Bengals Mandatory Minicamp - June 11 through June 13 -

7 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

Seeing Mims and Trent together you realize just how rare of a specimen Mims is.

They are only 15 lbs apart on paper (350 vs 365), but Trent looks about 40-50 lbs heavier and very top heavy in comparison. 

• Like 1

Day 1 Observations

- I get the impression Mims is ahead of schedule and they are looking for a way to get Trent on the field, even if Mims is the better option at RT. 

- Ja'Marr is not going to risk injury without his huge extension. Do not look for him to play any snaps in practice, preseason, etc until the new deal is inked. He has too much on the line (over 100 million guaranteed) that there is no way he's going to risk tearing an ACL. 

- I think Burrow had a minor wrist tweak last week and that was why they dialed things back and now they are slowly ramping him back up again. But this is uncharted territory, so I prefer they go slow and be cautious as the regular season is still 3 months away. He just needs to be 100% ready by September. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

Day 1 Observations

- I get the impression Mims is ahead of schedule and they are looking for a way to get Trent on the field, even if Mims is the better option at RT. 

- Ja'Marr is not going to risk injury without his huge extension. Do not look for him to play any snaps in practice, preseason, etc until the new deal is inked. He has too much on the line (over 100 million guaranteed) that there is no way he's going to risk tearing an ACL. 

- I think Burrow had a minor tweak last week and that was why they dialed things back and now they are slowly ramping him back up again. But this is uncharted territory, so I prefer they go slow and be cautious as the regular season is still 3 months away. He just needs to be 100% ready by September. 

Ja'Marr is fooling himself if he's expecting the Bengals to guarantee 100 mil to him. If Jefferson's contract is the model to work from, Chase should get a bit less as he hasn't had Jefferson's numbers, then a bit less than that as he's got 2 years left on his rookie contract compared to Jefferson being in his final season. Something like a 4/128 add on to his current deal with a 30 mil signing bonus (in addition to his guaranteed rookie contract money) would be reasonable. But the Bengals aren't going to guarantee money 3 or more years out.