Reds vs Cards

Who was the guy saying a week ago that we shouldn't trade graves???????? Graves finally blows a save, he was 8 for 8, but god he almost blew 7 of them. Anyone willing to try Wagner at closer yet? I sure as hell am <_<

[quote name='eskimo' date='May 2 2005, 11:44 PM']Everyone keeps saying to trade Graves.  Do you really think other teams want Graves that bad if you guys want to get rid of him?
[right][post="87345"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
I bet the Yankees would take him, they have literally no relief pitching..... And they are arrogant enough to think they can "fix" him

some of those runs werent graves responsability, what about the 2 straight walks and hit to load the bases, if graves would ahve started the 9th inning, we would ahve won 9-7.... and he would be 8-8 or 9-9 whatever..

dont get me wrong.. graves is garbage... but this wasnt exactly all his doing...

[quote name='GoBengals' date='May 2 2005, 11:52 PM']some of those runs werent graves responsability, what about  the 2 straight walks and hit to load the bases, if graves would have started the 9th inning, we would have won 9-7....  and he would be 8-8 or 9-9 whatever..

dont get me wrong.. graves is garbage... but this wasnt exactly all his doing...
[right][post="87353"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I agree. Why are we letting Porky Pig pitch? He's useless! Who thought that even the Cardinals could score 6 runs in the ninth with the bottom of their line-up coming up? Can somebody do me a favor? PM or sametime me if the Reds ever do anything in the least to improve their bullpen. Cause I'm not watching or following them at all until that happens. I'm not a fair-weather fan, but if Carl doesn't care about his team enough to try to fix his crappy bullpen, then why should I?

Guest oldschooler

[quote name='GoBengals' date='May 2 2005, 09:52 PM']some of those runs werent graves responsability, what about  the 2 straight walks and hit to load the bases, if graves would have started the 9th inning, we would have won 9-7....  and he would be 8-8 or 9-9 whatever..

[right][post="87353"][/post][/right][/quote]

Yeah but Graves is the "closer". He didn`t come in until
then because it wasn`t a SAVE OPPORTUNITY.
Casey didn`t help him AT ALL...
But you would think your "closer" could strike 1 PERSON
OUT WITH 2 OUTS !

Instead he gives up 2 HR`s and never gets a swinging strike !
Paaaaa-thetic.
Graves = Garbage ...I would have cut him right after the game. <_<

[quote name='oldschooler' date='May 3 2005, 10:12 AM']Yeah but Graves is the "closer". He didn`t come in until
then because it wasn`t a SAVE OPPORTUNITY.
Casey didn`t help him AT ALL...
But you would think your "closer" could strike 1 PERSON
OUT WITH 2 OUTS !
Instead he gives up 2 HR`s and never gets a swinging strike !
Paaaaa-thetic.
Graves = Garbage ...I would have cut him right after the game. <_<
[right][post="87472"][/post][/right][/quote]

i would ahve got myself ejected immediately... i would ahve thrown a ball from the dughout and hit the batter.. just so i could leave...

[quote name='Bengal_Freak' date='May 2 2005, 10:35 PM']maybe ill switch to the Nationals...I kinda like them...and they're better than this sorry ass team
[right][post="87337"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I hate when fans are fairweather or nothing... im sure you didnt like the bengals either until Marvin came in.

If you can't like the team, and support them when thier down, you're not a true fan... I love the Reds and will always love the Reds. They are in a slump right now... Griffey is starting to come around, Casey is starting to come around, our fielding is good, our starting pitching needs a little work and our bullpen needs some help... but do i think it will be like this all year???? fuck no

Graves was an allstar last year... though he does blow a lot of saves, he also gets the job done a lot. He has been shaky as hell but one player cant make me hate a whole team...

I will never stop rooting for or watching the Reds...just like I never stopped watching the Bengals all throughout the 1990's...

That said, the Reds DO need some help, but I have no idea where it's goign to come from since our farm system basically blows and who we've got now isn't getting it done.

Now that the offense is waking up, the defense is going south...

It just figures, it's the Reds own version of Murphy's Law...

yeah its really sad that some of the people here start criticizing the whole team when we get into a slump but at the beggining of the the year were praising our team and believing we would win the world eries or some shit.

basically our pitching is doing horrible

last night was pathetic but the majority of the games are fielding is good
our offense is waking up...9 runs looked pretty damn good to me going into the 9th
but when your pitching cant keep a 6 run lead someone needs to be shot

i just dont know why dave miley took out weathers with two outs to put in the un reliable graves...i literally said out loud to my dad..."oh no...here we go" when they put in graves...and he confirmed exactly what was going on in my head by allowing 5 more runs on top of the 2 that weathers had allowed

right now danny graves really reminds me of neil rackers when he was kicking for our bengals...hold your breath on every pitch hoping its not a homerun...just like we had to hold our breath even on extra points with rackers

but o well...its a long ass season and we just need to try and get back to .500 by the end of this homestand

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' date='May 3 2005, 11:41 AM']I hate when fans are fairweather or nothing... im sure you didnt like the bengals either until Marvin came in.

If you can't like the team, and support them when thier down, you're not a true fan... I love the Reds and will always love the Reds.  They are in a slump right now... Griffey is starting to come around, Casey is starting to come around, our fielding is good, our starting pitching needs a little work and our bullpen needs some help... but do i think it will be like this all year???? fuck no

Graves was an allstar last year... though he does blow a lot of saves, he also gets the job done a lot.  He has been shaky as hell but one player cant make me hate a whole team...
[right][post="87504"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
exactly what i was thinking, i hate whne people do that, i dont care if griffey isn't comin around or anyone on the team if everyone sucked and they lost everygame i would still be a reds fan

[quote name='Bunghole' date='May 3 2005, 01:10 PM']I will never stop rooting for or watching the Reds...just like I never stopped watching the Bengals all throughout the 1990's...

That said, the Reds DO need some help, but I have no idea where it's goign to come from since our farm system basically blows and who we've got now isn't getting it done.

Now that the offense is waking up, the defense is going south...

It just figures, it's the Reds own version of Murphy's Law...
[right][post="87521"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I've been a fan my whole life. I even vaguely remember going to a game at Crosley. I'll never stop rooting for them, but it's too painful to watch. And I don't root for another team . During the Bengals 12 year stinkfest, I rooted for them, but a lot of times I wouldn't watch them if I had something better to do. But I didn't go out and get a new favorite team like so many people do around here. Like all of the opposing jerseys you see at a Bengals home game.

I'm 35, but I've only really been a baseball fan for about 12 years, and it's always been the Reds.

I have watched and enjoyed football for about 28 years, however...
As a kid, I liked the Redskins and the 70's Steelers...
I grew up in the DC area and remain a quasi-fan of the Foreskins to this day...
...but I've been a Bengals JUNKIE since I relocated to the Cincy area in 1992...the dark era...
What hooked me was watching the 88 Superbowl while in Basic Training in Fort Knox, KY...all my Army buddies (they herded us into an auditorium, all 200 of us, to watch the game on a 27" TV...) were rooting for Montana and I rooted for Boomer...
Loved 'em ever since...

i will always love the reds. i've always loved grilling out and listening to marty and joe. when i lived in athens we'd watch the games on tv with the sound off and listen to 700wlw broadcast. good times. i'm not going to lie to ya though, the more they lose, the less i listen but i do not like any other teams.

as far as last nights game goes, that was pathetic. poor execution on defense, poor pitching, and poor managing. if miley had the mentality that graves was not going to start the 9th then why use him as a crutch. weathers got into trouble early and was slowly working his way out of it. he should've left him in the game. and if miley knew all along that if weather was in trouble he was going to turn to graves, he should've started graves in the 9th to begin with. last nights game was like a bad car wreck. i could see it all happening from the time graves stopped loosening and weathers got up because we continued to score runs in the 8th.

i will say one thing, that loss was a total team effort from the players on up threw the management.

now we need to go out and get-ir-done tonight. shake that shit off your face and play some fucking baseball. we need a strong outing from harang to give our lousy bullpen a chance to regroup.

Good post Slayer...
That's the great thing about baseball having such a long season...in the first few months, you can shake off losses and focus on the next game...
Last night was pathetic and I agree with you, Graves should have never been put in unless he played the whole 9th--which I think he should have--

But I'll be watching tonight at work...and hoping for a turnaround...again...

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' date='May 3 2005, 11:41 AM']I hate when fans are fairweather or nothing... [b]im sure you didnt like the bengals either until Marvin came in.[/b]
If you can't like the team, and support them when thier down, you're not a true fan... I love the Reds and will always love the Reds.  They are in a slump right now... Griffey is starting to come around, Casey is starting to come around, our fielding is good, our starting pitching needs a little work and our bullpen needs some help... but do i think it will be like this all year???? fuck no

Graves was an allstar last year... though he does blow a lot of saves, he also gets the job done a lot.  He has been shaky as hell but one player cant make me hate a whole team...
[right][post="87504"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

you're right....i only started liking the bengals when marvin came....thats why i have watched them my whole life and never quit even through all the losing....but think what u want [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/30.gif[/img] ....

yeah i have been critical of them but its hard to watch them blow a 9-3 lead....after they just got swept by milwaukee....anways i might say ill switch teams but i know i wont cause im loyal to my cincinnati teams even when they suck

baseball is about the only sport that a tean can go on a 10 game losing streak and have no effect on the end of season outcome... 162 games is alot, and your pretty much guaranteed to win 60 and lose 60, (ala franky dradle) so what you do with the other 42 games is pretty much a telling tale on your season.

Archived