LATEST KIPER MOCK DRAFT?

[quote name='GoBengals' post='762547' date='Apr 9 2009, 03:38 PM']id be furious if we ignored the LB spot, unless that DE is gonna play 4-3 LB... we need at LEAST 1 top 3 round LB's to toss into the mix.. preferably top 2 round..[/quote]

Kruger will not play OLB. He only runs a 4.8 forty. He only had 7 sacks last year and 4 of them weer against Utah State. what he needs to do is add 20 lbs and play DE for a 3-4 team.

But other than Kruger that would be almost what I would call a dream draft. All we need to do is replace him with a CB or LB (Brinkley?)

[quote name='Arkansas Bengal' post='762542' date='Apr 9 2009, 02:20 PM']Wow, I would ecstatic if we ended up with these picks![/quote]

Here's what I'm hoping for:
1.A Smith OT...Ala
2. Wood C (I think pburg will take Mack in first)....L'ville
3a. Sintim OLB(Hope he's not gone) Va. If gone ..McKillop MLB..PBurg OR Mickens CB..Cin
3b. Fiametta FB...Syr
4.Peerman RB/KR..Va,
5.Maiava OLB..USC
6 A...Huber.Punter.Cin
6 B. Underwood CB Cin
7 KR,G

[quote name='fredtoast' post='762550' date='Apr 9 2009, 01:52 PM']Kruger will not play OLB. He only runs a 4.8 forty. He only had 7 sacks last year and 4 of them weer against Utah State. what he needs to do is add 20 lbs and play DE for a 3-4 team.

But other than Kruger that would be almost what I would call a dream draft. All we need to do is replace him with a CB or LB (Brinkley?)[/quote]

Spoken like someone who obviously hasn't watched him play. He is double/triple teamed on nearly every play and was still wreaking havoc. He's consistantly in the backfield disrupting plays. While he isn't a speed rusher, he's still a play maker. He's a very smart player.

I will, however, agree that he is not an OLB. He'll play with his hand down in the pros. Although he has shown the ability to run a zone blitz very well and drop into coverage.

Anyone who watched the Sugar Bowl can attest to his ability. And while he didn't get to go up against Andre Smith (suspended), he kicked around everyone else Alabama threw at him.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='762527' date='Apr 9 2009, 06:50 PM']I'd be pretty damn happy with that mock.[/quote]

x2. Although I'm not convinced about yet another DE when we need a CB of some description and another body in the LB corps.

The trouble with the fake "Beanie 1st" draft is that Kiper is so hideously innaccurate that he very well might have written that :)

[quote name='GoBengals' post='762547' date='Apr 9 2009, 03:38 PM']id be furious if we ignored the LB spot, unless that DE is gonna play 4-3 LB... we need at LEAST 1 top 3 round LB's to toss into the mix.. preferably top 2 round..[/quote]
I generally like this draft, though I would prefer Wood to Mack.

What LB would you take in place of any of these picks?

Archived