Larry Foote for veteran depth anyone?

[url="http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/28/footes-departure-clears-2885-million-in-cap-space/"]http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/28/...n-in-cap-space/[/url]

Foote’s Departure Clears $2.885 Million In Cap Space
Posted by Mike Florio on April 28, 2009, 11:46 a.m. EDT

With the Steelers dumping veteran linebacker Larry Foote, the uncharacteristically cap-strapped defending Super Bowl champs will clear $2.885 million in 2009 salary space.

Foote has started every game for five straight years. In 2008, he had his lowest output of that half-decade run, with only 63 tackles and 1.5 sacks.

Lawrence Timmons, a 2007 first-round pick, will be expected to earn and keep one of the starting jobs at inside linebacker. To date, Timmons has been overshadowed by 2007 second-rounder LaMarr Woodley, who has become an impact player on the outside.

And it’s a bit surprising that the Steelers are making the move now, two months after the start of the 2009 league year. Cutting Foote in February would have given him a fair chance to participate in the free-agent feeding frenzy.

We also wonder whether the locker room will support the sudden departure of Foote, and whether there might be something more to the story that would make the guys left behind more inclined to accept the move.

[quote name='USN Bengal' post='771152' date='Apr 28 2009, 01:44 PM'][url="http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/28/footes-departure-clears-2885-million-in-cap-space/"]http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/28/...n-in-cap-space/[/url]

Foote’s Departure Clears $2.885 Million In Cap Space
Posted by Mike Florio on April 28, 2009, 11:46 a.m. EDT

With the Steelers dumping veteran linebacker Larry Foote, the uncharacteristically cap-strapped defending Super Bowl champs will clear $2.885 million in 2009 salary space.

Foote has started every game for five straight years. In 2008, he had his lowest output of that half-decade run, with only 63 tackles and 1.5 sacks.

Lawrence Timmons, a 2007 first-round pick, will be expected to earn and keep one of the starting jobs at inside linebacker. To date, Timmons has been overshadowed by 2007 second-rounder LaMarr Woodley, who has become an impact player on the outside.

And it’s a bit surprising that the Steelers are making the move now, two months after the start of the 2009 league year. Cutting Foote in February would have given him a fair chance to participate in the free-agent feeding frenzy.

We also wonder whether the locker room will support the sudden departure of Foote, and whether there might be something more to the story that would make the guys left behind more inclined to accept the move.[/quote]

The Stains will snatch him up.

Outside of Hines......Actually, this is the Stealer that I hate the most. Hines hit is what it is. I wish our receivers were brutal like that. However, Larry Foote, is a piece of F***cking shit IMO. My boss sat on the 50ish yard line directly behind the Stealers bench at the game Carson got hurt at and said Foote was making gestures towards his leg and laughing at Bengal fans making light of Carson getting takin out. That strikes a nerve with me big time as im sure it does with every Bengal fan. I hope the dude never finds a job in the NFL again. Would he be veteran leadership with our young guys, sure. I just can't stomach the dude.

[quote name='Smizno' post='771557' date='Apr 29 2009, 09:23 AM']Foote was making gestures towards his leg and laughing at Bengal fans making light of Carson getting takin out.[/quote]
Yeah him and EVERY other Stealer on the sidelines...you obviously werent there. I wanted to shoot all of them. They knew they were fucked..then Carson went down and they all burst out in laughs and grins and sighs of relief.

Still fuckin pisses me off to even think about it. :steamed:

Thats it I'm off to find me a Stealer fan to beat up.

Archived