• No way, I want to keep the best back up in the league
    • Only if they were stupid enough to give us Abraham
    • Yes for a first round or second round pick
    • Yes for a third or fourth round pick
    • Yes for a fifth or sixth round pick
    • Yes for a seventh round pick
    • Yes for anything get rid of the bumb

Guest Francisco d'Anconia

[quote name='GoBengals' date='Sep 28 2005, 12:24 AM']i would trade kitna for a packet of 5.25 floppy discs...

something equally as useless...
[right][post="158877"][/post][/right][/quote]

Did he not sign your jersey or something?

<_<

[quote name='Francisco d'Anconia' date='Sep 27 2005, 11:35 PM']Did he not sign your jersey or something?

<_<
[right][post="158888"][/post][/right][/quote]

how could you possibly not find a reference to 5.25" floppy discs funny?

i mean seriously do you remember those things? oregon trail, orange and black computer screens...

cripes...

[quote name='GoBengals' date='Sep 28 2005, 12:38 AM']how could you possibly not find a reference to 5.25" floppy discs funny?

i mean seriously do you remember those things? oregon trail, orange and black computer screens...

cripes...
[right][post="158891"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Oregon trail. Wow, I loved going buffalo hunting. Spent all my money on guns and ammo-- who needs food!?

This thread has gone wrong.
The obvious answer to these types of questions is that YES, anytime you trust the administration of the team to make wise choices regarding the team's future, you should express support for the decisions that they make, especially with Marvin now making the calls on personnel with absolute authority.
We have openly displayed support for whatever Marvin wants to do. If Kitna is to be traded in the offseason, so be it.
If a team that had 2 number one picks in next year's draft for Chad, plus a third, would YOU be tempted?
It is a business now, first and foremost, with fan support being almost a given in the NFL....where else would the heathen drunks go on Sundays if not to spend money they can't afford on tickets and concessions in a concrete jungle....
Trade anyone at anytime if the price is right and you're Marvin Lewis....

[quote name='Francisco d'Anconia' date='Sep 27 2005, 11:42 PM']Oregon trail. Wow, I loved going buffalo hunting. Spent all my money on guns and ammo-- who needs food!?
[right][post="158894"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

no joke right? hunt the buffalo and you got food right there!

[quote name='Nati Ice' date='Sep 27 2005, 11:47 PM']you will both die of dysentery if you dont watch out...
[right][post="158900"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

HA!

and for fucks sake dont try to float across the river with 5 cases of ammo!

Avoiding the virtual memory drain on my sorry-assed PC due to programs like AIM running in the background all the time....a new PC is a foregone conclusion at this point, since I'll be coming into some well-earned bonus money very soon....gotta have priorities and all... :afropic:
Wife: "Motherfucker! (Honey), where's all the money?!?!?!"
Me: "Bitch (Sweetheart), you fucked the mailman again!!!!"
:ninja:

[quote name='Bunghole' date='Sep 28 2005, 12:10 AM']Avoiding the virtual memory drain on my sorry-assed PC due to programs like AIM running in the background all the time....a new PC is a foregone conclusion at this point, since I'll be coming into some well-earned bonus money very soon....gotta have priorities and all... :afropic:
Wife:  "Motherfucker! (Honey), where's all the money?!?!?!"
Me:  "Bitch (Sweetheart), you fucked the mailman again!!!!"
:ninja:
[right][post="158919"][/post][/right][/quote]

creechnasty is NOT a mailman

Guest IndianaBengal
I'd trade him for Vilma.
We should have kept Ferrote. I thought he was better than Kitna. Our line and role players will make a lot of half assed qb's look damm good.

[quote name='IndianaBengal' date='Sep 28 2005, 01:37 PM']I'd trade him for Vilma.
We should have kept Ferrote. I thought he was better than Kitna.  Our line and role players will make a lot of half assed qb's look damm good.
[right][post="159126"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

ala 2003 kitna

[quote name='GoBengals' date='Sep 28 2005, 03:32 PM']ala 2003 kitna
[right][post="159156"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

On NFL Live today they had a segment on backup quarterbacks. They listed 3 teams that could win with their back up quarterbacks and 3 teams that flat out could not. The Bengals were named the best team in the NFL with their back up quarterback starting. 2nd was Vikings with Brad Johnson and 3rd was Steelers with Tommy Maddox.

[quote name='Francisco d'Anconia' date='Sep 28 2005, 06:37 PM']On NFL Live today they had a segment on backup quarterbacks. They listed 3 teams that could win with their back up quarterbacks and 3 teams that flat out could not. The Bengals were named the best team in the NFL with their back up quarterback starting. 2nd was Vikings with Brad Johnson and 3rd was Steelers with Tommy Maddox.
[right][post="159349"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

those guys are geniuses, they are never wrong!

[quote name='BengalsCat' date='Sep 28 2005, 06:54 PM']Words from carsons mouth... the only person he could not afford to lose is not  levi jones or willie anderson or chad... ITS JOHN KITNA!!!!!!!!!!!! so he isnt going anywhere
[right][post="159358"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

carson is our GM now?

I hate it when Kitna has to play.
Look, like Go says, it's nothing personal, you can have all the team respect and be an honest-to-goodness student of the game and still suck when you get out there and succumb to the pressures of playing NFL QB.
Kitna was equal parts "yay" and "fuck!" the last two seasons, hence 8-8. I don't care what anyone says, Kitna is NOT a viable starter for ANYONE!
He is good as a backup because of system knowledge, player respect, veteran leadership and....THAT'S IT!
I don't care what any "insider" says....d'Anconia, I'm looking in your direction.... :lol:
Kitna is a decent backup and that is all....that is ALL!
Pray with Jon that Carson doesn't get hurt.....

[quote name='STRAYCAT' date='Sep 28 2005, 09:38 PM']What the fuck is wrong with everybody. Do you realize one play can take Carson out and if we didn't have Kitna who knows the system we could be like the jets.
This is just plain stupid to even talk about this shit right now. Let's enjoy what we have going.  <_<
[right][post="159523"][/post][/right][/quote]
Out of the two backups we have, there is no doubt in my mind that Kitna gives us the best chance to win if Carson cannot play.
The dropoff in talent between the #1 and #2 Qb's in our organization, however, merits concern, because Kitna sucks except for how great he is in any other way than actually playing NFL QB...

[quote name='Bunghole' date='Sep 28 2005, 11:27 PM']I hate it when Kitna has to play.
Look, like Go says, it's nothing personal, you can have all the team respect and be an honest-to-goodness student of the game and still suck when you get out there and succumb to the pressures of playing NFL QB.
Kitna was equal parts "yay" and "fuck!" the last two seasons, hence 8-8.  I don't care what anyone says, Kitna is NOT a viable starter for ANYONE!
He is good as a backup because of system knowledge, player respect, veteran leadership and....THAT'S IT!
I don't care what any "insider" says....d'Anconia, I'm looking in your direction.... :lol:
Kitna is a decent backup and that is all....that is ALL!
Pray with Jon that Carson doesn't get hurt.....
[right][post="159517"][/post][/right][/quote]

No one likes it when their back up goes down. But luckily in our case, if Palmer goes down we are in the best shape out of any other team in the league who loses their starter.

Archived