Current bengals and top combine performances

The front page article claiming Moch ran a 4.3 forty at 270 lbs made me laugh, but it also got me looking at some of the top NFL combine performances of all time. I was surprised to see a few current Bengals show up on the top performance lists.

Different sires have different numbers so i will always try to link the sites I am getting this stuff from.

first from [url="http://www.topendsports.com/sport/gridiron/nfl-draft-results-top.htm"]http://www.topendsports.com/sport/gr...esults-top.htm[/url]

These results are from 1999 to present and are among all players

10 yard split time from the forty yard dash..Cedric Peerman '09...[b]FIRST [/b](1.40)

Short shuttle...Jason Allen '06 and Terrance Newman '03...tied for Fifth (3.83)

3 cone drill...Leon Hall '07...Tenth (6.50)

.................................................. .................................................. ..................................

NFL.com lists the best performances since '06 and here are the current Bengals who have finished among the top 15 in their position group among all players combined over that seven year period

[b][u]FORTY YARD DASH[/u][/b]

D-line....Manny Lawson...[b]FIRST[/b] (4.43), Dontay Moch...2nd (4.44)
LB.........Thomas Howard...2nd (4.42)
Safety...Taylor Mays...4th (4.43), Reggie Nelson...10th (4.48)
QB........Bruce Gradkowski...13th (4.59)....this is the same time as Cam Newton

[b][u]BENCH PRESS[/u][/b]

RB........Brian Leonard...7th (28), Cedric Peerman...13th (27)
WR.......Marvin Jones...7th (22)
TE.........Orson Charles...[b]FIRST[/b] (35)..rep points for anyone who knows what ex-Bengal is second with 34 reps
Safety...Taylor Mays...7th (24)

[b][u]VERTICAL JUMP[/u][/b]

D-line.....Dontay Moch... [b]FIRST[/b] (42"), MannyLawson....6th (39.5"), Michael Johnson...10th (38.5")
Safety....Taylor Mays...4th (41")
RB.........Cedric Peerman...7th (40")

[b][u]BROAD JUMP[/u][/b]

Safety.....Taylor Mays...10th (10'5"), George Iloka...14th (10'4"), Robert Sands...14th (10'4")
D-line......Michael Johnson...2nd (10'8"), Dontay Moch...2nd (10'8"), Manny Lawson...7th (10'4")
LB...........Thomas Howard...11th (10'4")
CB...........Jason Allen...9th (10'11")
O-line......Andrew Whitworth...7th (9'4")

[b][u]3 CONE DRILL[/u][/b]

CB.........Leon Hall...2nd (6.50)
D-line.....Manny Lawson...9th (6.90)

[b][u]SHORT SHUTTLE[/u][/b]

RB.........Dan Herron...4th (4.04), Bernard Scotts...9th (4.08)
Safety....George Iloka...4th (4.03), Robert Sands...5th (4.06)
D-line.....Manny Lawson...9th (4.18)
CB.........Jason Allen...[b]FIRST[/b] (3.81)

[b][u]LONG SHUTTLE[/u][/b]

LB.........Thomas Howard...3rd (11.22)
D-line....Manny Lawson...[b]FIRST[/b] (11.08)
Safety...Robert Sands...7th (11.20)

To me the biggest surprises in these number are the performances of Sands and Iloka in the short shuttle and broad jump. there are a lot of smaller, faster safeties that I would have assumed would be faster in the short shuttle.

also didn't have any idea Gradkowski had such blazing speed.

[quote name='IKOTA' timestamp='1349881010' post='1168572']
I remember Chad and TJ talking about how he was one of the, if not the strongest dudes on the team at the time. He was chiseled...[u][b]makes sense that he had hands of stone[/b][/u].
[/quote]

:lmao: [size=4][font=georgia, serif]That's funny.[/font][/size]

I remember Chad and TJ talking about how he was one of the, if not the strongest dudes on the team at the time. He was chiseled...makes sense that he had hands of stone.
[/quote]

I wonder if team mates called him 'Featherstone.'

I remember Chad and TJ talking about how he was one of the, if not the strongest dudes on the team at the time. He was chiseled...makes sense that he had hands of stone.
[/quote]

BTW, Coats also likes to listen to rock 'n roll (especially the Stones), and his US two favorite destinations are Boulder, CO and Pebble Beach. And outside of the US, he wants to visit Stonehenge, and eat at the Hard Rock in London.

[quote name='texbengal' timestamp='1349954078' post='1168795']
BTW, Coats also likes to listen to rock 'n roll (especially the Stones), and his US two favorite destinations are Boulder, CO and Pebble Beach. And outside of the US, he wants to visit Stonehenge, and eat at the Hard Rock in London.
[/quote]

Hahahahaha nice

• 2 weeks later...

Archived