iPad question

[quote name='T-Dub' timestamp='1341810922' post='1138336']
Fuck Apple's proprietary "Dock" bullshit. It's called USB, how in hell does it not have one? Am I missing something? 3-5 times the cost of competing Android tablets and half the functionality. DGAF about the "retina" display, am I flying a damned Predator drone here? You say "starting in the Fall" they are opening up the SDK to people? That's great; meanwhile Android will have pushed another version or two, with all kinds of free apps in a competitive marketplace, without purposefully rendering current platforms obsolete. Don't even get me started on the bucket of fail that is iTunes.

Sorry, but I don't see the value in their whole clique-y, trendy fashionista business model. Their shit may be marginally better, but not enough to justify the wildly inflated price, let alone the cultish devotion to a brand. I'm buying hardware, not a frickin' iHandbag.

:hunter:

/rant
[/quote]

since everyone else already shat on everything, wth are you going to do with a standard or micro USB on the ipad anyway? you can buy knock off chargers just as cheap as micro's, i guess if you want to chrge a bunch of shit in the same place, but you cant do many at once, so still the adapter doesnt seem to be an issues either way..

my phone, tablet, and mp3 player all use the same connector. so its really a non issue..

the rest of the comments just seem like you havent actually researched anything.. like at all..any decent tablet is $500. unless being subsidized by a wireless contract or something.and there isnt a tablet on the planet that does "twice as much shit" as an ipad...

sounds like some bitter grudge...

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1341678453' post='1138107']
does anyone have this AV cord? Does it literally just project your iPad screen on to your TV like it would for a laptop or portable dvd player?

Don't see why it wouldn't work that way, just want to make sure I'll be able to display my apps on the tv, particularly my netflix app before I spend $40 on it.

[url="http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC748ZM/A?fnode=MTc0MjU4NjE"]http://store.apple.c...ode=MTc0MjU4NjE[/url]
[/quote]

cord arrived yesterday. Interesting disparity in what it displays and doesn't display. Works great for the Netflix and Youtube apps. Haven't tried yet but assume it will work for the TV station apps (ABC, TNT, etc) as well.

Doesn't show video for games, but plays the audio. Likewise, won't show the internet (safari), but will play the audio of any video you play on the internet. Also doesn't display your desktop.

Basically ALL audio, some video.

Archived