67 members have voted

1. 1. Will geathers start?

• Yes 100%
    • probably he is good and should start 80%
    • he will beat out clemens because he is already in camp 70%
    • it will be a battle between him and clemens 50%
    • unless clemens is cut, its clemens job! 25%
    • marvin is just calling clem him out, job is duanes 0%
    • GOD DAMNIT GO just spend the $210 on The authentic GEATHERS jersey...pansy.. 110%

Guest BlackJesus
[img]http://www.bengals.com/img/wallpaper/2005/geathers1_800.jpg[/img]

Come GameDay....

Geathers will not only Start, he will be the best DL on the team

* I am also calling it that he leads the team in Sacks.... you'll see

Guest BengalsOwn
It will be hard for Geathers to get over 12 sacks this season, because that is how many sacks I am predicting Smith will get.

Guest BlackJesus
[i]Interesting sidenote is that Robert Geathers brother Clifton will be a HS Senior this year and he is 6'8 280 lb End & LT who they are calling the next Julius Peppers[/i]

[img]http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/PROSPECT/PHOTO/CLIFTONGEATHERS2_14150.JPG[/img]

[url="http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=34977"]http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=34977[/url]

Guest BlackJesus
[quote]While we are thankful that Clifton Geathers of Carvers Bay is listed on the preseason all-American team, we take exception to a few errors.  Having just spent the better part of two days with Clifton, brother Junior, and his parents Deborah and Robert Geathers last month we are in the best position to recognize the future talents of Clifton Geathers, and to point out any mistakes in his bio. He is a 6-8, 281 pound offensive left tackle who runs a 4.8 forty and he could develop into a future all-pro protecting quarterbacks from oncoming defensive ends. We hardly think that a 4.8 forty is worthy of the adjectives used by Rivals to describe his 40 time. Geathers will play some defensive end his senior season,  but as we watched film with his high school coach Nate Thompson in mid-January, Geathers was just smashing people on offense. We agree with his high school coach that first round NFL money is more likely to come his way on the offensive side of the football. Geathers was born to play on offense which is the opposite of his father, brother and uncle, who were and are great defensive ends.

The HSSR has rated Geathers the number one prospect in S.C. for the upcoming season. The last time we rated an offensive lineman number one it involved  Summerville center Kevin Long of Summerville. We took some heat for doing that. Long went on to captain the Florida State team his senior year and he was a fourth round draft pick of the Tennessee Titans. Last year the staff and stringers for HSSR eye witnessed over 200 high school football games played in South Carolina, conducted a statewide media day for prep football, helped the Shriners promote the Shrine Bowl on a year round basis, and worked directly with over 20 major colleges through a football recruiting service. Do you think we are in the best position to suggest to colleges where they are likely to find the best prep football talent in South Carolina?[/quote]

[i][b]Another excerpt about his brother I found [/b][/i]

Guest CTBengalsFan
[img]http://images.nfl.com/u/nfl/photos/nfl1d85_lower.jpg[/img]
[img]http://images.nfl.com/u/nfl/photos/nfl19e8_lower.jpg[/img]

Guest mongoloido

[quote name='BlackJesus' date='Jun 9 2005, 03:14 AM'][img]http://www.bengals.com/img/wallpaper/2005/geathers1_800.jpg[/img][/quote]

He's so light on his feet, he almost levitates. :D

Guest fredtoast
I'm a big SEC fan. I watched Geathers play at Georgia. I've been saying that he will be the starter since the end of last season. Remember that he came out a year early. He is just now filling out as a grown man. He will be the best D-lineman on our team in his first season as a starter.

[quote name='Palmer2Chad4TD' date='Jun 9 2005, 01:37 PM']With his nickname "JUMPY", how could you not play him?  :D
[right][post="101242"][/post][/right][/quote]

His dad was "Jumpy" and a HOF candidate who also played DE. and whos famous patented move was called "The Forklift"

Robert is "Jumpy Jr", which is basically a big compliment because of his dad. Calling him Jumpy Jr, is sorta like calling him a "chip off the 'ol block".

I'm sure he will start by default. Clemons is old and not at the workouts. Other then that he has no competition. I still think Geathers is overrated. The guy has potential but I'm not sold on him quite yet. You guys are making him out to be a pro bowl caliber DE.

One month ago, I really thought that Clemons would be back and starting...But it's becoming more and more obvious that change is in the air, and Marvin and Bresnahan have few qualms about pushing the young guys into starting positions.

I voted 75%, because it is obvious that Geathers is earning good reviews at workouts and OTAs...It will be interesting to see and hear from Clemons when he arrives.

BZ

[quote name='Lucid' date='Jun 9 2005, 05:53 PM']His dad was "Jumpy" and a HOF candidate who also played DE. and whos famous patented move was called "The Forklift"

Robert is "Jumpy Jr",  which is basically a big compliment because of his dad.  Calling him Jumpy Jr, is sorta like calling him a "chip off the 'ol block".
[right][post="101406"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Actually, that was his uncle, but you have the right idea.

Guest fredtoast
[quote name='CornerBlitZ' date='Jun 9 2005, 06:12 PM']I'm sure he will start by default.  Clemons is old and not at the workouts.  Other then that he has no competition.  I still think Geathers is overrated.  The guy has potential but I'm not sold on him quite yet.  [b]You guys are making him out to be a pro bowl caliber DE.[/b][right][post="101413"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Well, if you are responding to my post all I said was that he would be our best D-lineman. That is not really that big of a compliment. He may be Pro-bowler someday, but not this year.

[quote name='fredtoast' date='Jun 10 2005, 12:07 AM']Well, if you are responding to my post all I said was that he would be our best D-lineman.  That is not really that big of a compliment.  He may be  Pro-bowler someday, but not this year.
[right][post="101493"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I'm responding to the people who say he will have double digit sacks this year.

[quote name='CornerBlitZ' date='Jun 10 2005, 01:07 AM']I'm responding to the people who say he will have double digit sacks this year.
[right][post="101539"][/post][/right][/quote]
Maybe he will, maybe he won't. One can only hope. Shit, I hope Smith and Geathers have 12 sacks apiece!
One can dream... :blush:

[quote name='Jason' date='Jun 9 2005, 07:54 PM']Actually, that was his uncle, but you have the right idea.
[right][post="101437"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

DOH!

Thanks for settin me straight.

[quote name='Bunghole' date='Jun 10 2005, 07:52 AM']Maybe he will, maybe he won't.  One can only hope.  Shit, I hope Smith and Geathers have 12 sacks apiece!
One can dream... :blush:
[right][post="101547"][/post][/right][/quote]

well if ur gonna dream dream big how bout 17 apiece and our whole team is the AFC represantive to the probowl.. besides for our TE's.... lmao... least thats how madden seems to play out :)

Archived