Dre Kirkpatrick.....

Some of us are disappointed because as a first round draft pick in his 3rd year he should be ahead of a 36 year old cb, pacman , one that's coming from a Achilles injury or a rookie cb. He's still young so I'm sure he will continue to improve.

You are acting like Hall, Newman, and Pacman are scrubs...those guys are all first round picks who have had success in the NFL. Newman is 36 but he was 24 before he played his first NFL game. Hall is one of the best CB in the history of this franchise and I would say that Pacman and Kirkpatrick are pretty even at this stage of their careers. 

But should he be the #1 CB on the depth chart, because he was drafted in the first round and he's a young guy? I just don't understand that logic...

Some of us are disappointed because as a first round draft pick in his 3rd year he should be ahead of a 36 year old cb, pacman , one that's coming from a Achilles injury or a rookie cb. He's still young so I'm sure he will continue to improve.

Why?   Hall, Newman, Pac are all first round draft picks.   I believe all picked higher than Dre.    Despite your noted descriptions of their abilities they have in fact all played very well.

Why should he be undoubtedly in front of them because he's entering his 3rd season?   That doesn't make any sense.   We have highly drafted CBs playing the way highly drafted CBs should be. 

Despite the hand wringing over his TC missed time,  Dre seems to be logging more time with that group so you can guess he's closing the gap.

Everyone is disappointed that he isn't blowing the doors off the league.  The difference is that some are calling his injuries a moral failing and trashing him for them.

When did you want him to push Newman, last year? Last year was for all purposes his rookie season and Newman was a vet with 10 years of experience, to expect Dre to start over Newman last year wasn't realistic.  This year I think Dre could be a starter by season's end, just like he was last year. You have to remember he led the team in INT's last season which was basically his rookie year and he started off this year with a pick 6. 

Not quite sure what people's expectations are for Dre but when consider the guys who were drafted ahead of him and behind him in the 2012 draft he compares very favorably.  Morris Claiborne was taken 6th overall by the Cowboys and he's had of all 2 int's in 2 years and was benched last year for one of the worst defenses in the history of the NFL. 

Stephon Gilmore was taken 10th overall and has 3 career INT's, same as Dre, but has played in 8 more games than Dre and he's currently trying to recover offseason hip surgery. Also Gilmore and Claiborne weren't drafted to teams with 3 established vets ahead of them on the depth chart, so when you consider the circumstances of Dre's career and look at the production he has been able to produce I think you will see that he's had a good career so far.

Actually, yes....I did expect Dre to push Newman last year.  A #17 pick overall should have those expectations......no?  I'm not down on the guy and that's why I said his 'seeming' lack of progression because that's the perception that's out there....as evidence by the comments we see. 

I thought someone here posted they noticed he kind of half ass stretched and screwed off during team stretches... But take that for what it's worth.

:35: He's a little scrawny football player, with a lot of speed. He is going to be prone to leg injuries. LOL at the someone here noticed he half assed stretches. Someone needs to let the coaches know!

Archived