Perry hopeful

[quote name='claptonrocks' post='644703' date='Mar 20 2008, 09:18 AM']Chris Perry was the first pick of the Bengals in 2004....
They had five year contracts then...dont know if agents are signing them anymore..
This is his fifth season with the team.....[/quote]
I *thought* I'd read where any season where he didn't play at all (like '07) did not count as a year served toward his contract. I honestly have no idea if this is correct, just repeating what I thought I'd heard (and hoping someone else knows for sure...)

[quote name='KangarWhoDey' post='644714' date='Mar 19 2008, 05:55 PM']I *thought* I'd read where any season where he didn't play at all (like '07) did not count as a year served toward his contract. I honestly have no idea if this is correct, just repeating what I thought I'd heard (and hoping someone else knows for sure...)[/quote]

That's not correct.

[quote name='KangarWhoDey' post='644714' date='Mar 19 2008, 06:55 PM']I *thought* I'd read where any season where he didn't play at all (like '07) did not count as a year served toward his contract. I honestly have no idea if this is correct, just repeating what I thought I'd heard (and hoping someone else knows for sure...)[/quote]

thats only if he's suspended for the year, not if he's just injured.

i.e., provided he doesn't win his EEOC case, Odell's 2 years that he missed won't count on his contract.

[quote name='KangarWhoDey' post='644719' date='Mar 19 2008, 06:02 PM']Thanks, Own. I should have known it was too good to be true.[/quote]

No problem. That'd be like punishing the player for being injured.

The team still pays the player the same amount during the season they are on IR for the duration, minus any performance escalators obviously.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='644737' date='Mar 20 2008, 10:47 AM']thats only if he's suspended for the year, not if he's just injured.

i.e., provided he doesn't win his EEOC case, Odell's 2 years that he missed won't count on his contract.[/quote]
That's what I was thinking of.... Odell, not Perry.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='644738' date='Mar 20 2008, 10:48 AM']No problem. That'd be like punishing the player for being injured.

The team still pays the player the same amount during the season they are on IR for the duration, minus any performance escalators obviously.[/quote]
That makes more sense...

Archived