Movie Review Thread

Jason

[quote name='kdubdub' date='Jul 10 2005, 10:14 PM']She was very nice in the movie.  Does anyone know if she (Invisible Girl) is the mother of the human torch in the comic books?
[right][post="112996"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

He is her brother in the comic books.

just saw the fantastic four tonight and i liked it. i know at times it seems kinda campy and what not but thats kinda how F4 are like. i don't know..........maybe i'm a sucker for comic book movies but i liked. i'm all for the super hero's! [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/26.gif[/img]

Ok paid for "War of the Worlds" left before it was over to see batman across the hall.

Ahemmm...Er "War of the Worlds" left me limp. I pulled out before i could understand the climax.

Inserted into Batman Begins and stayed for the whole show. Can't wait to see who they get to play the next villian.

Guest The Carson Show
[quote name='bigfeet4real' date='Jul 11 2005, 01:31 AM']just saw the fantastic four tonight and i liked it. i know at times it seems kinda campy and what not but thats kinda how F4 are like. i don't know..........maybe i'm a sucker for comic book movies but i liked. i'm all for the super hero's!  [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/26.gif[/img]
[right][post="113023"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
the only comic book that ever made a good movie was
Unbreakable
starring bruce willis and samuel l jackson
that movie kicked ass

Guest BadassBengal
[quote name='The Carson Show' date='Jul 12 2005, 03:12 AM']the only comic book that ever made a good movie was
Unbreakable
starring bruce willis and samuel l jackson
that movie kicked ass
[right][post="113427"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I disagree that it was the only good one made, but it was a badass movie. Loved it.

I just saw War of the Worlds great movie loved it all except i think that the ending could have used a little work but it is the same way about a lot of movies out right now. and if you couldnt tell im back now from gulf shores man we got hammered by dennis.

• 2 weeks later...
I watched Wedding Crashers last night. It's a fucking hoot!

Vince Vaughn is the whipping boy in this flick, but with his trademark humour. Owen Wilson plays the straight guy. Will Farrell is also on point with his cameo.

it's not an Old School type flick. They've tried to make this a romantic comedy. However, Vaughn's ramblings throughout the flick clean this flick up!

Worth watching for sure.

[quote name='Stanley Wilson's Dealer' date='Jul 21 2005, 04:42 PM']I watched Wedding Crashers last night. It's a fucking hoot!

Vince Vaughn is the whipping boy in this flick, but with his trademark humour. Owen Wilson plays the straight guy. Will Farrell is also on point with his cameo.

it's not an Old School type flick. They've tried to make this a romantic comedy. However, Vaughn's ramblings throughout the flick clean this flick up!

Worth watching for sure.
[right][post="117162"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Been a VV fan since Swingers, Ill have to check it out.

I will have to check out wedding crashers some day, i'm a sucker for comedy.

Anyway I saw "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory." I gotta say that i enjoyed the flick, some of the payoffs were very clever. I am familiar with the Gene Wilder version which i also enjoyed greatly. So it's hard not to compare the two. They are similar in certain aspects,(which should be obvious), but they are also different as well(which again should be obvious).

Depp was good, the kid who played Charlie is adorable, and Helena Bonham Carter, well i just like looking at her.

• 3 weeks later...
Jim Brown:All American

Here's the skinny. This is a Documentary put out by HBO Films and Directed By Spike Lee.

I gota Say after seeing this film that Jim Brown although flawed is an amazing and interesting man. The picture chronicles all the major points in his life. From humble beginings, to college at Syracuse, to the NFL, his film career, business ventures and outreach program. Important people in his life give their accounts of Mr.Brown. Old High School coaches, Browns children, Art Model, hell Raquel Welch makes apperances. (i'd give up a couple of toes to have about five good minutes with Raquel circa 1967.) :bowdown:

I don't like giving things away, but the film is great. Spike spends the appropriate amount of time on each phase of his life. Lot's of good football stuff for the football fan, the whole Paul Brown/ Art Model realtionship was made clear to me.

The Scales recomends it highly, especialy if your name is BadAssBengal. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//3.gif[/img]

Toss this puppy on your Netflix que if you haven't seen it; you won't regret it.

Guest BadassBengal

[quote name='The Scales' date='Aug 14 2005, 02:00 AM'] Jim Brown:All American
Here's the skinny.  This is a Documentary put out by HBO Films and Directed By Spike Lee.

I gota Say after seeing this film that Jim Brown although flawed is an amazing and interesting man.  The picture chronicles all the major points in his life.  From humble beginings, to college at Syracuse, to the NFL, his film career, business ventures and outreach program.  Important people in his life give their accounts of Mr.Brown.  Old High School coaches, Browns children, Art Model, hell Raquel Welch makes apperances.  (i'd give up a couple of toes to have about five good minutes with Raquel circa 1967.)  :bowdown:

I don't like giving things away, but the film is great.  Spike spends the appropriate amount of time on each phase of his life.  Lot's of good football stuff for the football fan,  the whole Paul Brown/ Art Model realtionship was made clear to me.
The Scales recomends it highly, especialy if your name is BadAssBengal.  [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//3.gif[/img]

Toss this puppy on your Netflix que if you haven't seen it; you won't regret it.
[right][post="130519"][/post][/right]

[/quote]
DID YOU SAY SPIKE LEE?!?!

:afropic: f' shizzle

Constantine

The Players: Kevin Kasevaharn, The Georgeous Dark Haired Lass from the Mummy, Tilda Swinton as Gabriel, and Peter Stormare as Little Horn or son of perdition or old scratch or Lucifer or whatever you want to call him, he's the Devil. Peter Stormare is the Doctor in Minority Report who Changes out Tom Cruises Eyeballs, or you may remember him as the head Nihlists in The Big Lebowski...Peter Stormare just rocks.

The Skinny: Yes it's based off a comic book called Hellblazer blah, blah, blah. I put this on my Netflix with little expectation, pleasntly suprised...Not Great mind you, but above average and fun.

What can i say? give me a God and Devil movie and i'm intrigued.

Kasevaharn is well Keanu..Stormare is :headbang: Ahem.. end of the world plot line with a bit of a twist, some elements ripped from other pictures but it is fun......Tilda Swinton, and Peter make the flick imo....they are always a treat to watch.

worthy of a rental for those who like these kinds of movies....

The Skeleton Key, good movie if a little predictable (though I've seen enough of these that nothing surprises me anymore) the ending they talk about in the commercials is defiantly there, surprised M. Night Shamalamadingdong didn't do this one too.

Guest BadassBengal

[quote name='The Scales' date='Aug 14 2005, 04:59 PM']Constantine
The Players:  Kevin Kasevaharn,  The Georgeous Dark Haired Lass from the Mummy, Tilda Swinton as Gabriel, and Peter Stormare as Little Horn or son of perdition or old scratch or Lucifer or whatever you want to call him, he's the Devil.  Peter Stormare is the Doctor in Minority Report who Changes out Tom Cruises Eyeballs, or you may remember him as the head Nihlists in The Big Lebowski...Peter Stormare just rocks.

The Skinny:  Yes it's based off a comic book called Hellblazer blah, blah, blah.  I put this on my Netflix with little expectation, pleasntly suprised...Not Great mind you, but above average and fun.

What can i say?  give me a God and Devil movie and i'm intrigued.

Kasevaharn is well Keanu..Stormare is  :headbang: Ahem.. end of the world plot line with a bit of a twist, some  elements ripped from other pictures but it is fun......Tilda Swinton, and Peter make the flick imo....they are always a treat to watch.

worthy of a rental for those who like these kinds of movies....
[right][post="130753"][/post][/right][/quote]

yes, i enjoyed that movie. at the end when he flicked off the devil.... best use of a middle finger EVER.

Yah BAB the finger was sweet. Enjoyable picture.

Saw Sin City on the BIG Screen, yes very good ,Scales enjoyed. Rosario Dawson, Jessica Alba, Brittiney Murphy....Deadly little Meho...Good Stuff..i was tempted to pick it up at Best Buy for 16.99 but the disk seems a little bare bones to me. I'm gonna wait.

• 3 weeks later...
Notorious

[img]http://www.carygrant.net/fotogallery/notorious/notorious-16.jpg[/img]

The Players: Cary Grant , Ingrid Bergman, and Claude Raines. Directed by Alfred Hitchcock.

The Skinny: Performance wise this is the first film that i can remeber seeing Cary Grant in. He plays a federal agent with the appropriate flair. Ingrid is not only a treat to look at, but her performance in the role of the title character is nuanced, cleverly representing all the tricks that women have in their arsenal to seduce the object of their momentary interest. The male-female dynamic is represented well.

The plot is alittle dated as it deals with world war II themes, but the skeleton of the story is classic fairytale.

Great Performances from the cast, and skillfully crafted by one of the greatest directors in films short history.

side note: I was informed that Isabella Rosellini is Ingrid Bergmans Daughter, now that i've been clued into that fact, i can see the resembelance. They share a common nose amongst other features.

Good Movie.

I just saw the Brothers Grimm yesterday. Enjoyable, but a lot of it was confusing. In the fact that, I understood what was going on, but there were parts that just plain didn't need to be in the movie. You're there thinking, "This movie is starting to be pretty cool" then they throw this random shit in there and it leaves you like HUH?? If you're looking to watch a good movie, this is not first on the list. If you want to see a movie for fun, this is a pretty good selection.

[quote name='natifanatic' date='Sep 6 2005, 12:43 PM']I just saw the Brothers Grimm yesterday.  Enjoyable, but a lot of it was confusing.  In the fact that, I understood what was going on, but there were parts that just plain didn't need to be in the movie.  You're there thinking, "This movie is starting to be pretty cool" then they throw this random shit in there and it leaves you like HUH??  If you're looking to watch a good movie, this is not first on the list.  If you want to see a movie for fun, this is a pretty good selection.
[right][post="143297"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I had a similar feeling about the movie. I didn't like how it started, but I thought it got better as it went on.

[b]FOUR BROTHERS[/b]

Just Saw this movie about a week ago and had not seen it mentioned yet. Very good very actiony and funny at some points. Long movie about 2.5 hours but all well worth it. I didnt see any parts of it that seemed to drag on and kept me on the edge the whole movie. Had a good twist to it at the end and ended on a good not which was very funny. So overall i give this movie a 9.7.

:afropic:

[quote name='Claptonrocks' date='Sep 8 2005, 04:26 AM']Im very critical of what hollywood spits out..
I rented a movie last nite called "CRASH"
Maybe some of you have seen it.. If not you should...
[right][post="144267"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

i was very close to renting that last night but ended up renting "taking lives" instead. this is a very good movies (plus you get to see angelia jolies tits). Its about a serial killer who assumes peoples identaties after he kills them. very suspensful, kinda predictable but still alot of plot twists. its a little slow picking up but once it gets going its very interesting.

Archived