Injury/Practice Updates Wildcard Week

Green looks questionable after sitting out Friday

Posted 54 minutes ago

hobson60x60.jpg Geoff Hobson Editor Bengals.com 

Not a good sign for Sunday’s Wild Card Game (1 p.m.-Cincinnati’s Channel 12) in Indianapolis.

After going limited on Thursday, four-time Pro Bowl wide receiver A.J. Green didn’t practice at all Friday morning and remained in the NFL concussion protocol. The hope had been that he would be cleared before Friday’s practice so he could be full go, but he was dressed in sweats while standing among the quarterbacks and wide receivers on the Paul Brown Stadium turf.

It was a thin group with rookie James Wright (knee) not expected to play and Dane Sanzenbacher (concussion) going on season-ending injured reserve earlier in the week. That leaves them with four healthy wide receivers, Mohamed Sanu, Brandon Tate, Greg Little and Cobi Hamilton.

Little joined the team in October, has six catches, and has been inactive five of the last seven games. Hamilton, a 2013 sixth-round pick, has been on the practice squad the last two years and has never played in an NFL game. Tate has 17 catches for 193 yards and a touchdown and while Sanu has 56 catches and five touchdowns with a career-high 790 yards, he was only targeted nine times in the month of December.

Tight end Jermaine Gresham (back), their second leading receiver with 460 yards on 62 catches, was back to practice Friday after missing Wednesday and Thursday.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Green-looks-questionable-after-sitting-out-Friday-/9d99be65-13f4-4db7-9eaa-8284c10e447b

Just like last time playing Indy, their corners were good enough to contain our WRs minus AJ. Their gameplan was simple, crowd the box to take away the run and underneath throws. It is a gameplan that consistently works against us. It will be essential that someone has the ability to beat man to man press coverage and beat them over the top when they are daring us to. I love Sanu but he is simply not explosive enough to be that guy.

These guys get paid million son top of millions to play this sport. Let them fukn make the decision if they want to play or not! That lawsuit against the NFL ruined everything. Changed the game fotrever

The protocols are guidelines IIRC. There may be a fine or some penalty if a team breaks them. BFD. I believe it is still up to the player/coaches/doctors as to whether they go. 

The protocols are guidelines IIRC. There may be a fine or some penalty if a team breaks them. BFD. I believe it is still up to the player/coaches/doctors as to whether they go. 

Then get the F out there!! I was under the impression the league takes the decision away

Archived