Custody Denied to Nazi-Naming Dad

Numbers

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Custody-Denied-to-Nazi-Naming-Dad-215154331.html

Custody Denied to Nazi-Naming Dad

Nazi+Dad+in+Court.jpg

A judge has denied custody to a father who came to court in a Nazi uniform to get back his youngest child.

A hearing was held last month at Hunterdon County Family Court in Flemington, N.J., to determine whether Heath Campbell, 40, who gave all four of his children Nazi-inspired names, could visit with his 2-year-old son Heinrich Hons.

The New Jersey Division of Youth and Family Services (NJ DYFS) said they took the boy because of previous violence in the home. An anonymous abuse claim was also made to local police.

The couple said they never abused their children and argued they were being targeted for the names they chose for their kids. Officials have denied that to be the case.

NJ DYFS officials had already placed Heinrich Hons Campbell's older siblings – Adolf Hitler Campbell, 7, JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell, 6, and 5-year-old Honzlynn Jeannie Campbell – in foster care because of the alleged violence in the family's Holland Township, N.J. home.

The Campbells gained national attention in December 2008 after a Greenwich Township, N.J., ShopRite supermarket refused to write Adolf Hitler Campbell’s name on a cake for his third birthday. The couple complained the refusal constituted discrimination.

A second store eventually honored their request, but the flap led NJ DYFS to start an investigation into the family.

The agency's investigation prompted a judge to remove the kids from the couple’s care.

Campbell says he will appeal Thursday’s decision.

ku_klux_klan_children.jpg

Kind of a tangent, but I look at that guy and wonder how they think dressing up like that is fundamentally any different from dressing up like, say, this:

my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony

I mean I obviously understand the historical context and all that but on a base level it's just some dork that's into an extra-shitty type of cosplay. You know he's thinking it transforms him into some hardass coldblooded Nazi SS dick. But, I mean, it just doesn't, no more than unitard up there has turned into a horse. Point being that at the end of the day he's still a douchebag playing dress up.

Kind of a tangent, but I look at that guy and wonder how they think dressing up like that is fundamentally any different from dressing up like, say, this:

my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony

I mean I obviously understand the historical context and all that but on a base level it's just some dork that's into an extra-shitty type of cosplay. You know he's thinking it transforms him into some hardass coldblooded Nazi SS dick. But, I mean, it just doesn't, no more than unitard up there has turned into a horse. Point being that at the end of the day he's still a douchebag playing dress up.

Except that the pink horse cosplay doesn't involve hate mongering and passing that on to impressionable youth, ya dink.

Except that the pink horse cosplay doesn't involve hate mongering and passing that on to impressionable youth, ya dink.

Yeah I get that, like I said.. But as far as what's going on in his own head when he dresses up like that? Dude thinks he's Erwin Rommel or some shit. Ridicule tends to be the most effective way of shaming people like that and the fact that cockbreath there is playing soldier is certainly worth a point-and-laugh.

Yeah I get that, like I said.. But as far as what's going on in his own head when he dresses up like that? Dude thinks he's Erwin Rommel or some shit. Ridicule tends to be the most effective way of shaming people like that and the fact that cockbreath there is playing soldier is certainly worth a point-and-laugh.

Completely agree.. And I am still glad he doesn't get to raise children.

The problem is if he is really a Nazi in his own head he could act like one toward you, pull a gun or other weapon and do some shaming of his own if you know what I mean. He's most likely a pussy, but so was Hitler and he fucked shit up pretty good by getting some legit bad ass mother fuckers to do his bidding. This guy is no Hitler but he deserves the same treatment and should be treated as an enemy of the state if you ask me. Hate groups and individuals that associate themselves with them either directly or on the fringes should forfeit their constitutional rights if you ask me.

The problem is if he is really a Nazi in his own head he could act like one toward you, pull a gun or other weapon and do some shaming of his own if you know what I mean. He's most likely a pussy, but so was Hitler and he fucked shit up pretty good by getting some legit bad ass mother fuckers to do his bidding. This guy is no Hitler but he deserves the same treatment and should be treated as an enemy of the state if you ask me. Hate groups and individuals that associate themselves with them either directly or on the fringes should forfeit their constitutional rights if you ask me.

I agree & would extend that to most if not all of the militia groups. Sedition is still a thing, right?

Just to be clear, this douche was denied custody because of a history of violence/abuse in the home, not because of his Nazi-loving douchery.  He certainly dosen't help his case any, and I am certain that if there was any ambiguity or doubt in the case that him playing "dress-up" caused him to lose any potential tiebreaker.

But the bottom line is a good one .... The consequences of his BEHAVIOR caused this result, not by what he believes or looks like.  Substance, not style.

Archived