New lease allows Bengals to play overseas

I don't understand the fixation by the NFL with expansion into Europe or anywhere else outside the USA. Talk about logistical nightmares. If anything, why not a team in Hawaii if the NFL isn't going to be overly concerned with flight times, etc? If I were a player in the NFL I would LOVE to play in Hawaii.

I get the idea that the NFL as a business wants to keep increasing revenue, but when does that end? There's got to be a point of diminishing returns. Why can't we get a team in Los Angeles before a team goes to England?

I personally don't think the league wants a team in LA really.  It's great leverage for any team fighting for a new stadium, better lease terms, etc...

Don't want to meet our demands? Fine. We'll go to LA...... Oh, you'll meet our demands now?

Exact same thing happened with the Bengals except it was Baltimore.

I personally don't think the league wants a team in LA really.  It's great leverage for any team fighting for a new stadium, better lease terms, etc...

Don't want to meet our demands? Fine. We'll go to LA...... Oh, you'll meet our demands now?

Exact same thing happened with the Bengals except it was Baltimore.

Los Angeles feels the same way, really.  When you start trying to get practical, the interest wanes.

Everyone wants a new state of the art stadium, close by but not so close as to cause traffic issues and drunk fan issues.  They aren't that keen about paying for it with taxes, though.

The problem is that there is no place to plunk a stadium that two thirds of the city wouldn't instantly decide is too far to drive to.  This is what the Rams and Raiders found out, eventually.

How dare they even consider taking away one of our home games!

Challenge the moment, and think of it as a once-in-a-lifetime road trip opportunity.

I say if it happens we all buy a #12 Bengal jersey with WANKER on the back. Then, after we each buy tickets and airfare, we agree to meet for a group trouser dropping photo outside of that building in London that looks like a sex toy.

Archived