How much vacation do you get?

CincyInDC

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1345864166' post='1150962']
i have been at my urrent employer for 6-7 years, we only get 3 "office closed" holidays, xmas, easter, and thanksgiving, but we get holiday pay for working every other known holiday, and black friday counts as a holiday for holiday pay.

you gain days by tenure, at this point, i get 5 weeks vacation, and 5 "floating holidays"(basically more free vacation days, just need to be planned, but so does vacation, soo....) and i carry over a week each year cause i cant manage to take it all..

this year i had a pool of 7 weeks of days off to take... i am taking 6 total... i took a week off in jan, feb, march, taking a week in september and october... and a weeks worth of random days in between.
[/quote]

I am a lowly union firefighter... after 13 years I get three weeks vacation.... lol

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' timestamp='1346522093' post='1153723']
I am a lowly union firefighter... after 13 years I get three weeks vacation.... lol
[/quote]

we're hiring, j/k

my brother in laws brother (whats that make him to me?!?) is a firefighter, the other one is a cop, the other one is a police officer, he is a software salesman, im a loser in comparison to them all.. *sad face*

but i get a metric ton of vacation time. which is necessary to not hang yourself at my job...

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1346519438' post='1153711']
i thought by law men got 2 weeks here....paid... at least thats what my job offers to dads... moms get 6 weeks paid then can take vaca after that if they wish
[/quote]

[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parental_leave#Americas"]Not so much.[/url]

Not sure about CO, but most states don't guarantee any leave, and the benefit blows goats compared to most other civilized countries...

[quote name='Elflocko' timestamp='1346536231' post='1153756']
[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parental_leave#Americas"]Not so much.[/url]

Not sure about CO, but most states don't guarantee any leave, and the benefit blows goats compared to most other civilized countries...
[/quote]

lame.. everywhere i have worked gives 2 paid weeks and up to 4 if you want to use vacation time..

ohio and colorado, tmobile and current job...

I get 2 weeks as a salaried engineer right out of college. I think that's pretty standard for folks like me. Of course, I burned em all before September.

If I had 7 weeks, I don't think I could string together a coherent project... I'd get a wild hair around 2pm every Thursday and decide to tell Friday to fuck off.

Archived