My Mock and Offseason Plan

Sibb

Hi all, this is my first mock and off season plan. I have been lurking a long time figured I would finally give a few thoughts.

Pick #6 round 1 OT, Michael Oher, can’t miss with this guy and I think someone in the top five will pick a QB

Pick #13 round 1 MLB, Rey Maualuga, See ya Chad but we don’t need you anymore, Rey will give us the Odell Factor. Someone to get excited about on D.

Pick #38 round 2 OC, Alex Mack, We need a center with balls and leadership abilities. This dude has em.

Pick #70 round 3 DT, Ricky Jean, The man is just plain mean. That’s what we need at DT

Pick #97(comp) round 3 OG, Andy Levitre, Monster that will dominate

Pick #102 round 4 OLB, Zack Follett, Smart and mean, my kind of linebacker

Pick #134 round 5 RB, Arian Foster, good number three RB

Pick #166 round 6 DE, Michael Bennett, at 6’-4” I think a pass or two will get knocked down on third and long

Pick #198 round 7 best players available

Sign Benson and all good rookies

Chad Johnson, it’s time for you to go. Anyone have a name or two of any pre-madonna wide receivers that stay with the team that drafted them? They always go. Let’s get a parting gift or two.

TJ, he is my favorite player in the league. I don’t think he will be tagged. I will miss him but we will need the cap space.

Shayne Graham, use the tag on him (cheapest way to go) find a new kicker next year.

I am a firm believer that Carson can make any receiver look good with a good line in front of him. Let the hungry new talent prove them selves. Get the lines and the backers up to snuff and pick up a couple receivers in FA or next year with the 32nd pick.

(I gave up hope for big FA'S along time ago)

What do you think?

I don't know much about Jean or Bennett, but I could definatley live with that draft. Only thing I see missing is someone who could be an impact punt returner. Also probably need to grab a CB somewhere (if not in free agency).

Also, out of curiosity, since you have Foster as you're #3 RB, who do you have as #2?

oh yea, and welcome to the site!

Good draft but I dont think its realistic

1. I doubt we trade Chad for that high of a pick
2. I dont think Mack makes it to us in the second not with Pit and Buffalo needing a Center
3. Arian foster fumbles the ball like crazy but at a 5th round value it might not be bad, he some talent

I like Ricky Jean he could be a great pick up

The general theory of my plan is to concentrate on the trenches and the men behind them. With the money we are paying Carson he better be able to turn water into wine regarding receivers. We need to blow up the play book with the Pass First Offense. If that is what you want I am sure Jeff Blake is still available. We play in a division with the FN Steelers and B. Ravens. You fight mean with meaner. I don’t care if we use all of our picks on D. I don’t care if we run the O with Carson (a good line) and a hand full of supplemental picks. We haven’t been smash mouth since Tim Krumrie. This team needs balls! If they don’t have em….CUT EM!

[quote name='Sibb' post='743414' date='Jan 30 2009, 11:28 PM']The general theory of my plan is to concentrate on the trenches and the men behind them. With the money we are paying Carson he better be able to turn water into wine regarding receivers. We need to blow up the play book with the Pass First Offense. If that is what you want I am sure Jeff Blake is still available. We play in a division with the FN Steelers and B. Ravens. You fight mean with meaner. I don’t care if we use all of our picks on D. I don’t care if we run the O with Carson (a good line) and a hand full of supplemental picks. We haven’t been smash mouth since Tim Krumrie. [b]This team needs balls! If they don’t have em….CUT EM![/b][/quote]

I agree.

And one helluva first post, BTW...

I think I am finally starting to post because I am reaching a level of frustration with my beloved Bengals that I haven’t had before. It was easy in the 90’s because they were simply a bad team. No one gets frustrated with a bad team; you just hope they start making moves that will make them a good team. The Bengals of today are totally different. They are a good team that are consistently playing bad. For me it is really hard seeing the Steelers go to another Super Bowl. The salt in the wound is the fact that it’s the Ravens they beat to get there. It illustrates how tough our division really is. It’s also a big neon sign outside my window saying the reason we are not there is because they are both tougher than us. One on one they are tougher than “us”. Us as players, us as fans, us as coaches, us as scouts, us as people. Maaaaaaby I am taking the game a little too serious. Maybe I should just go back to work, concentrate more on raising my kids and the day to day grind.

Naaaaaa, I want my Bengals back! I want someone like Tim Krumrie putting Ben on his ass. I want the John Deer coming out to haul off someone else’s ass other than a Bengal player. I want roughing the passer penalties against us that are real. I want a couple Bengals thrown out of games and fined for helmet to helmet. I want Steeler fans throwing shit on the field. I want Marvin on the PA saying YOU DON’T LIVE IN PITTSBURG!

That’s all,

BUT

No more finesse, no more doting the I receivers, no more dances, no more converting players to new positions, no more maybe next year, no more high draft picks, no more undersized for his position, no more prevent defense, no more it’s a business, no more I have a tummy ache and cant play, no more DUI’s, no more we tried, no more mediocrity!

Smash Mouth Football is what is played in this division. So far only two teams realize this. The other two are the ones getting there mouth’s smashed. I really hope the Browns don’t figure this out first.

No more beer for me thanks.

Good night

Sibb,

Great, great stuff...Welcome aboard!

I agree completely with 3 key points

1/ This is a good team that plays mediocre due to a lack of fortitude and struggles with professionalism.

2/ Catering to primadonnas has been part of the problem.

3/ If they want to compete year in and year out in this division, they have to have more toughness and dole out some punishment.

For the record, I do not blame Marvin for these things as much as I do blame the ownership...However, Marvin has made his mistakes in juggling star talent, ownership demands, etc...But I think if he had full autonomy, we would have a team that looks a lot more like what you are talking about.

BZ

• 1 month later...
Things are looking up! Our draft will move us forward and the offseason is keeping our framework in tack. Sure a couple of the names are changing. If you can get thru free agency at or marginally better than your doing better than most. Now if we can just trade Chad for a mean SOB what ever the position, this off season will be a huge success.

Just my 2 cents.

You cant fake mean. You cant fake toughness. You have it or you don't.

Sibb

[quote name='Sibb' post='753463' date='Mar 5 2009, 09:12 AM']Things are looking up! Our draft will move us forward and the offseason is keeping our framework in tack. Sure a couple of the names are changing. If you can get thru free agency at or marginally better than your doing better than most. Now if we can just trade Chad for a mean SOB what ever the position, this off season will be a huge success.

Just my 2 cents.
[b]
You cant fake mean. You cant fake toughness. You have it or you don't.[/b]

Sibb[/quote]
Agreed. And 85 is the biggest pussy I've ever seen play the game. -_-

Archived