Marvin must have a plan

Guest BadassBengal
[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='May 27 2005, 10:01 PM']He looked slow to me, he plodded and didn't look very sudden or quick....I only saw the footage on the website, compared to the other guys atleast, imo

Also, I'm watching highlights of the Ravens SuperBowl 2000 win and they just showed Herring getting an interception, he should have something left in the tank..So it would also be nice to re-sign our current guys whose contracts will be up after the season.
[right][post="97140"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Yea, I saw that, but it was thrown right at him, and it was fuggin Kerry Collins who threw it. Hell, Collins threw like 5 ints that game. Herring was bound to get one of em.

Doesn't change the fact that Herring blows...

[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='May 28 2005, 12:13 AM']We can only hope the Bengals never draft a player from "The U"
[right][post="97177"][/post][/right][/quote]

:lol:

[quote name='BadassBengal' date='May 28 2005, 10:30 AM']Yea, I saw that, but it was thrown right at him, and it was fuggin Kerry Collins who threw it. Hell, Collins threw like 5 ints that game. Herring was bound to get one of em.

[right][post="97217"][/post][/right][/quote]

foolishness

Guest Claptonrocks
I have no problem with Herring at the SS position if he's healthy... As for speed at the SS position well it seems most teams want a player that plays the box effectively first and if he has speed thats a bonus....Myles may be the answer as the backp.. Mitchel will get his shot as well.....

As for Devon Hester beiing drafted by the Bengals.. He's going to be looked at as a CB imo... He's scary fast...He's like Ginn....maybe faster......

Guest Bengal_Smoov
[quote name='wat' date='May 28 2005, 12:08 AM']Devin Hester has NFL speed but what position does he play?  WR and CB?  University of Miami better make a decision on that quick.  OSU moved Gamble permanantly to CB and I think that was best for him.  First and Second rounders have to have a position they excel at to contribute right away.  You cant use a first or second or third round pick on just a return man.
[right][post="97175"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

CB is his position I believe...Salley would be a great option, he slipped my mind...

Hester has game breaking abilities, he kept Miami in alot games last year with his specail teams play.

Guest Bengal_Smoov
[quote name='BadassBengal' date='May 28 2005, 10:30 AM']Yea, I saw that, but it was thrown right at him, and it was fuggin Kerry Collins who threw it. Hell, Collins threw like 5 ints that game. Herring was bound to get one of em.

[right][post="97217"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

you should have some respect for your elders, Herring is the most experienced SS we have, his experience includes starting on one of the best defenses ever and an INTERCEPTION IN THE SUPERBOWL..Just because Collins alot of INT's doesn't take anything away from the plays Herring made.

[quote name='#22' date='May 27 2005, 08:03 PM']Sale' Key looked like a good athlete.
[right][post="97065"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Key couldnt catch half the balls in the TC video on Bengals.com.

Fuck Akli was a good athlete. If you cant play the game at this level move on.

Guest BadassBengal
[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='May 28 2005, 12:29 PM']you should have some respect for your elders, Herring is the most experienced SS we have, his experience includes starting on one of the best defenses ever and an INTERCEPTION IN THE SUPERBOWL..Just because Collins alot of INT's doesn't take anything away from the plays Herring made.
[right][post="97246"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Look at the int, bro. It was thrown right at him. Plus, it was freaking Collins. KERRY COLLINS. I saw the clip yesterday. The guy isn't good. He's done nothing for us. Stop being a homer. I don't care what defense he played for, since they simply had no one better at the position at the moment. See how his ass was shipped off right after that season? Ok then...
Nuff said

Guest Bengal_Smoov
[quote name='BadassBengal' date='May 28 2005, 01:42 PM']Look at the int, bro. It was thrown right at him. Plus, it was freaking Collins. KERRY COLLINS. I saw the clip yesterday. The guy isn't good. He's done nothing for us. Stop being a homer. I don't care what defense he played for, since they simply had no one better at the position at the moment. See how his ass was shipped off right after that season? Ok then...
Nuff said
[right][post="97259"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Collins does have a knack for throwing int's, but Herring still made the play..if he would have dropped an int thrown at him then you might have a point, he made the play, you can't take that away from him. How am I being a homer? Herring was cut for salary cap reason's, they also let Sharper go to the Texans and he was just as a good Ray Lewis in that defense. You obiviously aren't going to come around on Herring, but you don't have bash him everytime some brings him up. Let's wait and see if Herring can help, I don't think he's as bad as your making him out to be.

[quote name='BadassBengal' date='May 28 2005, 01:42 PM']Look at the int, bro. It was thrown right at him. Plus, it was freaking Collins. KERRY COLLINS. I saw the clip yesterday. The guy isn't good. He's done nothing for us. Stop being a homer. I don't care what defense he played for, since they simply had no one better at the position at the moment. See how his ass was shipped off right after that season? Ok then...
Nuff said
[right][post="97259"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

he got them into the playyofs. must have been doing something right..

herring is pretty decent, stop being a dousche..

*clears throat*

bro.

Kim Herring will lead this defense into the playoffs (if we go). We don't have anyone that can play the position nearly as well as he can.

How many other Superbowl winners do we have on the D?

[quote name='#22' date='May 28 2005, 11:50 PM']Kim Herring will lead this defense into the playoffs (if we go). We don't have anyone that can play the position nearly as well as he can.

[right][post="97361"][/post][/right][/quote]

^_^ word.

Guest BadassBengal
[quote name='GoBengals' date='May 28 2005, 11:32 PM']he got them into the playyofs. must have been doing something right..

herring is pretty decent, stop being a dousche..

*clears throat*

bro.
[right][post="97351"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

You stop being a douche, ya fat head.

He didn't get them in the playoffs. That's a fuckin joke. Just because he's on the Bengals, you people seem to find nothin wrong with the majority of our players. He sucks. Plain n simple. Not the type of player you want to build a championship team around...

Guest BadassBengal

[quote name='#22' date='May 28 2005, 11:50 PM']Kim Herring will lead this defense into the playoffs
[right][post="97361"][/post][/right][/quote]

:crazy:

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

Wow. That's incredible. He hasn't done shit. Brian Simmons will lead the D into the playoffs? Maybe. Justin Smith will lead the D into the playoffs? Maybe. David Pollack will lead the D into the playoffs? Maybe. Kim Herring? [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

[quote name='BadassBengal' date='May 29 2005, 12:23 AM']You stop being a douche, ya fat head.

He didn't get them in the playoffs. That's a fuckin joke. Just because he's on the Bengals, you people seem to find nothin wrong with the majority of our players. He sucks. Plain n simple. Not the type of player you want to build a championship team around...
[right][post="97377"][/post][/right][/quote]

so the QB, the leader of the team, didnt get his team into the playoffs? i see your logic... :crazy:

[quote name='BadassBengal' date='May 29 2005, 12:24 AM'] :crazy:

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

Wow. That's incredible. He hasn't done shit. Brian Simmons will lead the D into the playoffs? Maybe. Justin Smith will lead the D into the playoffs? Maybe. David Pollack will lead the D into the playoffs? Maybe. Kim Herring? [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]
[right][post="97378"][/post][/right][/quote]

he has done more than patrick body, and thomas davis.

Guest BadassBengal

[quote name='GoBengals' date='May 29 2005, 12:26 AM']so the QB, the leader of the team, didnt get his team into the playoffs?  i see your logic...  :crazy:
he has done more than patrick body, and thomas davis.
[right][post="97380"][/post][/right][/quote]

Yes, thats correct. But the only thing he's done more of is sucking.

I saw on Fox19 Local news last night that Reggie Myles approached Marvin at the end of last season and emphatically wanted to move to the safety position. Marvin in turn stated to him that "If that's what you want to do then we'll see how it works out", in so many words.

He's put on a little weight and really wants the opportunity to show what he can do at Safety. In college that's what he played for (3) years, however, his size made him a CB prospect out of college. The way that these WR's are getting bigger and taller you would think that he couldn't do the job at 5' 11", but they were showing highlights of his Special Team tackles and plays, and I strongly believe that he's plays bigger than he is. The guy hits like a Mack Truck!!!

Thoughts?

Guest Bengal_Smoov
Myles has alot to prove in training camp, I would like to see him on the field more based on his special teams play, he deserves it, imo...Can he handle the big backs in our division is the question.. Bettis, Staley, J.Lewis, and Suggs aren't little scat backs, but Myles can bring the wood, so he might be an ideal fit. I like Myles, I remember he said Martin Lawerence was his favorite comedian, any guy who likes Martin can't be bad..

[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='May 31 2005, 10:52 AM']Myles has alot to prove in training camp, I would like to see him on the field more based on his special teams play, he deserves it, imo...Can he handle the big backs in our division is the question.. Bettis, Staley, J.Lewis, and Suggs aren't little scat backs, but Myles can bring the wood, so he might be an ideal fit.  I like Myles, I remember he said Martin Lawerence was his favorite comedian, any guy who likes Martin can't be bad..
[right][post="97856"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Yo smoov,

When I seen him (and I see your point too) on the news last night, he looked kinda "swoll" (bigger than usual). He can "bring it" too, as you stated earlier. I think he can make the grade.

I have been all over moving Reggie Myles to saftey for a while now. I think SS, is the position that will best suit his skills, IF he can beaf up enough.

However, I think he will merely provide depth, at least for the time being. Unlike some people, in this thread, who have stated that Kim Herring can't get the job done, I believe he will excel at the position if he can stay healthy. Anyone who watched this guy play, over the past few years, would realize that the problem has not been him "sucking," but instead has been him getting injured. For all that Marvin has asked of this guy, he has responded very well. He has switched position, after position, and still maintained. I think now, that he has finally prepared a full offseason for the position of SS, and put his weight up, he will do extremely well. I would also like to see more of Anthony Mitchell.

If Marvin didn't bother drafting a saftey, he must see some potential there. I doubt if we had a SS, that really sucked, as some stated, that we wouldn't strongly persue some of the SS left via FA, or drafted one in April.

At this point, I wouldn't mind signing a big name saftey, who would? However, do I think it is necessary? Absoultely not. Kim Herring should do well, should he stay healthy, and Reggie Myles and Anthony Mitchell should prove to be serviceable back-ups should he fail to do so.

Guest Bengal_Smoov

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' date='May 31 2005, 12:08 PM']I have been all over moving Reggie Myles to saftey for a while now. I think SS, is the position that will best suit his skills, IF he can beaf up enough.

However, I think he will merely provide depth, at least for the time being. Unlike some people, in this thread, who have stated that Kim Herring can't get the job done, I believe he will excel at the position if he can stay healthy. Anyone who watched this guy play, over the past few years, would realize that the problem has not been him "sucking," but instead has been him getting injured. For all that Marvin has asked of this guy, he has responded very well. He has switched position, after position, and still maintained. I think now, that he has finally prepared a full offseason for the position of SS, and put his weight up, he will do extremely well. I would also like to see more of Anthony Mitchell.

If Marvin didn't bother drafting a saftey, he must see some potential there. I doubt if we had a SS, that really sucked, as some stated, that we wouldn't strongly persue some of the SS left via FA, or drafted one in April.

At this point, I wouldn't mind signing a big name saftey, who would? However, do I think it is necessary? Absoultely not. Kim Herring should do well, should he stay healthy, and Reggie Myles and Anthony Mitchell should prove to be serviceable back-ups should he fail to do so.
[right][post="97873"][/post][/right][/quote]

No your wrong, Herring sucks....because Badass said so :rolleyes:

Is Keanu playing playing FS?

[quote name='#22' date='May 29 2005, 12:50 AM']Kim Herring will lead this defense into the playoffs (if we go). We don't have anyone that can play the position nearly as well as he can.

[right][post="97361"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I'm sorry if this has already been posted, but I believe that Tory James also has a Superbowl ring, while he was in Denver.

And don't forget that Marvin has one too!!!!!

Guest BengalsOwn
Kerry Collins will be in the running for MVP this season.

Herring is decent, but he won't be going to any pro-bowls. To say he will lead the Bengals to the playoffs is laugable. The only way he will "lead" the Bengals to the playoffs is if he happens to be the lead car, and everyone else is following him.

Guest BadassBengal
[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='May 31 2005, 06:52 PM']Kerry Collins will be in the running for MVP this season.

Herring is decent, but he won't be going to any pro-bowls. To say he will lead the Bengals to the playoffs is laugable. The only way he will "lead" the Bengals to the playoffs is if he happens to be the lead car, and everyone else is following him.
[right][post="97976"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/41.gif[/img]

Here we go again settling for the fucking minimum. We've seen Herring and his numbers. Someone mentioned that he simply get injured alot. Then why the hell do you want someone starting at such an important position who gets injured every other damn game? So on top of being barely decent, he's fuggin injured every other Sunday. Why not go after Schulters? I mean, am I the only one here who sees how much we need a God damned SS? Seriously...

Archived