Obama Smokes cigarettes

WhoDeyThink

Congrats on quitting, Old. 30 years? If I'm not mistaken you are younger than me, or just about my age, and I'm 40. I started smoking when I was 12 so I have 28 years under my belt. I'm planning on dropping the habit on January 1st. Cold turkey, baby!! I'm fairly certain I can do it. I've been smoking a long time but I'm not a real heavy smoker. I smoke less than a pack a day or just about a pack. I don't smoke in my house, and I'm lazy, so when I get home at night after work I might, and I stress the word might, go out for one but for the most part I hardly ever go out to smoke in the evenings. I'm pretty sure I can quit.
MULLY

[quote]As far as Obama smoking, if I can quit, ANYONE can. Seriously.[/quote]

Amen to that.

I quit about 3 years ago after 16 years or so. The nicotine lozenges are what did the trick for me.

It took almost 2 years for me to stop dreaming of smoking...

[quote name='oldschooler' post='733585' date='Dec 18 2008, 07:17 PM']I quit smoking a little over 4 weeks ago.

I had been smoking for about 30 years. (yeah, I started at a VERY young age).

I never thought I would ever quit. Hell, it use to piss me off when someone mentioned it.
But I lost a few family members recently, and it got me to thinking. Plus, the damn things
are just too damn expensive. Seriously, they should have problems giving them away,
much less charging $5+ a pack.

Anyway, if anyone is thinking about quitting, I reccomend these pills called Chantix.
They are the shit. I still get strong urges to smoke every once in awhile. But I think
it is mostly out of habit and boredom.

I still think business owners should be allowed to say if they won`t to allow smoking or not.
And other smokers/business owners rights . . .

As far as Obama smoking, if I can quit, ANYONE can. Seriously.[/quote]

No wonder you've been so damn cranky. :)

just kidding of course. Congrats.

Archived