My Second Mock Draft

Jason

Assuming we pick #2 overall, our 6th round pick goes to Jax for Nelson, and no comp picks. I am also assuming that Dunlap and MJ93 progress to the point where DE is less of a need.

Most rankings based on Walterfootball.com.

1. AJ Green WR UGa
TO is gone, Chad is getting up in years and has lost at least half a step and his route running has gotten worse. He may be back, but Green will be his replacement soon.

2. Marvin Austin DT UNC
His character issues will drop him into round 2, at which point he becomes too good for the Bengals to resist.

3. John Moffitt OG Wisky
Our O-line needs help and Moffitt is a solid guard.

4. Jermale Hines SS OSU
A very underrated player. He is a very good tackler, hits well, and has shown better coverage skills as this season has progressed.

5. Bilal Powell RB U of L
I have no idea where he will go. None of the draft sites I have seen have him projected at all. But from what I have seen of the guy he is a tough, relentless runner with decent speed. If he's there in 5, take him.

7. Jarvis Williams WR NC State
Big, productive WR. Will be the 3rd guy eventually on the outside with Shipley moving inside.

I really like it, though I'll play your devil's advocate and say you have Hines overrated. I think he's there in at least the 5th.

Like the Jarvis Williams pick.

My only thought would be to add a OT who can also play guard to eventually replace Bobbie as well. Moffit's a great pick though I think he's gone by then.

I take it you assume Benson to be gone? I'd make RB a higher priority then, someone like Kendall Hunter.

Brings up an interesting discussion. Green/Austin versus say Fairley/Pettis(or Hankerson)

I would much rather go Fairley and then WR in the second. I think there is a huge difference between Austin and Fairley. Even though Green is a top notch WR, I think we can get a very productive WR in the 2nd. Plus if there is a new coach next season, I believe he is going to go away from getting the guys with questionable character.

I like the Moffitt pick but I agree with 1811. I believe he wont be there in the 3rd. He is probably a mid 2nd round pick.

Powell is a very solid RB. I like the pick. He will go some where in the 5th or 6th round.

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' timestamp='1290949212' post='945965']
Unless we get a couple OL in free agency we can't afford to wait until the 3rd to upgrade the OL.....
[/quote]

I agree that it would be tough to wait that long, however if by chance Moffit is there, or Justin Boren, that would go a long way in fixing the oline.

Whit plus Moffit/Boren would solidify the left side, you get Andre back at RT, and if you can get Bobbie to lose some weight you have a pretty good 4 out of 5.

Personally I'd like to see the coaching staff pull their heads out of their asses and put Collins in the starting lineup at either LG or LT.

[quote name='akiliMVP' timestamp='1290979140' post='946068']
I'm a huge Green fan but the thought of Fairley in round 1 and Hankerson in round 2 is awfully tempting...

Everytime I see Fairley play I want him (non-gay) more
[/quote]

I would be ok with that because we would have at least addressed one line in the first 2 rounds....

Archived