle - Auburn

[i]Round 3:[/i] [b]Tashard Choice[/b] - Running Back - Georgia Tech[/quote]

I like all but the first pick......Kenny Phillips is a big reach at 9.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='640892' date='Mar 6 2008, 11:56 AM']how is a linebacker not in the mix?[/quote]
Lots of holes, not enough draft picks and if the team suddenly got Pollack and Thurman back, then there wouldn't be much need for a LB then.

[quote name='Quaker' post='640902' date='Mar 6 2008, 12:13 PM']Lots of holes, not enough draft picks and if the team suddenly got Pollack and Thurman back, then there wouldn't be much need for a LB then.[/quote]

Pollack isn't gonna be a 4-3 backer though.

I don't think its as big of a need as some, but we do need to pick up one even if odell is back. I think we're set at SLB and MLB provided everyone is healthy, I'd like to see us pick up a WLB at some point so that odell has backup, or that odell doesn't necessarily have to start right away. Keith Rivers in the 1st would solve all that.

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='640901' date='Mar 6 2008, 12:10 PM']I like all but the first pick......Kenny Phillips is a big reach at 9.[/quote]
That and we don't need another young safety. White and Ndukwe are the future, we need a vet in case White's not ready yet.

Archived