Games in HD?

[quote name='Skilly McRailnob' date='Sep 10 2005, 11:02 AM']Will most/all of the bengal games be broadcast in HD?
[right][post="145553"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Probably not, CBS broadcast three games in HD, so if we have any of the top three announce teams we will but anyone else we won't. I'm not sure how many Fox games are broadcast in HD. The Espn sunday night game will be. Maybe later in the year when they realize we are good we might get one of the top announce teams and get HD.

[quote name='Matt_Six' date='Sep 10 2005, 05:23 PM']Does HD really make a difference? I can't even tell when I am watching things in HD or not... maybe I just haven't really experienced true HD.
[right][post="145661"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

yeah you must not have... or are very blind........

Guest Matt_Six

[quote name='turningpoint' date='Sep 10 2005, 04:26 PM']yeah you must not have... or are very blind........
[right][post="145665"][/post][/right][/quote]

Nah - I have great vision.

:mellow:

[quote name='Matt_Six' date='Sep 10 2005, 04:23 PM']Does HD really make a difference? I can't even tell when I am watching things in HD or not... maybe I just haven't really experienced true HD.

oh god yes! a world of difference! i really hadnt noticed it until watching the nba finals this year on my 52" hitachi hdtv.

Regular television, NTSC DV is a resolution of 720x480 pixels at 29.97 frames per second. This is also interlaced, which means instead of an entire frame, you see two slices of the screen in two slices of time. One slice being the odd number of scan lines, the other slice being the even number.

High Definition can be up to a resolution of 1920x1080 pixels at 24p. That's 24 frames per second, but in progressive format, instead of interlaced. Which means no more slices, just one entire frame at a time. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/26.gif[/img]

[quote name='Matt_Six' date='Sep 10 2005, 04:23 PM']Does HD really make a difference? I can't even tell when I am watching things in HD or not... maybe I just haven't really experienced true HD.

oh god yes! a world of difference! i really hadnt noticed it until watching the nba finals this year on my 52" hitachi hdtv.

[quote name='NASTYNATI' date='Sep 10 2005, 10:04 PM']oh god yes! a world of difference! i really hadnt noticed it until watching the nba finals this year on my 52" hitachi hdtv.
[right][post="145693"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I have a 52" Hitachi HDTV also

It is the shit!

Week 3 will be broadcast in HD @ Chicago.

As of now, the TV schedule has not been determined for after Week 4 for CBS.

I do not know what the plans are for week 2. That's a FOX game, and I don't care. I'll be at Paul Brown anyways, so it's all good!

Look here for the updated schedule: [url="http://cbs.sportsline.com/cbssports/schedules/page/nfl"]http://cbs.sportsline.com/cbssports/schedules/page/nfl[/url]

Oh - and today's game is NOT broadcast in HD. Sorry.

[quote name='Storm' date='Sep 11 2005, 12:03 PM']With my tv if its not broadcast in HD you can use one of the HDTV channels and get a HD picture but it isn't full screen
[right][post="146145"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

False.

You can get an "upconverted" signal.

Is this digital cable that we are talking about?

[quote name='Kool Keith' date='Sep 11 2005, 04:05 PM']False.

You can get an "upconverted" signal.

Is this digital cable that we are talking about?
[right][post="146149"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Insight digital, really didn't want to get in an argument over whether its HD or not all I know its a much clearer picture than the other channels

But thanks for the technical correction

[quote name='Storm' date='Sep 11 2005, 12:13 PM']Insight digital, really didn't want to get in an argument over whether its HD or not all I know its a much clearer picture than the other channels

But thanks for the technical correction
[right][post="146154"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
No...no arguments.

I actually have the same thing.

With the DVR box? Correct?

It is MUCH clearer than the other channels - it's a DIGITAL signal exclusively, just not HD. The regular channels - 2 thru 71 are analog into your home, digitally converted in the box to the hard drive, and then converted back to analog and sent back to your TV.

The 700 channels are already digital, and that's where your HD channels are. I HATE it when I expect something to be in HD on the network channels, and I switch over to them, and it has the smaller screen! DAMMIT, that pisses me off.

Keith

[quote name='Kool Keith' date='Sep 11 2005, 04:35 PM']No...no arguments.

I actually have the same thing. 

With the DVR box?  Correct?

It is MUCH clearer than the other channels - it's a DIGITAL signal exclusively, just not HD.  The regular channels - 2 thru 71 are analog into your home, digitally converted in the box to the hard drive, and then converted back to analog and sent back to your TV. 

The 700 channels are already digital, and that's where your HD channels are.  I HATE it when I expect something to be in HD on the network channels, and I switch over to them, and it has the smaller screen!  DAMMIT, that pisses me off.

Keith
[right][post="146181"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Exact same setup and I know what you mean about the smaller picture

Will you watch the smaller screen with a better pic or the regular channel with the full size pic? I can't stand the smaller pic so I will probably just watch the regular channel

[quote name='Storm' date='Sep 11 2005, 12:39 PM']Exact same setup and I know what you mean about the smaller picture

Will you watch the smaller screen with a better pic or the regular channel with the full size pic?  I can't stand the smaller pic so I will probably just watch the regular channel
[right][post="146189"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I'll watch the regular one, because I'll record it, and it takes up 1/4 of the space vs. the HD channel. I like to review the game later on during the week at least once if it's a regular game - if it's something special, I'll save it for a long time.

I just deleted the MNF game from last year like two months ago. I'm aching for some new football!

LET'S GO BENGALS!!!

Archived