Ten (Non-1st Round Guys) You Like for the Bengals in the Draft

While the first round is important, obviously, I think the best teams tend to find "gold" later on in the draft. So, since I'm bored guessing when Andre and Harrison sign here (or not), I thought I'd start this thread. Here are 10 guys I like who aren't in the first round conversations from talking heads, aren't "big names" (like Honey Badger), and could fit for the Bengals. 

There are a lot of guys I liked - these are just some that have jumped out at me over the last year, and more recently with Combine, etc. 

RB - Jonathan Franklin, UCLA - can do everything. Not a speed guy, but is shifty enough, catches well, will block, and is also a great ST player. 

RB - Theo Riddick, Notre Dame - has some wiggle, tough kid. Late round guy. 

FB - Kyle Juszczyk, Harvard - versatile, tough guy who's pretty athletic, too. One of those Swiss army knife kind of guys that helps you win games. Plus, he has 2 zs in his last name. Very cool. 

WR - Tavarres King, GA - Long and lean, has deep speed. Probably needs to add weight, but I like the way he plays. 

WR - Quinton Patton, La Tech - really attacks the ball a la Steve Smith, can get deep, very productive against big-time competition.

DE - Devin Taylor, South Carolina - a Carlos Dunlap starter set - very tall, huge wingspan, tests out as a very good athlete

LB - DeVonte Holloman, South Carolina - former safety, physical, always around the ball. A 3-down LB. 

LB - Sio Moore, UConn - Seems to be a leader, strong at the point of attack, athletic.

CB - Jordan Poyer, OSU - playmaker, leader. Very smart player.

CB/S - Dwayne Gratz, UConn - really impressed me at the Combine with how fluid he was. 3-year starter at CB, really good size, very fast... he's physical and I think he could be a solid safety, too. 

Archived