Stealers Application

BengalLady

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I thought that to be a Steelers' fan all you had to do was buy a hat at your local K-mart to replace the 49ers or Cowboys or Patriots or Colts or Saints hat you bought during those teams' bandwaggoning days. Then you need only act pompous and say "we" a lot when talking about the latest flavor-of-the-month team that you've never seen play live in person.

[quote name='AmishBengalFan' timestamp='1324005535' post='1075395']
I thought that to be a Steelers' fan all you had to do was buy a hat at your local K-mart to replace the 49ers or Cowboys or Patriots or Colts or Saints hat you bought during those teams' bandwaggoning days. Then you need only act pompous and say "we" a lot when talking about the latest flavor-of-the-month team that you've never seen play live in person.
[/quote]

If my team's stadium was empty during a game as PBS was during the Bengals' last game, I'd probably be a little more careful of accusing other fanbases of "bandwaggoning". :P

[quote name='PutWittyNameHere' timestamp='1324051116' post='1075489']

If my team's stadium was empty during a game as PBS was during the Bengals' last game, I'd probably be a little more careful of accusing other fanbases of "bandwaggoning". :P
[/quote]

You're team's stadium was pretty empty a few years ago on a prime time game the year after your Seattle sb "win" when you guys were playing like ass that year.

It was still a sellout. Your fans can't even be bothered to go that far.

The last Steeler game to not sell out was in 1972. The last official count I've seen had the streak at 299 games in 2008. So, with playoffs, I'd estimate we're probably around 320-325 straight games now.

We also have a six year waiting list for season tickets.

I'd call that pretty impressive.

Archived