NBA Playoffs

Anyone watch any of this yet?

Caught the Denver/GS game and Andre Miller put on a clinic yesterday. Watched the Clippers put down Memphis. I don't like how the announcers mentioned it every posession, but Griffin and Randolph were battling good. I've never been a Randolph fan for some reason. Checking out this Heat/Bucks now. Miami has scored a lot of points but since a few minutes left in the first it seems like they can't get their offense going. I'm rooting for the upset!

He isn't coming back. I don't know how he feels so I can't say too much but dude... your team is in the playoffs!! He doesn't seem like a guy who would play if it risked anything. Ron Artest... now that's impressive though he is a little strange.

Rose isn't coming back.  Unless maybe if they get to the finals. 

Love the NBA playoffs but haven't watched much, I am watching the Heat game now though.  They're looking good...Wade's gotta step his game up in the playoffs.  As I say that...Wade hits a shot.  Boom. 

Bucks don't stand a chance. They have no inside game at all. Their guards are good but they're not team guards either. Off he dribble and go... which is okay if you're LeBron James.

My favorite so far has been watching LA Clippers. Very team oriented ball.

Bucks don't stand a chance. They have no inside game at all. Their guards are good but they're not team guards either. Off he dribble and go... which is okay if you're LeBron James.

Good analysis sir.  They just don't have anyone who can match up with LeBron.  Either go with Mbah a Moute for defensive purposes and then you are playing 3 on 5 (Mbah a Moute and Sanders are worthless on O) or go with Tobias Harris and Dunleavy and get smoked on defense.  

He isn't coming back. I don't know how he feels so I can't say too much but dude... your team is in the playoffs!! He doesn't seem like a guy who would play if it risked anything. Ron Artest... now that's impressive though he is a little strange.

I understand because it is ooodles of money he is owed and what the bulls are paying him.  Chicago fans are probably kind of sad though.  Two years of playoffs without their best players.

Good analysis sir.  They just don't have anyone who can match up with LeBron.  Either go with Mbah a Moute for defensive purposes and then you are playing 3 on 5 (Mbah a Moute and Sanders are worthless on O) or go with Tobias Harris and Dunleavy and get smoked on defense.  

I'm not a Dunleavy fan. If he can set up shop and just shoot, yeah, he is probably okay. I don't think he does well on the move.

In the OKC/Houston game I thought maybe Harden could pull one out his butt but it's not happening. Lin can't shoot, Harden is more of a driver, get in the lane, or elbow guy. The big C guy, Hasik or whatever his name is, he can't keep up with the speed of the slashing Westbrook or Durant. He's just so terribly slow.

I didn't realize how big a baby Marc Gasol was before the first game this series. Dude complained after every call. And plus, you can tell he doesn't work out very much... bothers me. I guess I expect professionals to be in tip top shape! :)

Westbrook is the fastest dude in the world, he is unstoppable.  Uncoverable.  Jeremy Lin can't even dream of covering him, but not many can.  

Harden will probably pull one out, but it will be on a day Durant has a bad shooting performance.

Asik is a stud, he can hang with Perkins, but if they go small and he has to guard Ibaka, he might be out of luck.  

Marc Gasol and Z-Bo are awesome.

Westbrook is the fastest dude in the world, he is unstoppable.  Uncoverable.  Jeremy Lin can't even dream of covering him, but not many can.  

Harden will probably pull one out, but it will be on a day Durant has a bad shooting performance.

Asik is a stud, he can hang with Perkins, but if they go small and he has to guard Ibaka, he might be out of luck.  

Marc Gasol and Z-Bo are awesome.

I really don't like watching Perkins. I love how the guy is the team go to in terms of issues and problems and whatnot, but he was not made to hold a basketball. He should have been an OT. I loved rooting for OKC and Memphis last year for some reason but now I am liking the Clippers a lot.

I was rooting for the Lakers to make it but their guards suck balls right now and it's hard to watch. I know some people like Blake, but I don't. Nash has been hurt a lot and of course Kobe is out. I would just like to see the team do well without Kobe. Maybe it would show him that sometimes the 20 foot fade-a-way jumper is not always the answer. Kobe is still a stud but I'm just saying, if could probably average 12 assists a game if he tried to.

i was at the nuggets warriors game saturday. I am also going tomorrow night for game 2. 

the nuggets hit a rash of injuries in the past few weeks, Galinari is done for the year, he was a hell of a shooter, clutch and great from the free throw line, which is a big weakness on the team.

Faired is back for tomorrows game, he averages a double double essentially so that should help the rebound problems they had in game one.

Curry was 0-9 to start the game, that isnt likely to happen again, so the nuggets need to get a switch off/rotation system in place better than game 1 for Curry, thompson had about as good of a night as he ever will, so iexpect him to score a few less points. but Curry to get 30+ easy.

Lee is done for the year for the warrior, so the exit of Lee and the return of Faried should result in a 10-15 rebound 8-10 point swing. So its going to come down to limiting Curry the best they can. if they can take game 2 its over. the warriors might steal one in Oakland, but it should be a 5 game series at that point.

Andre Miller is old as shit, he is a good post up guard and makes smart decisions and is a good ball handler. 

Westbrook is a loose cannon, if he is on, he shoots 30 shots, if he is off, he shoots 35. he is sloppy with the ball and has some very selfish games, he cant make or break a game for the thunder any given night.. durant is one of the bost talented players ever, let alone talented big men.

the biggest thing that annoys me in the NBA right now is the pussy ass drawing of fouls by star players.. MJ, MAGIC, Bird, thomas, etc never had to swing their arms up into the defender to get a cheap foul call, the NBA at least started making all of those non-shooting fouls this year.. but its still a crock of shit..

cat stand blake griffin, he is a one trick pony, without an amazing guard he is a 15 point per game average player... CP3 is a great point guard..

• 3 weeks later...
I can't say I've watched GS before this at all so are they better with Lee out? Bogut is SLOW but seems to be a decent defender and will body up a little bit. Thompson and Curry... they're like a combined Carmelo Anthony. If they play well, GS wins (minus that meltdown the other day).

Memphis, even after trading Gay, are tough as nails. I don't like Randolph at all (could be one of those love to hate guys, I respect his willingness to bang. That's tough.).

More to come... work time

Curry is so fun to watch.  I love to watch pure scorers like that play.  He is crazy crafty and his jumper is so smooth.  It would be awesome to see G.State beat the Spurs.

I can't say I've watched GS before this at all so are they better with Lee out? Bogut is SLOW but seems to be a decent defender and will body up a little bit. Thompson and Curry... they're like a combined Carmelo Anthony. If they play well, GS wins (minus that meltdown the other day).

Memphis, even after trading Gay, are tough as nails. I don't like Randolph at all (could be one of those love to hate guys, I respect his willingness to bang. That's tough.).

More to come... work time

GS is better for some reason.  Probably because David Lee sucks at defense.  Harrison Barnes at the 4 is a real bitch to defend, so they kind of stumbled upon a good matchup versus the Spurs.  Thompson is a pure shooter but Curry is special.  Besides being a great shooter, he can create his own shots.  That's a rare combo.

Memphis is awesome, I love Z-Bo and Gasol, nobody remaining can guard those guys, except maybe Chicago.  Gay was not as good as his scoring numbers say, but he was able to score, I don't know that Memphis has anyone dependable who can create offense yet.  Conley has done pretty good so far.

Here's your deal for Memphis...

Gasol can knock down the long two. It forces the defense's big man out of the paint and to the perimeter. It can really open things up for slashing guards to the hole. They don't have any 7 footers in their way anymore.

And you may get your wish, JC. I've watched bothe games and GS has been in control of both. Now they go back home... it could be 3-1 real quick in favor of GS.

Pacers/Knicks.

I am convinced that Carmelo will never win a championship. There is no team in the guy at all. 1.9 assists per game in the playoffs. I can't stand watching the guy decide to take shots before he gets the ball. He'd be a tough one to coach.

I honestly think LeBron is saving himself. Get ready though cause Indiana had their # this year

Also, Carmelo is too selfish to ever win it all. The only way he wins is if he teams with a bunch of stars and they 1on1 it all the way to the championship.

In college, the smallest % ever makes it to the pros. Heck, tons of your talent is coming from overseas now. Carmelo COULD be great, but he chooses to be one dimensional and because of that he'll always shoot his way into the playoffs but never beat another franchise who plays team ball... like Indiana.

They've had a bad season with injuries for sure.

Charles Barkley said last night he thought it was going to be the most disappointing first round ever and I think I may agree.

Heat are going to demolish the Bucks. The Bucks shouldn't even be in the playoffs.
NY Knicks are going to destroy Boston.
Indiana and ATL - does it matter? Neither team will get through the next round.
Brooklyn and Chicago. Chicago is so jacked up I can't see them winning this one. I think Brooklyn may have your best chance of beating NY or MIA.

OKC vs Houston is going to get ugly. I'm thinking sweep.
San Antonio vs LA. If Manu and Parker are lights out, then LA is done. Their guards can't match the production. I am holding out for LA though... they need to play slow ball and get it to Howard and Gasol. Time for Gasol to shoot well.
Denver and GS. GS doesn't look good. They lost their big man. Pray for their two shooters to drain everything. I would never doubt Curry; could hit 40 any night.
LA and Memphis. Here's your best series of the playoffs. I'm really excited to see how Memphis responds. How about Paul and Billups coming off the floor but then Bledsoe and Crawford coming in... that would be upsetting as an opposing coach. There's your best back court in the league from top to bottom; by far.

I think I may have accidentally deleted this but I went back and found it... anyway, look to see how right and wrong you were - kinda fun.

I totally flopped that Indiana call. They're fun to watch. The best series still has been that LA/Memphis so far though IMO. My attitude towards the teams change so much. I wonder if Memphis would have been able to take OKC if Westbrook never got hurt.

• 2 weeks later...
and the Memphis big men met their match in Splitter, Duncan, and co. That was a quick series. It could have even so easily 2-2 right now but Memphis can't score when it has to.

This Pacers/Heat series is NUTS! Go Pacers!!

Archived