Movie Review Thread

Jason

[quote name='tracenuts' date='Sep 8 2005, 09:54 AM']i was very close to renting that last night but ended up renting "taking lives" instead. this is a very good movies (plus you get to see angelia jolies tits). Its about a serial killer who assumes peoples identaties after he kills them. very suspensful, kinda predictable but still alot of plot twists. its a little slow picking up but once it gets going its very interesting.
[right][post="144313"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Taking Lives - good movie - in my DVD collection!

O L D B 0 Y

[img]http://www.dnevkino.ru/films-foto/films-oldboy.jpg[/img]

The players: Min Sik Choi. Directed by ChanWook Park, and no he's not a baseball pitcher.

The Skinny: This disk is subtitled, but also has an english dub track...I'd watch it subtitled.

A businessman finds him self locked up for fifteen years after a night of drinking. The majority of the picture follows Sik Choi as he tracks down the why....The fight scenes are visceral and stylish; (looks at hammer pic). Hell the entire movie drips with style..... There are some titties...The octopus scene..... The whole movie is straight up Kafka mindfuck, the type of picture that tarantino would make if he had some originality.

The ending is FUCKED, but i mean that in a good way.

Very good movie.

THE RIVER

[img]http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/DVDReviews10/the_river/the_river_PDVD_001menu.jpg[/img]
The players:.....Doubt you'd be familiar, i certainly wasn't...Directed by Jean Renoir

The skinny: The story of an English Family living and dying in India. Shot entirely in India, and one of the first pictures to be flimed in technicolor. The best and simplist way i could describe the picture would be to call it a meditation on the indian culture, notebly the hindu religion. This picture can take you to India without ever having to leave the couch.

Enchanting Movie.

Im going to review Big Trouble in Little China cause i just watched it.

Kurt Russell should have won numerous awards for his performance as a hillbilly truck driver that wore indian boots. Also there is no better character than a 1000 year old pervert that is able to transform into:

Lo Pan
[img]http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/images/lopan2.jpg[/img]

overall i give the movie a 9 out of 10 and the acting gets a cool 10 out of 10

I can't believe noone has mentioned Kung Fu Hustle. :D

Funny movie, lots of crazy shit. Check it out for a fun movie, foreign movie, subtitled, at least the version I saw. Not sure about an English dub or not.

Just got back from 40 year old Virgin with Steve Carell Funny movie kept you laughing the entire time. I Highly reccomend it.
[img]http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/universal_pictures/the_40_year_old_virgin/steve_carell/the40yearoldvirgin_bigfinal.jpg[/img]

• 3 weeks later...
[size=13] A History of Violence[/size]
[img]http://www.tribute.ca/tribute_objects/images/movies/a_history_of_violence/ahistoryofviolence1.jpg[/img]

The Players: Viggo Mortensen, Ed Harris, Maria Bello among others...also William Hurt. Directed by David Cronenberg.

The Skinny: A powerfull picture that deals with complex themes...love, hate, violence, revenge. Never easy subjects to deal with the film tiptoes the line well. Based upon a graphic novel by the same name the picture asks many questions and leaves much up to the audience especially near the end. You like some bloodshed in your films? It delivers in a realistic and unflinching manner. You like some get down, get on with your bad self dirty fucking on the steps? Yep it's in there! You like pictures that kick around in your head long after you've left the theater? It does just that.

Excellent Film.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ThurmanMunster
i just saw, Saw 2. I thoguth this movie was amazing. Saw 1 was good but had a few holes in it, but was still quality. I think Saw 2 is simply amazing though. I wont give anything away, u just gotta go see it.

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='Nati Ice' post='177821' date='Oct 29 2005, 02:31 AM']i take it you reccommend saw2 then?

saw 1 pissed me off beyond belief... but i somehow still found it rather entertaining[/quote]

yes i recommend saw 2 definitly. Whats great is saw 1 was filmed in 18 days and they wrote it in 22 and Saw 2 was fimled in 25 days and they wrote it in 28. And for ur saw 1 comment there is a SOMEWHAT Spoiler to Saw 1 below....

I did get a little annoyed with the movie in all BUT the ending was so great that when he stood up i just smiled because it was fuckin GENIUS. i was in awe. Whats cool is the actor Toby had to lay there for 6 days while they filmed becasue they couldnt afford a dummy.

[size=18]"V for Vendetta"[/size] looks kick ass from the poster i've seen...

[img]http://vforvendetta.warnerbros.com/img/front_2_poster.jpg[/img]

[size=18] "People should not be afraid of their Governments, Governments should be afraid of their People."[/size]

So yep after i posted this i went an watched the trailer...i'd seen the graphic novel before and scanned through it...timely movie...Gave me the the Thought of "what if there was this militanly agnostic crusader who set about to disrupt a governments workings through chaos and terrorism...then i was like OH SHIT THERE ALREADY IS THIS GUY, He calls himself BLACK JESUS!!!LOL :lol: :blink:

Wierd how the comics started in 1981, for a time then picked up again in 87 and finally Joel Silver and some Company of the Wachowski brothers are bringing it out now....TIMING IS EVERYTHING??

Natlie Portman is in the flick, and Hugo Weaving is "V"

[img]http://entimg.msn.com/i/150/ce/may2/hugoweaving_150x207.jpg[/img]

MR.ANDERSON....YOU CAN NOT MARRY ARA WEN!!

:headbang:

Guest Bengal_Smoov
[quote name='Homer_Rice' post='156020' date='Sep 24 2005, 01:55 PM']Saw The Constant Gardener last night. Good production values--photography and editing, and a good story with some truthfulness to it. If you like spook/political movies, this one is a definite must.[/quote]

I wanted to see "Gardener" Saturday night but it was all sold out, so I was saw "History of Violence" instead.

History was a waste, imo. It moved to slow and they didn't develop the characters or the script enough. Considering all the crap movies that come out nowadays it wasn't one of the worst movies I've seen but I wouldn't rush to go see it. I did like the realistic violence, they actually showed what it would look like if you shot someone in the head, etc...

[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' post='179341' date='Oct 31 2005, 11:10 AM'][quote name='Homer_Rice' post='156020' date='Sep 24 2005, 01:55 PM']
Saw The Constant Gardener last night. Good production values--photography and editing, and a good story with some truthfulness to it. If you like spook/political movies, this one is a definite must.[/quote]

I wanted to see "Gardener" Saturday night but it was all sold out, so I was saw "History of Violence" instead.

History was a waste, imo. It moved to slow and they didn't develop the characters or the script enough. Considering all the crap movies that come out nowadays it wasn't one of the worst movies I've seen but I wouldn't rush to go see it. I did like the realistic violence, they actually showed what it would look like if you shot someone in the head, etc...
[/quote]

I'm sorry you thought it was a waste... :(

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='179302' date='Oct 31 2005, 10:16 AM']^i agree, and i love that quote... its made me watch the preview like 100 times already

[url="http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/wb/v_for_vendetta/hd/"]http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/wb/v_for_vendetta/hd/[/url][/quote]

:thumbsup:

Thats right up my alley! Hot chics, and lots of BOOM! Ill be seeing that one...

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='177823' date='Oct 29 2005, 01:58 AM'][quote name='Nati Ice' post='177821' date='Oct 29 2005, 02:31 AM']
i take it you reccommend saw2 then?

saw 1 pissed me off beyond belief... but i somehow still found it rather entertaining[/quote]

yes i recommend saw 2 definitly. Whats great is saw 1 was filmed in 18 days and they wrote it in 22 and Saw 2 was fimled in 25 days and they wrote it in 28. And for ur saw 1 comment there is a SOMEWHAT Spoiler to Saw 1 below....

I did get a little annoyed with the movie in all BUT the ending was so great that when he stood up i just smiled because it was fuckin GENIUS. i was in awe. Whats cool is the actor Toby had to lay there for 6 days while they filmed becasue they couldnt afford a dummy.
[/quote]

saw 2 was one of the most well thought out movies ive seen in a long time.. it amazes me how someone could think up all the madness and twists in the movie. i loved saw 1 but saw 2 totally blows it out of the water. one of the best endings ive seen in a long time too

• 2 months later...

Archived