Obama Smokes cigarettes

WhoDeyThink

[quote name='WhoDeyThink' post='731106' date='Dec 9 2008, 12:45 PM']Which are slim.

The smoking doesn't supprise you?[/quote]

i thought he quit at the start of the campaign or something?

[img]http://www.adrants.com/images/obama_smoke-thumb.jpg[/img]

[quote name='WhoDeyThink' post='731106' date='Dec 9 2008, 12:45 PM']Which are slim.

The smoking doesn't supprise you?[/quote]

It did kind of surprise me, but when I find out anyone smokes, it surprises me. When you are not a smoker, you assume nobody else is.

[quote name='Scoutforlife591' post='731182' date='Dec 9 2008, 05:12 PM']This is a good thing actually. People have vices. At least his seems to be internalized, and relatively harmless. ([b]As opposed to Clinton who internalized himself into other people[/b].)[/quote]

:lmao: Bravo!

[quote name='Scoutforlife591' post='731182' date='Dec 10 2008, 07:12 AM']This is a good thing actually. People have vices. At least his seems to be internalized, and relatively harmless. (As opposed to Clinton who internalized himself into other people.)[/quote]

I hate how people get bent over the President being human like the rest of us. Who gives a flying fuck who Clinton was sticking his knob in? Who he's having sex with has no bearing whatsoever on taking care of business. As for Obama smoking, again, who gives a fuck?!? It has nothing whatsoever to do with his ability to run the country.
MULLY

[quote name='steggyD' post='732604' date='Dec 14 2008, 09:39 PM']I care. Especially since he is looked up to by so many and viewed as a leader. It's a bad influence upon all the young ones who are told to look up to him by their teachers. I don't expect those without children to understand.[/quote]

Guess that means FDR was unfit for Office, eh?

lol @ a cigarette smoker being a "bad influence"

My mom has smoked all my life, I despise cigarettes. I have never understood the connection parents make between their kid seeing or hearing about something to assuming that that means they are going to do it, because of that. In my life experience, I just don't think that's the case.

FDR served in a different time. I have seen too many people die from cancer from smoking, all at young ages. I find anyone to smoke to be a bad influence, especially people with children. And I'm not sorry if I offend anyone.

And living with someone that smokes may be different than someone you only see on the television. One doesn't have to smell Obama's stench of cigarette smoke, they only see the "charismatic" man. Look, this is the guy who wants to bring on this air of representing a new country, and I don't think smoke should be one of those things.

I'm not saying he's unfit for office (at least for smoking), I just think he should really quit, or at least put on the public face that he has quit smoking completely.

[quote name='steggyD' post='732638' date='Dec 15 2008, 12:10 AM']FDR served in a different time. I have seen too many people die from cancer from smoking, all at young ages. I find anyone to smoke to be a bad influence, especially people with children. And I'm not sorry if I offend anyone.

And living with someone that smokes may be different than someone you only see on the television. One doesn't have to smell Obama's stench of cigarette smoke, they only see the "charismatic" man. Look, this is the guy who wants to bring on this air of representing a new country, and I don't think smoke should be one of those things.

I'm not saying he's unfit for office (at least for smoking), I just think he should really quit, or at least put on the public face that he has quit smoking completely.[/quote]

And if a President\athlete\"role model" [i]causes[/i] your kids to smoke, you're a fucking failure as a parent.

And no one aside from [b]you[/b] gives a shit about [b]your[/b] kids...

I don't think an athlete is along the same level as a President. An athlete is a person with strength and athletic skills, there to entertain us. A president is there to lead us, lead being the keyword. We are supposed to look up to them and follow their advice, once again, especially with the messianic attitude given towards Obama.

And no matter how good of a parent one thinks one is, kids will always look outside of their parents for role models. It's a sad truth, not a grade on parents. Kids will eventually look for independance from their parents.

[quote name='Elflocko' post='732640' date='Dec 15 2008, 12:23 AM']And if a President\athlete\"role model" [i]causes[/i] your kids to smoke, you're a fucking failure as a parent.

And no one aside from [b]you[/b] gives a shit about [b]your[/b] kids...[/quote]

Word

And Obama smoking hasn't exactly been publicized much, he didn't stop the debates for a smoke break or anything. Somehow I doubt there are many children out there that know Obama smokes, assuming they even know who he is.

[quote name='Elflocko' post='732640' date='Dec 15 2008, 12:23 AM']And if a President\athlete\"role model" [i]causes[/i] your kids to smoke, you're a fucking failure as a parent.

And no one aside from [b]you[/b] gives a shit about [b]your[/b] kids...[/quote]

x10000000000000000000000

Parents need to step up to the plate and stop blaming everyone else. If your kids suck, it's your own fault.

The point is that Obama will be a role model for a huge population that is lacking parental supervision. I'm not concerned about my own children.

My point is that it either should be kept completely quiet, or he should quit now and make it a big public thing, to quit smoking. This, again, has nothing to do with his ability to lead the nation, it's just that I've never, in my lifetime, seen a President with such a following. His every move can be mocked by many.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='732839' date='Dec 15 2008, 04:17 PM']i wonder if he smokes

[img]http://static.flickr.com/122/294153475_517201e8a8.jpg[/img]

or

[img]http://www.eurweb.com/images/articles/200410/kool(004-cigarette-package-med).jpg[/img]

:mellow:[/quote]

[img]http://wonkette.com/assets/resources/2008/03/ThatsRacist.gif[/img]

[quote name='steggyD' post='732816' date='Dec 15 2008, 03:16 PM']The point is that Obama will be a role model for a huge population that is lacking parental supervision. I'm not concerned about my own children.

My point is that it either should be kept completely quiet, or he should quit now and make it a big public thing, to quit smoking. This, again, has nothing to do with his ability to lead the nation, it's just that I've never, in my lifetime, seen a President with such a following. His every move can be mocked by many.[/quote]

Obama's smoking is not the problem. The lack of parental supervision is. Attack the true problem, not the result.

If you want Obama to stop smoking, he better stop driving (ruins the environment), stop eating burgers (they will kill you faster than cigs), outlaw booze (yeah right, too much money at stake)... etc. Everything will kill you. Smoking is far down the list. If you don't want your kids to smoke, tell them that people don't like to be around people who stink. End of discussion. Sadly, most parents can't even figure that out.

My parents kept me from smoking by smoking themselves, and I simply didn't want to be/stink like them. Sadly of the 5 of us kids, 2 (the oldest and the youngest) ended up smokers and 3 did not. As a child I quietly called ashtrays "asses trays" as my own form of disapproval. Lame, but true. The lamest is that I felt horribly guilty for disrespecting my parents.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='732911' date='Dec 15 2008, 07:48 PM']Muslims are allowed to smoke tobacco. If we catch him eating bacon while sucking down 40's of Crazy Horse and banging a Jewish mistress, then you get to start a thread.[/quote]

:rofl:

Archived