Bengals softening stance on Palmer? Raiders pushing ‘hard’ for Palmer trade

Beastmaster, I forget we are on a George Bush slurping board where everyone here loves corporations, we might as well save our precious chats.

I'm done for today, I've got to go study for my exam on how to manipulate currencies and shit and make money off of other people's work.

[quote name='Oldcat' timestamp='1318911485' post='1047111']

If you think that entertianers get the bulk of the money in the biz your are pretty naive.

Which has nothing to do with him being overpaid or underpaid. Nice try changing the subject again.
[/quote]

I'm not changing the subject, it's just a different area of an argument that people make for why Palmer should be here.
My point was "honoring" your contract is bullshit when the owners don't honor contracts. If a player is sitting out because they feel underpaid or if they're disgruntled with team management it shouldn't matter. The contract point is just asinine.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1318911871' post='1047116']
Beastmaster, I forget we are on a George Bush slurping board where everyone here loves corporations, we might as well save our precious chats.

I'm done for today, I've got to go study for my exam on how to manipulate currencies and shit and make money off of other people's work.
[/quote]

Maybe that is the problem but its clear that folks on this board get butthurt way too easily when somebody tries to reason with them or bring them back to Earth. Half of them probably don't believe in gravity so you're probably right though.

Once again, by quoting trolls like sois and beastmaster, you all are defeating the purpose of my using the "ignore" function.

I beg of the community...if you are not going to similarly ignore them, or starve them of attention by not responding to them, can you at least not quote the trolls in your responses?

[quote name='beastmaster' timestamp='1318911078' post='1047105']

I'm not trashing mike brown for not signing enough FAs. Actually I'm amazed that people even want to come stay in this dysfunctional house (again most are here because they didn't have much of an option). I'm trashing mike brown for creating an environment that is not going to promote good attitudes from players and fans. Palmer used to be captain badass for this team and you're all so quick to shit on him now. When I saw he was retiring I thought "Hell yeah our fanbase is gonna be super pissed at mike brown now!" What does it mean when the team captain, who sat quietly through all the bullshit, finally gets fed up with mike brown's bullshit?

And Palmer is at fault? smh...
[/quote]

Palmer QUIT because his Wife hates Cincy. She was pregnant and left with their 2 year old twins
in November, vowing to never return. Carson can QUIT because MB made him the highest paid
player in the NFL after starting for only 2 years and 3 years after being drafted.

Right after MB made Carson THE HIGHEST PAID IN THE NFL, he locked up both of his Pro Bowl
caliber Tackles, his Pro Bowl caliber WRs, the Franchise yardage holder RB and drafted a stud O-lineman.
Plus he kept players Palmer lobbied for like Kenny Watson and Reggie Kelly. He also brought in WRs that
Carson lobbied for like Coles, Bryant and TO.

Carson himself touted the 2010 team as a Super Bowl contender. He said there was no excuse.
Then he goes out and throws a career high INTs, gets booed, has trash thrown on his lawn, has
his Wife leave Cincy vowing to never return, quits and points the finger at everyone but himself.

So yeah, it is his fault. Fuck the quitter.

[quote name='beastmaster' timestamp='1318911875' post='1047117']

I'm not changing the subject, it's just a different area of an argument that people make for why Palmer should be here.
My point was "honoring" your contract is bullshit when the owners don't honor contracts. If a player is sitting out because they feel underpaid or if they're disgruntled with team management it shouldn't matter. The contract point is just asinine.
[/quote]

NFL Owners do honor all contracts.
Players are bound by years. Owners are bound by guaranteed money.
It's the system that they Colletively bargained on and agreed to.

[quote name='membengal' timestamp='1318933268' post='1047147']
Once again, by quoting trolls like sois and beastmaster, you all are defeating the purpose of my using the "ignore" function.

I beg of the community...if you are not going to similarly ignore them, or starve them of attention by not responding to them, can you at least not quote the trolls in your responses?
[/quote]

Sorry. I'll try not to let it happen again.

[quote name='membengal' timestamp='1318933268' post='1047147']

[/quote]

Ill take your advice as well. Its nauseating to read.

[b] [size=6]Bengals deny Carson Palmer trade rumors[/size][/b]

[b] [size=6]Lewis again downplays speculation[/size][/b]

[b]CINCINNATI -- [/b] At 4-2 and going into the bye week, the Bengals are well under the national radar when it comes to teams who have had surprising starts.

And in coach Marvin Lewis' world, that is perfectly fine.

"It doesn't matter where the radar is, all that matters is do you go out and do your job on Sunday," Lewis said Monday. "At the end of the year the best team gets to be there. And that is all that counts. Nothing else matters. People talking about you doesn't matter. If that wasn't proven a year ago, nothing was."

One of the remnants from last year and the past eight seasons remains firmly on the minds of most fans. With the trade deadline at 4 p.m. today and Yahoo! Sports reporting the Raiders have expressed an interest in Carson Palmer, indications still are that Palmer's not going anywhere..

On NFL Network Monday afternoon, Lewis was asked if there was any chance the Bengals would trade Palmer to the Raiders. His response was the same it has been since February - Palmer has retired and the team has moved on.

"I think our organization is very firm in the statement that Carson is, as everybody knows here, retired," Lewis said. "We have moved on and that's enough to be said because we don't need to make anymore headlines for any reason other than what we do on Sundays. That's the only thing that counts."

Besides Palmer being traded to a team that could win the AFC West - the Raiders are one game behind San Diego - Oakland has only $6 million in salary cap room left. Palmer's prorated salary works out to $6.9 million.

Another factor is that Oakland doesn't have a second-, third- or fourth-round pick next year.

(Click the link for the entire article)

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20111017/SPT02/110180342/Bengals-deny-Carson-Palmer-trade-rumors?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Bengals

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1318944240' post='1047193']

John Clayton was actually just commenting on how they're up this year. There's been 3 in the last week.
[/quote]
3!!! Dang that is epic! Still, I can't see it getting done in 48 hours which is basically when Campbell went down for the Raiders.

EDIT: Wow, if this trade happens it would be an epic moment for the Bengals. Kinda puts me in a bind since the Raiders were my backup team growing up in New Orleans.

Archived