Bengals softening stance on Palmer? Raiders pushing ‘hard’ for Palmer trade

[quote name='beastmaster' timestamp='1318910056' post='1047081']
The place I work for is horribly managed and if I had several million in the bank I'd quit and move to California too. Let's just be honest with ourselves and admit we're mad that he has the freedom to leave a company he's disgruntled with.
[/quote]

Because that not why I am mad, if I am mad.

And moving to CA is kinda stupid, the way things are out here.

[quote name='Oldcat' timestamp='1318909960' post='1047077']

Good think the half dozen or so FAs we get here annually are all crazy. I like em that way.

He's allowed to not play. He's just not allowed to play for another NFL team.
[/quote]

Bengals free agents are usually guys that are one step away from being out of the league. All mike brown does is sign cast-offs and hooligans that have little to no other options than to come here.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1318909811' post='1047074']

Yeah, you don't want to take away the precious owners ability to bend players over and tear up their contracts, nobody wants to see the workers getting $$$. Bosses all the way.
[/quote]

If you guarantee contracts, you're in trouble. The NBA has shown that. There would be no league. The whole thing doesn't run on its own.

[quote name='beastmaster' timestamp='1318910206' post='1047085']

Bengals free agents are usually guys that are one step away from being out of the league. All mike brown does is sign cast-offs and hooligans that have little to no other options than to come here.
[/quote]

Clements, Howard, Lawson

#2 defense

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1318910219' post='1047086']
If you guarantee contracts, you're in trouble. The NBA has shown that. There would be no league. The whole thing doesn't run on its own.
[/quote]

NBA owners are in trouble because they give big contracts to the wrong players. They need protection from themselves. You can't become un-stupid, I guess non-guaranteed contracts is the next best thing.

The NFL has raped for so long on all the tax excemptions, public $$$ for stadiums, free minor league training system and you still feel sorry for the owners? Child Fucking Please.

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1318910219' post='1047086']
[/quote]

Okay so if we can't guarantee contracts then people shouldn't get butthurt when a player holds out when he's being underpaid. There has to be fair and equitable treatment.

[quote name='beastmaster' timestamp='1318910206' post='1047085']

[/quote]

Yeah, whatever. Our FAs don't count, because I forgot about them in making my argument.

Jesus, Clements was he highest paid Cornerback in history four years ago. He played out a 40 million dollar contract.

[quote name='beastmaster' timestamp='1318910251' post='1047087']

If you had millions you wouldn't care about that shit. All you're concerned about is the golfing weather.
[/quote]

Weather stank out here this year.

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1318910283' post='1047088']
Clements, Howard, Lawson

#2 defense
[/quote]

All of those guys were RUN out of their respective towns. Their teams didn't want them. Those guys are the very definition of grabbing shit off the garbage heap. We don't even have to stop there. Remember Benson was run out of Chicago? Nobody wanted Pac-man... Dude you can't even pretend like this is a FA destination.

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1318910283' post='1047088']
Clements, Howard, Lawson

#2 defense
[/quote]

While that's awesome, let's not start sucking each other's dick's quite yet. Let's revisit at the end of the season to measure how awesome soP's FA abilities are.

[quote name='beastmaster' timestamp='1318910467' post='1047094']

All of those guys were RUN out of their respective towns. Their teams didn't want them. Those guys are the very definition of grabbing shit off the garbage heap. We don't even have to stop there. Remember Benson was run out of Chicago? Nobody wanted Pac-man... Dude you can't even pretend like this is a FA destination.
[/quote]

Yeah, don't get confused by all those FAs. They aren't there, and you didn't see them.

Stay tuned tomorrow where we trash MB for not signing enough FAs.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1318910320' post='1047089']
NBA owners are in trouble because they give big contracts to the wrong players. They need protection from themselves. You can't become un-stupid, I guess non-guaranteed contracts is the next best thing.

The NFL has raped for so long on all the tax excemptions, public $$$ for stadiums, free minor league training system and you still feel sorry for the owners? Child Fucking Please.
[/quote]

It's not like a guy just gets money thrown at him just for showing up to the arena. They showed some sort of skill somewhere. If one guy doesn't chance it, someone else will. If they unguarantee the contracts, then the owners are cheap ass holes who cut players without paying. They can't win.

I don't feel sorry for them. I'm just pointing out that no matter what they do, you'll still have people that hate because they love hating.

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1318910785' post='1047098']
It's not like a guy just gets money thrown at him just for showing up to the arena. They showed some sort of skill somewhere. If one guy doesn't chance it, someone else will. If they unguarantee the contracts, then the owners are cheap ass holes who cut players without paying. They can't win.

I don't feel sorry for them. I'm just pointing out that no matter what they do, you'll still have people that hate because they love hating.
[/quote]

That's not true. I would like the owners a helluva lot more if they guaranteed the contracts. It's not the players fault GM's are irresponsible and can't control themselves.

[/quote]

You seem to be an idiot. This team is 4-2 and you act like we're 0-6. You're taking a handful of players and making a generalization about the whole team. Give these rookies some credit or just go back to MBS.com

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1318910900' post='1047101']

That's not true. I would like the owners a helluva lot more if they guaranteed the contracts. It's not the players fault GM's are irresponsible and can't control themselves.
[/quote]

No you wouldn't. In your warped mind the employees should make more than the employers but bare none of the risk.

[quote name='Oldcat' timestamp='1318910651' post='1047097']

Yeah, don't get confused by all those FAs. They aren't there, and you didn't see them.

Stay tuned tomorrow where we trash MB for not signing enough FAs.
[/quote]

I'm not trashing mike brown for not signing enough FAs. Actually I'm amazed that people even want to come stay in this dysfunctional house (again most are here because they didn't have much of an option). I'm trashing mike brown for creating an environment that is not going to promote good attitudes from players and fans. Palmer used to be captain badass for this team and you're all so quick to shit on him now. When I saw he was retiring I thought "Hell yeah our fanbase is gonna be super pissed at mike brown now!" What does it mean when the team captain, who sat quietly through all the bullshit, finally gets fed up with mike brown's bullshit?

And Palmer is at fault? smh...

[/quote]

Signing top FA's (top per ESPN, let's not act like we've seen every guy play every snap - no matter how "well known" he is) has really worked out for Philadelphia.

The guys that were let go have new coaches with new regimes. Harbaugh, Jackson. They want the players that "fit their system". Just because they weren't thought to have it their system doesn't mean they wouldn't fit ours. So far so good in Cincinnati.

[quote name='beastmaster' timestamp='1318910327' post='1047090']

Okay so if we can't guarantee contracts then people shouldn't get butthurt when a player holds out when he's being underpaid. There has to be fair and equitable treatment.
[/quote]

When was the last time that happened in Cincinnati?

[quote name='OneHeartBeat' timestamp='1318910911' post='1047102']

You seem to be an idiot. This team is 4-2 and you act like we're 0-6. You're taking a handful of players and making a generalization about the whole team. Give these rookies some credit or just go back to MBS.com
[/quote]

I'm not acting like the team is 0-6 but if you can't acknowledge that they haven't accomplished dick yet then you're delusional. All they've done so far is moved away from the #1 pick next year.

[quote name='OneHeartBeat' timestamp='1318911044' post='1047104']

No you wouldn't. In your warped mind the employees should make more than the employers but bare none of the risk.
[/quote]

In the entertainment industry, yes I do feel that way. The entertainers are why we watch the game. Nobody is watching the Bengals because of Mike Brown or the orange and black helmets. The talent = the product in the entertainment world.

They should get a cut for organizing everything, maybe 10% like agents get. That's still a shit load of money. I love the players, they are the league.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1318911300' post='1047109']

In the entertainment industry, yes I do feel that way. The entertainers are why we watch the game. Nobody is watching the Bengals because of Mike Brown or the orange and black helmets. The talent = the product in the entertainment world.

They should get a cut for organizing everything, maybe 10% like agents get. That's still a shit load of money. I love the players, they are the league.
[/quote]

If you think that entertianers get the bulk of the money in the biz your are pretty naive.

[quote name='beastmaster' timestamp='1318911415' post='1047110']

That's been more of an issue elsewhere but I've certainly heard rants about how Palmer should honor his contract since he signed on the dotted line.
[/quote]

Which has nothing to do with him being overpaid or underpaid. Nice try changing the subject again.

[quote name='Oldcat' timestamp='1318911438' post='1047111']

If you think that entertianers get the bulk of the money in the biz your are pretty naive.
[/quote]

I didn't say they did, I said they should. Metallica should make most of the $$$ for selling out the stadiums and millions of albums. I'm glad there is internet now taking away power from record label bastards. If someone would kill off TicketMaster, I'd be a happy man.

[quote name='OneHeartBeat' timestamp='1318911044' post='1047104']

[/quote]

NFL owners bare risk? WTF planet are you from????
Have you ever heard of revenue sharing? And then consider how the cities subsidize the risk from the owners.

The players bare 100% of the risk. Risk of not being able to walk at the age of 40. The risk of not remembering their children after that 8th concussion. The players are the league.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1318911547' post='1047112']

I didn't say they did, I said they should. Metallica should make most of the $$$ for selling out the stadiums and millions of albums. I'm glad there is internet now taking away power from record label bastards. If someone would kill off TicketMaster, I'd be a happy man.
[/quote]

So football should be more like a thing that doesn't exist. Gotcha.

Archived