Warrick Out For Season

Warrick out for season

11-5-04, 3:15 p.m.

BY GEOFF HOBSON

Warrick: Injuries too much

The Bengals lost one of their most valuable players when they put wide receiver Peter Warrick on season-ending injured reserve Friday and promoted linebacker Larry Stevens from the practice squad to the active roster.

Warrick, who missed much of the spring camps and training camp with a rehabbing knee, suffered a small fracture in his fibula in the second game of the season, according to head coach Marvin Lewis. After a career year for catches (79), yards (819), and touchdowns (seven)last year, Warrick finished with just 11 catches for 127 yards and no touchdowns in the first two games.

Warrick played only the first few snaps of the third game and has missed three of the last four. He played about a dozen snaps in the Oct. 25 win over Denver.

And, Pro Bowl right tackle Willie Anderson isn't encouraged about playing Sunday after not practicing for the third straight day. But he is apparently holding off on having arthroscopic knee surgery. Lewis said Friday that after consulting with doctors inside and outside the team, Anderson might be able to wait until after the season.

"Willie wants to play," Lewis said. "We'll see."

Guest Bengal_Smoov
Pete's done and now Willie needs knee surgery?!?  Would someone please just shoot me in the head and get it over with...pretty please.  :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It does sound like the end of last season when Levi got hurt and it all went down hill. Fortunately we don't have too much further to go. Koostra is going to play on Sunday and I hope he has gotten 100% better than last year, because he sucked when he had to fill in for Levi. This is starting to be the season from hell.

Guest mongoloido
Pete's done and now Willie needs knee surgery?!?  Would someone please just shoot me in the head and get it over with...pretty please.  :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No way. I spend the entire off season wishing there was football. I'll take a battered Bengals anyday... Especially with that farce called the NBA starting up again.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 13 down, 40 to go. Yes folks, count `em. Thats 13 people on IR. Looking at our roster, it's counting Warrick (who isnt shown yet) and P-Johnson (who went to the Ravens).

Guest bengalrick
Now we can activate Broussard from the practice squad to take his place...

Does anyone know of any ex-Ravens/Redskins available.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<_<

if we would have put warrick on IR the last time he had a catch (first game) then we would have broussard and russell...

first huge mistake by marvin...

Guest Whodey420

Not like this team is gonna do anything this year anyways...It'll be interesting to see how Warrick plays next year though considering its the last year of his contract...I think I'd consult with some doctors to see how this injury is gonna heal exactly and if the prognosis is good I'd use it as leverage to see if he'd bite on re-doing his final year and extending it 2-3 yrs.....If he doesnt bite on that I'd think about dangling him as trade bait up until the draft. Just a thought anyways.

Now we can activate Broussard from the practice squad to take his place...

Does anyone know of any ex-Ravens/Redskins available.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Broussard is returning kicks for the Panthers now. Im happy for him but would love to have him here now.

Guest Bengal_Smoov
Broussard is returning kicks for the Panthers now. Im happy for him but would love to have him here now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sarcasim my friend, sarcasim

Guest BengalsOwn
Is Beckett still out from his concussion in week 1.  We have the slowest healing team in the NFL.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's very hard to recover from a concussion. I think Beckett has had more than one, making it even worse. I still feel the effects of my major concussion, and it's been almost 3 years. And the more concussions you have, the chances of getting another one increase.

Guest BengalsOwn
FYI, I said five weeks ago he broke his leg bone and would be out for the season. However, I don't want to be a I told you so. So, I won't.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just like Lapham said on the radio? Good job ;)

Not like this team is gonna do anything this year anyways...It'll be interesting to see how Warrick plays next year though considering its the last year of his contract...I think I'd consult with some doctors to see how this injury is gonna heal exactly and if the prognosis is good I'd use it as leverage to see if he'd bite on re-doing his final year and extending it 2-3 yrs.....If he doesnt bite on that I'd think about dangling  him as trade bait up until the draft.  Just a thought anyways.

i like this idea... however our #1 pick would have to be a WR if we trade him away.. unless of course it was for a tallented WR... which probably wont happen....

Archived