Aaron Murray - UGA

WRAPradio

Sounds like Aaron Murray from Georgia is going to have surgery on his torn ACL.  He probably won't be able to participate in the combine causing his draft stock to drop.  If he fell to the 4h or 5th round do you think the Bengals should take a chance on him?

I think he'd be a quality backup with the potential to be a really good starter.

I really like murray and we have had good success drafting players from Georgia. I would take him in a heart beat and depending on how Dalton fares the rest of this season we just may take a QB

I like him too and to your point, we've done pretty well with Georgia players.  

I've seen a number of first round projections on Murray.

Not in the last year you haven't.  Murray was considered a sure-fire future first rounder - when AJ Green was making him look all that.  I actually really like him, and think that he compares somewhat favorably to Andy Dalton believe it or not, but he would have been lucky to get into the second round BEFORE the ACL. But he won't sniff top 40.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like Aaron Murray from Georgia is going to have surgery on his torn ACL.  He probably won't be able to participate in the combine causing his draft stock to drop.  If he fell to the 4h or 5th round do you think the Bengals should take a chance on him?

I think he'd be a quality backup with the potential to be a really good starter.

He's the college QB that most closely resembles the guy we already have.

Outstanding football IQ, experience and intangibles.
Questionable size, arm and athleticism.

If you don't trust Dalton, Murray is probably not your guy.

He's the college QB that most closely resembles the guy we already have.

Outstanding football IQ, experience and intangibles.
Questionable size, arm and athleticism.

If you don't trust Dalton, Murray is probably not your guy.

On the flip side, if you do trust Dalton, and think that he'll grow into the Drew Brees-type QB that you've been hoping, Murray is the perfect guy to take in, say, the 4th round to groom behind him as look-alike in the event he goes unexpectedly goes down.

On the flip side, if you do trust Dalton, and think that he'll grow into the Drew Brees-type QB that you've been hoping, Murray is the perfect guy to take in, say, the 4th round to groom behind him as look-alike in the event he goes unexpectedly goes down.

Personally I think it'd be a sound move, if he can be had after the third. It's just strange that some people who have no faith in our current QB want to draft his doppelgänger.

Archived