Miami Heat Roster

Holy crap, have you seen the Miami Heat roster lately? Of course everyone knows the big 3, Wade, Bosh, and LeBron, but did you know they got Ray Allen, Shane Battier, Rashard Lewis, and Mario Chalmers? That's not to mention they still have Udonis Haslem and Mike Miller still. I haven't watch the NBA much in a long time. I used to be a big Pistons fan back in the Bad Boys era, but I can't remember any NBA team this deep in a LONG time. The Lakers and the Celtics are about as close as it gets.

Ray Allen, Shane Battier and Rashard Lewis are at the tail end of their careers. They are nothing more than role players at best. Mike Miller is always hurt and misses a bunch of games. The Heat are a three man team with Chalmers thrown in. They are still the best team in the East but I would not say they are one of the deepest teams in a long time.

The NBA season will come down to three teams this year. The Thunder, Lakers, and Heat.

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1350056626' post='1169296']
Ray Allen, Shane Battier and Rashard Lewis are at the tail end of their careers. They are nothing more than role players at best. Mike Miller is always hurt and misses a bunch of games. The Heart are a three man team with Chalmers thrown in. They are still the best team in the East but I would not say there are one of the deepest teams in a long time.

The NBA season will come down to three teams this year. The Thunder, Lakers, and Heat.
[/quote]

I just think you will see a pretty good year out of Battier. He has been the focus point on a lot of the teams has played on up to this point. Now he can just go out and play and not worry about carrying the team.

Mike Miller is barely upright.

Chalmers was the key for that team last season. Everyone knows what you get from James, Bosh, & Wade. Chalmers played so well in the finals. Very impressive. He did all of the little things.

But yeah, all of those other guys are playing for a final paycheck.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1350059145' post='1169314']
Mike Miller is barely upright.

Chalmers was the key for that team last season. Everyone knows what you get from James, Bosh, & Wade. Chalmers played so well in the finals. Very impressive. He did all of the little things.

But yeah, all of those other guys are playing for a final paycheck.
[/quote]

A starting 5 of C-Bosh, PF-Battier, SF-LeBron, SG-Wade, and PG-Chalmers with Ray Allen coming off the bench at guard and Haslem and Miller coming off the bench at forward is pretty sick, any way you look at it.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1350059707' post='1169317']
Battier sucks, he is super old.
[/quote]

He was drafted the same year as Pau Gasol, Gilbert Arenas, Tony Parker, and Tyson Chandler. The only thing ugly and old about Battier is his nasty wrinkle head. His head looks like Scottie Pippin's used to.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1350060082' post='1169321']
He was drafted the same year as Pau Gasol, Gilbert Arenas, Tony Parker, and Tyson Chandler. The only thing ugly and old about Battier is his nasty wrinkle head. His head looks like Scottie Pippin's used to.
[/quote]

Um, he's like four years older than those dudes, he was a four year seniour while someone like Chandler came from HS. Draft year means nothing. He was total garbage last season. He was never all that great either. All those dudes you mentioned at least had glorious primes.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1350060695' post='1169324']
Um, he's like four years older than those dudes, he was a four year seniour while someone like Chandler came from HS. Draft year means nothing. He was total garbage last season. He was never all that great either. All those dudes you mentioned at least had glorious primes.
[/quote]

I will agree that his NBA career isn't what many thought it would be, but by far he is a good role player for Miami. They only play with one ball right? So you can't have a whole team of superstars. The salary cap prevents that.

He has been a role player, I don't know about good. He's not all that fast at his age to guard any 3's, he doesn't rebound well enough to guard 4's, all he is good for is sitting on the perimeter and jacking up 3's when James and Wade create off the dribble. That's a pretty damn easy job that most swingmen could do. Hell, Mike Miller did it well despite not being able to walk.

No coincidence Shane comes in, is the greatest role player in the world and they win the ship.

All the guy does is win: He is the F'in man!

[center][img]http://img.printstown.com/sportingnews/2001_04_09_SHANE_BATTIER_LARGE.JPG[/img][/center]

Miami could use JJ and Kyrie. They would be SUPER good then.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1350076667' post='1169447']
I like JJ. He's stuck on probably the worst team in the NBA this season though.
[/quote]
Me too.

He's the man. Was sensational in college.

• 2 weeks later...
battier is old and fucking worthless...

rashard lewis and ray allen are the big additions, veteran, finals veterans, and diabolical shooters. i went to the magic celtics playoffs, the magic cavs eastern conf finals and the magic-lakers finals. rashard lewis is deadly shooter.

the Heat got EVERYTHING they needed. they had wade and lebron and some decent shooters, they added deadly shooters, can you imagine wade or lebron driving and kicking to wide open allen and lewis?

game over..

the finals are 100% Heat vs Lakers. unless major injuries happen, the lakers will smash the thunder in the end(again, unless injuries happen). and unless kobe gets younger, the heat will beat the lakers. if the heat lose a big man or two, it may be a toss up... but i hate lebron but have to admit, the team assembled is deadly..

health, as always, will be the true deciding factor..

this is a year i just hope the nuggets can get t the second round of the playoffs somehow so I can enjoy the action live...

Howard, Kobe, and Gasol is a pretty good group of players as well. The Lakers are built more on scoring on the drive and in the paint. I'm not sure if the Heat have enough down low defense to stop the Lakers, but the Heat have more quality players to stay fresh and rested.

Kobe is geting old, i watched him in person against the nuggets 4 times last year, Gasol is older and very hot and cold shooting, he wasnt much of a factor last year honestly. Howard is fucking great, but if he isnt getting the ball or getting his way, he will pout and take plays off. not likely in the playoffs, but eh doesnt want to be in LA, and he doesnt want to play second fiddle to anyone... the lakers dont have any great outside shooters, at least not like the heat do. Lebron and Wade and lewis can drive against howard and possibly get him in foul trouble early, paving the way to putting up big points...

just my thinking on the two rosters..

[quote name='Dalton4HOF' timestamp='1350920464' post='1173678']
Kobe is geting old, i watched him in person against the nuggets 4 times last year, Gasol is older and very hot and cold shooting, he wasnt much of a factor last year honestly. Howard is fucking great, but if he isnt getting the ball or getting his way, he will pout and take plays off. not likely in the playoffs, but eh doesnt want to be in LA, and he doesnt want to play second fiddle to anyone... the lakers dont have any great outside shooters, at least not like the heat do. Lebron and Wade and lewis can drive against howard and possibly get him in foul trouble early, paving the way to putting up big points...

just my thinking on the two rosters..
[/quote]

There is a problem I've seen in the past, and I will be curious to see how much a difference Allen and Lewis make. The big 3 of of LeBron, Bosh, and Wade is rarely hot at the same time. Also, from what I have heard and read, the Heat's head coach sucks.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1350930603' post='1173743']
Why do y'all think Battier is awesome? He is mediocre. Tell me some criteria of why he is good in your eyes.
[/quote]

It's just Duke fans that are hyping him up. He was great at Duke and those fans don't want to admit he has been average in the NBA.

Archived