Dre Kirkpatrick.....

Sounds like it's a possibility.  Coley Harvey mentions it in his blog today.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=cincinnati-bengals&id=9953&src=desktop&rand=ref~{%22ref%22%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2FG9slOvq4PQ%22}

Another Kirkpatrick injury? At some point late in Monday's practice, cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick left with an undisclosed injury. He had practiced for most of the day before pulling himself out of the action and getting part of his left leg and groin wrapped in ice. If Kirkpatrick misses Tuesday's practice, it will be the second injury he has had this training camp.

The backup receiver was sidelined the first week of camp with a right hamstring injury after battling receiver A.J. Green for a ball deep downfield. It was a good contest as the ball fell incomplete. Kirkpatrick didn't seem to noticeably favor the injury during the route, but walked slowly over to trainers after the play was over. We'll be monitoring Tuesday to see if his latest injury isn't anything to worry about, or if it is more serious than it originally appears.

Sounds like it's a possibility.  Coley Harvey mentions it in his blog today.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=cincinnati-bengals&id=9953&src=desktop&rand=ref~{%22ref%22%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2FG9slOvq4PQ%22}

Another Kirkpatrick injury? At some point late in Monday's practice, cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick left with an undisclosed injury. He had practiced for most of the day before pulling himself out of the action and getting part of his left leg and groin wrapped in ice. If Kirkpatrick misses Tuesday's practice, it will be the second injury he has had this training camp.

The backup receiver was sidelined the first week of camp with a right hamstring injury after battling receiver A.J. Green for a ball deep downfield. It was a good contest as the ball fell incomplete. Kirkpatrick didn't seem to noticeably favor the injury during the route, but walked slowly over to trainers after the play was over. We'll be monitoring Tuesday to see if his latest injury isn't anything to worry about, or if it is more serious than it originally appears.

I wasn't aware Dre was also a backup receiver.

Another stealth stash on IR?

Give him some MORE time to figure out 

which end is up as a professional football player

and be all fresh and Mighty Mouse at some point

during the season: Here I come to save the daaaaayyy.

This guy's act is old.

Sorry.

Dude has spent 1 week on IR, maybe 2. 

The panic act is not new either.

I thought someone here posted they noticed he kind of half ass stretched and screwed off during team stretches... But take that for what it's worth.

It was me that posted that. It was just an observation at the start of a practice. He looked like he wasn't really taking the time to stretch very serious. It could have been an isolated incident, but he stuck out like a sore thumb, being the only player in orange shorts... 45 min into the practice he tweeked his hamstring doing 1-1 drills with the receivers

Dre Kirk-Jana

Typical Alabama player at the next level (minus Gilberry)

Pretty safe to call this kid a bust. Has been hurt multiple times, gets abused on double moves, and is clearly the 5th best option at corner on this team. He needs to change his twitter handle to @Drekirkstank.

Dre Kirk-Jana

Typical Alabama player at the next level (minus Gilberry)

Pretty safe to call this kid a bust. Has been hurt multiple times, gets abused on double moves, and is clearly the 5th best option at corner on this team. He needs to change his twitter handle to @Drekirkstank.

Not to doubt this but the 5th best option was going against KC 1st team in first preseason game and was matched up on their No. 1 WR a few times.

Knock on wood but there's no need to trash a player over precautionary rest during TC.    Hopefully that's it is.

This. Dre can't control injuries and he has more to lose if he is injured than anyone on this board so I'm sure he's more disappointed/upset/whatever over the injuries to HIS body than anyone. 

When he's healthy he plays hard and gives 100% effort while making some big plays in the process. I understand that his career got off to a disappointing start and the whole "swagger" thing doesn't go over well is this blue collar city, but I think he's going to be a good player in this league and we are only seeing the tip of the iceberg for what he can do.

This. Dre can't control injuries and he has more to lose if he is injured than anyone on this board so I'm sure he's more disappointed/upset/whatever over the injuries to HIS body than anyone. 

When he's healthy he plays hard and gives 100% effort while making some big plays in the process. I understand that his career got off to a disappointing start and the whole "swagger" thing doesn't go over well is this blue collar city, but I think he's going to be a good player in this league and we are only seeing the tip of the iceberg for what he can do.

I certainly hope you're right, but even I, as a Dre apologist, am beginning to feel a little frustrated by his seeming lack of development into a legit starting CB in the NFL.  Have to keep in mind he has some pretty damn good CBs in front of him still but I would have liked to have seen him push Newman for the starting spot. 

I certainly hope you're right, but even I, as a Dre apologist, am beginning to feel a little frustrated by his seeming lack of development into a legit starting CB in the NFL.  Have to keep in mind he has some pretty damn good CBs in front of him still but I would have liked to have seen him push Newman for the starting spot. 

Where is this lack of development theory coming from?    Due to injury he started late last season and had his ups and downs but led team in Ints.     The first action we saw of the team this year saw him running with starters covering Dwayne Bowe.    Eventually picked off the 2nd string QB for a pick 6.

I'm not making any predictions but that does seem like a progression into at least a bigger role. 

It's not like the first we saw of Dre in the first preseason game was late 2nd Qtr.   He was in there with starters the second drive.     

When did you want him to push Newman, last year? Last year was for all purposes his rookie season and Newman was a vet with 10 years of experience, to expect Dre to start over Newman last year wasn't realistic.  This year I think Dre could be a starter by season's end, just like he was last year. You have to remember he led the team in INT's last season which was basically his rookie year and he started off this year with a pick 6. 

Not quite sure what people's expectations are for Dre but when consider the guys who were drafted ahead of him and behind him in the 2012 draft he compares very favorably.  Morris Claiborne was taken 6th overall by the Cowboys and he's had of all 2 int's in 2 years and was benched last year for one of the worst defenses in the history of the NFL. 

Stephon Gilmore was taken 10th overall and has 3 career INT's, same as Dre, but has played in 8 more games than Dre and he's currently trying to recover offseason hip surgery. Also Gilmore and Claiborne weren't drafted to teams with 3 established vets ahead of them on the depth chart, so when you consider the circumstances of Dre's career and look at the production he has been able to produce I think you will see that he's had a good career so far.

Archived