Just for Fun

Fun  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Andre Smith is in before Game One?

• NO
    • Yes - but not playing
    • yes - active for the game
  2. 2. Thursday Nights D with the Pats

• Bengals 1st Team D - shuts them down
    • Bengals 1st Team D - gets stomped
    • Bengals 1st Team D - improves from last week
    • Bengals 1st Team D - meets expectations
  3. 3. 1st Team Offensive Line - thursday against the Pats

• Protects the Passer Well
    • Get's Stomped
    • meets expectations with a few flaws
  4. 4. Scott or Benson - has more yards against the pats

5. 5. Top WR in thursdays game

6. 6. Bengals Win or NOT thursday night

• WIN
    • NOT
    • Doesn't Matter Really as long as we see all the right things.
  7. 7. Who's drinking the Koolaid besides me

• Koolaid Drinker - yes
    • Koolaid Drinker - no
    • I just like Beer

i said no to in by first game.. but i think he signed either a few days before or a few days after..

as soon as the media and everyone else starts forgetting he exist (an agents worst nightmare) he will get in..

late enough that no one will notice the holdout gained the agent/player nothing...

nothing worse than a holdout besides a holdout that gains nothing.

i am looking at the o-line a bit more than last week.. now that they have some game experience together and film to study together i expect an improvement.. each week..

im always drinking the koolaid.. football is no fun if not..

i expect some good from the D.. but short stents by the starting corners... which will make things go poorly.. hope the LB's play well through the first qtr.. get some experience and time together against new offenses.

[quote name='GoBengals' date='19 August 2009 - 03:02 PM' timestamp='1250704929' post='792740']
i said no to in by first game.. but i think he signed either a few days before or a few days after..

as soon as the media and everyone else starts forgetting he exist (an agents worst nightmare) he will get in..

late enough that no one will notice the holdout gained the agent/player nothing...

nothing worse than a holdout besides a holdout that gains nothing.
[/quote]
I said yes but not active - i was thinking the same thing with a few days before.....

I'd like to see continual pressure up the middle - gamble with LB's, especially against 2nd teamers, and lets see if we can get them having some fun out there. Remember when Odell had fun out there? And then when other LBs saw him have fun, they wanted to also? Anybody got that pic from 2005 with a completely horizontal Odell leaping the LoS?

After that... who cares. It's reps, tape, and commercials. That's it. That's preseason football.

[quote name='HebronHarry' date='19 August 2009 - 02:07 PM' timestamp='1250705245' post='792746']
I'd like to see continual pressure up the middle - gamble with LB's, especially against 2nd teamers, and lets see if we can get them having some fun out there. Remember when Odell had fun out there? And then when other LBs saw him have fun, they wanted to also? Anybody got that pic from 2005 with a completely horizontal Odell leaping the LoS?

After that... who cares. It's reps, tape, and commercials. That's it. That's preseason football.
[/quote]

Michael Johnson seems to be a significant wildcard in the blitz game.. if he can master or at least be serviceable in dropping back into coverage on a fake blitz from the end.. he could be dangerous and work wonders for getting rey and pals more freedom up the middle.

[quote name='GoBengals' date='19 August 2009 - 03:04 PM' timestamp='1250705070' post='792741']
i am looking at the o-line a bit more than last week.. now that they have some game experience together and film to study together i expect an improvement.. each week..

im always drinking the koolaid.. football is no fun if not..

i expect some good from the D.. but short stents by the starting corners... which will make things go poorly.. hope the LB's play well through the first qtr.. get some experience and time together against new offenses.
[/quote]
Koolaid is the thing - i usually come to one game a year - its a long drive from VA - but this year i am thinking about two games - the chiefs game is booked - i come with a friend who's a huge KC fan but i'm going to pick one more game with my girlfriend whom is trying to check out football for the first time, I'm thinking the pittsburg or the browns game.

As for the O-line - i have great expectations
As for the D - nervous about the secondary - but hopeful

[quote name='mhfinks' date='19 August 2009 - 02:12 PM' timestamp='1250705525' post='792748']
Koolaid is the thing - i usually come to one game a year - its a long drive from VA - but this year i am thinking about two games - the chiefs game is booked - i come with a friend who's a huge KC fan but i'm going to pick one more game with my girlfriend whom is trying to check out football for the first time, I'm thinking the pittsburg or the browns game.

As for the O-line - i have great expectations
As for the D - nervous about the secondary - but hopeful
[/quote]

id go with the browns game..

lamer road fans from cleve..

highler likely hood of winning

cheaper

etc...

[quote name='GoBengals' date='19 August 2009 - 03:25 PM' timestamp='1250706338' post='792751']
id go with the browns game..

lamer road fans from cleve..

highler likely hood of winning

cheaper

etc...
[/quote]
True - i think I saw a post where someone had tickets for that game for sale - thanks

[quote name='Bengal Migration' date='19 August 2009 - 03:31 PM' timestamp='1250706682' post='792754']
price is the same if he buys my tix, tbh :P
[/quote]
i just sent you a message - you still got the two tickets to the browns game? if so send me an email at that address

I expect the 1st team D to get a stop and give up a TD because Brady and Co are fucking good.

OL should be alright but I'm thinkin with O'Sullivan they won't all be on the same page and he'll get hit more than Carson last week. Should be a good test for Cook though.

Scott and Henry will play longer so they should end up with more touches.

My eyes will be locked on 58 and 93 all game long.

[quote name='HebronHarry' date='19 August 2009 - 03:07 PM' timestamp='1250705245' post='792746']

[/quote]

One of my favorite pictures of all time...don't know if this is the one you are talking about.... Loved him as a player for the short time he was here..... I miss his fire...but not the off field issues....

[quote name='fluhartz' date='19 August 2009 - 04:46 PM' timestamp='1250711208' post='792781']
One of my favorite pictures of all time...don't know if this is the one you are talking about.... Loved him as a player for the short time he was here..... I miss his fire...but not the off field issues....
[/quote]

Just for fun I set that pick as my screensaver - in light of the pending game thursday with the pats - GO BENGALS!

Archived