Jan 6 hearings

Jamie_B

3 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

DeSantis has staked his whole campaign on fighting the woke

Nobody cares about that, polls show it's not a winning issue.

I used to worry about him as a "smarter Trump" meaning an authoritarian that isnt stupid and could be a real danger to this country because of that.

I'm less worried about him the longer the campaign goes on, just dont think he can win.

Fair enough.

3 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Newsome isn't running. 

My only complaint about California is it's inequality problems. It's economy is the 5th largest economy in the world.......yes world.

If it would get serious about tackling inequality, Newsome could be a candidate in the future 

He's tied to his Auntie's politics.

Not a fan.

Just now, claptonrocks said:

He's tied to his Auntie's politics.

Not a fan.

I'm not sure most people even know who is Aunt is.

Also I'm very "'meh" about her. People say shes been effective at getting legislation done. But she fights with the left more than anyone.

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

Dark Horse here is Nicki Haley.

She has now been backed by one of the Koch brothers, and one of the Billionaires from LinkedIn

That's the tip of the iceberg with the Koch bros, as I'm sure you're aware.  One fun example is that they were behind the recent legalization of permitless concealed carry in all these states.. Funny, why would billionaires with their own private security detail want to arm everybody without demonstrating any kind of safety training?  Almost like an armed, twitchy population serves their purposes in some other way...

Problem is she is a war-monger and will likely get us into all sorts of wars.

Every likely President is going to do that because that's how our economy functions at this point.  We subsidize the shit out of arms dealers in the form of billions in military assistance that is then spent with US companies.  Our economy would collapse without this corporate welfare.

Not a Haley fan by any stretch but thought I'd add some context.

• Upvote 2