Mawae/Crumpler

[url="http://nashvillecitypaper.com/content/sports/titans-mawae-ready-test-free-agent-market?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+NashvilleCityPaper-Sports+%28Nashville+City+Paper+-+Sports%29&utm_content=Google+Reader"]Nashville City Paper[/url]

I think it's awesome we are no longer freaking out about C around here, but I'll post for the TE story. Crumpler signed with TN for bacon grease and the word is they will attempt to keep Scaife along with the Jared Cook kid and Alge will be the odd man out..

[quote name='GoBengals' date='26 February 2010 - 05:05 PM' timestamp='1267221906' post='865668']
i dont see how anyone thinks crumpler has anything in the tank...
[/quote]

So Crumpler, the guy the Falcons drafted to replace Kelly, has nothing in the tank, but Kelly does. ProFootballFocus has them rated as follows:

Crumpler: 7th best run blocking TE
Kelly: no data obviously
Crumpler: 3rd
Kelly: 23rd
2007 (partial data)
Crumpler: 17th
Kelly: 11th

Crumpler has also rated higher in the passing game than Kelly in both 2007 and 2008. I think Crumpler definitely has something left in the tank; it's just a matter of salary. Kelly will probably want less at this point in his career than Crumpler.

[quote name='GoBengals' date='26 February 2010 - 05:05 PM' timestamp='1267221906' post='865668']
i dont see how anyone thinks crumpler has anything in the tank...
[/quote]

Perhaps if you've actually watched Crumpler play the past few years you'd know better.

[quote name='SlantNGo' date='26 February 2010 - 06:33 PM' timestamp='1267227195' post='865686']
So Crumpler, the guy the Falcons drafted to replace Kelly, has nothing in the tank, but Kelly does. ProFootballFocus has them rated as follows:

Crumpler: 7th best run blocking TE
Kelly: no data obviously
Crumpler: 3rd
Kelly: 23rd
2007 (partial data)
Crumpler: 17th
Kelly: 11th

Crumpler has also rated higher in the passing game than Kelly in both 2007 and 2008. I think Crumpler definitely has something left in the tank; it's just a matter of salary. Kelly will probably want less at this point in his career than Crumpler.
[/quote]

glad its not 2007, 2008 or 2009....

the price tag between two players with almost identical production the last two years and both are over 32 years old, is going to be a mil or two probably... but id rather keep the old mediocre blocking TE we have than pay a little extra for the washed up one to bring in new...

but if the same site that called evan mathis the best OG on the planet says so we better go get crumpler eh?

i wouldnt be mad at crumpler being here.. but he brings almost nothing to the table... its almost not worth the trouble. he looked like a DT out there last year..

its not 2006 anymore and he isnt gonna get 700+ yards..(and yes, 2006, is the last time he had over 450 yards receiving..)

[quote name='BENGALS666' date='26 February 2010 - 07:13 PM' timestamp='1267229638' post='865694']
Perhaps if you've actually watched Crumpler play the past few years you'd know better.
[/quote]

i watched him "play" live just last year.... he was fat slow and odd.. and that 222 receiving yards was [size="5"][b]EPIC...
[/b][size="2"]and the 254 the year before that was mind shattering.

i cant believe the titans didnt franchise tag him!!
[/size][/size]

[quote name='GoBengals' date='26 February 2010 - 10:19 PM' timestamp='1267240747' post='865738']
glad its not 2007, 2008 or 2009....

the price tag between two players with almost identical production the last two years and both are over 32 years old, is going to be a mil or two probably... but id rather keep the old mediocre blocking TE we have than pay a little extra for the washed up one to bring in new...

but if the same site that called evan mathis the best OG on the planet says so we better go get crumpler eh?

i wouldnt be mad at crumpler being here.. but he brings almost nothing to the table... its almost not worth the trouble. he looked like a DT out there last year..

its not 2006 anymore and he isnt gonna get 700+ yards..(and yes, 2006, is the last time he had over 450 yards receiving..)

i watched him "play" live just last year.... he was fat slow and odd.. and that 222 receiving yards was [size="5"][b]EPIC...
[/b][size="2"]and the 254 the year before that was mind shattering.

i cant believe the titans didnt franchise tag him!!
[/size][/size]
[/quote]

Googling stats doesn't put you in the know all the time holmes.. Crump made clutch plays (not just receptions) both years here. Titans OL has been far superior to Cincy's the for that two year stretch and he's been a decent part of it. Though he was not their primary receiving TE he can certainly do both jobs well and is a tank to bring down. An improvement over Cincy's TE's any way you look at it. He'll sign on the cheap and keep a team from having to blow a pick on TE.. I'm sure you'll find some way out of fucking spite just to boast your "Cincy insight" haha "I guarantee Chad will be gone and we're gonna sign a sneaky C" Blow me...

Archived