Spring Training begins!!

JBandJoeyV

Reds up 5-0 after 5. Hairston hit a grand slam, not sure how they got the other run.

Volquez's line was 3 innings 3 Ks 2 Hits 1 BB
Cuetos line so far...2 innings 2 Ks 0 Hits 0 BB

I know its only the first game of spring training and it means absolutely nothing, but still cant help but get excited!!

I think Johnny is going out for one more inning then i think homer is pitching 3. I would love to see Homer step it up this spring training and grab the 5 spot. If he could somehow reach his potential (once again hes only 22, he could still easily reach his potential) this team would have to have one of the best rotations in baseball.

LETS GO REDS!

JC's line...3 IP 3 Ks 0 Hits 1 BB

Bailey so far...1 IP 2 Ks 0 Hits 0 BB

all 3 combined so far...7 IP 8 Ks 2 Hits 2 BB

EDIT: Reds win 7-0, pitchers combine for a 4 hitter with 9 Ks. Fultz pitched the 8th and Burton pitched the 9th. All 5 pitchers looked good apparently.

Good way to start off the spring.

4 hits against one of the best teams in baseball is good to see. 14 hits i think is an even better stat. Hopefully this speed and defense pay off, i would love to see playoff baseball back in Cincy and i know we have the talent.

Question is, do we have the endurance to keep it up all season?

[quote name='Jason' post='749463' date='Feb 25 2009, 08:35 PM']If it finally starts to click for Homer this year, I love the potential of this staff. You'd be hard pressed to find four pitchers with better stuff anywhere in MLB.[/quote]
I'm clinging to that hope and am buying into the hype based on last year, especially if Harang stays healthy and has a good year, then everyone else will follow suit.

We have to be able to generate offense, though, I hope the meme about this Reds squad being a speed and defense team proves true.

[quote name='Jason' post='749463' date='Feb 25 2009, 08:35 PM']You'd be hard pressed to find four pitchers with better stuff anywhere in MLB.[/quote]
Unless, for example, you looked at the San Francisco Giants.
Lincecum
Cain
Johnson
Sanchez (who every team and their brother tried to grab before the All-Star break last year)
Zito

Bumgarner (Top 10 Prospect LHP-Ranked 6th by MLB.com)
Lowry (who could be a great 3 or 4 pitcher for any team if he recovers from his injuries)

The big problem, as I see it, with the Red's staff is that they don't have a quality lefty to break up the rotation. The Giants have too many.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='749430' date='Feb 25 2009, 07:51 PM']Nice start by the [b]Reds[/b]. [i]Terrible[/i] avatar choice by [b]JC[/b]!

:)[/quote]

^_^

I need to find a good bengals one. I'll have to wait for after the draft on that one!

Or i could always get a Maryland sucks one. Even though i don't think we have any terp fans around.

[quote name='JC' post='749492' date='Feb 25 2009, 10:57 PM']^_^

I need to find a good bengals one. I'll have to wait for after the draft on that one!

Or i could always get a Maryland sucks one. Even though i don't think we have any terp fans around.[/quote]
I would like to continue this conversation with you, but every time I read your posts I see Duke sitting there, all mocking me, whispering "Christian Laettner" over and over again....

[quote name='Bunghole' post='749579' date='Feb 26 2009, 09:37 AM']I would like to continue this conversation with you, but every time I read your posts I see Duke sitting there, all mocking me, whispering "Christian Laettner" over and over again....[/quote]

All those in favor of JC putting Christain Laettner in either his sig or avatar raise your hand.

:wave:

:ninja:

:D

Archived