Adam Jones wins AFC special teams player of the week

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1348076674' post='1160075']
Funny that almost everyone on this board has been calling for Jones to return kicks since the end of last season, and now that he does, he returns one for a TD and wins an award.

Simmons what took you so long? :boese035:
[/quote]

it took jones being healthy.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1348076674' post='1160075']
Funny that almost everyone on this board has been calling for Jones to return kicks since the end of last season, and now that he does, he returns one for a TD and wins an award.

Simmons what took you so long? :boese035:
[/quote]
I wish he'd return kicks.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1348078443' post='1160080']

it took jones being healthy.
[/quote]

If that was true then why wasn't he returning punts in the preseason and week 1? I say after the first week debauchery by Tate they finally decided to transplant Jones to the punt return team. In my opinion I think they will be phasing out Tate all together on special teams. Jones will be given every chance this year to earn a spot on next years team. I can see at least one more TD from Jones, whether it is punt return, kickoff return, or defensive touchdown. The guy has a nose of finding the ball and getting into the endzone. He's a poor man's Ed Reed when it comes to that kind of stuff. Don't get confused by that statement, he IS NOT Ed Reed.

Hell move the guy into the slot wide receiver spot. Can you imagine a team trying to cover Hawkins, Green, and Jones?

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1348079182' post='1160084']
If that was true then why wasn't he returning punts in the preseason and week 1? I say after the first week debauchery by Tate they finally decided to transplant Jones to the punt return team.
[/quote]

wow, does this really need answering?

Jones missed the last 3 preseason games due to injury and played very limitedly against the Ravens while still recovering.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1348079281' post='1160085']
wow, does this really need answering?

Jones missed the last 3 preseason games due to injury and played very limitedly against the Ravens while still recovering.
[/quote]

If it didn't answering then why did you answer?

:265:

Archived